Started Using Ru... Bad Side Effects

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using RU for 4 years, still breathing. Only obvious side was gyno on 150mg, but manage to contain it when switching vehicle.
I think the biggest problem with RU is that you'll be needing to upping the dose to keep up with your hairloss, the drug isn't that potent but i believe it's pretty safe. Had far more serious sides with Finasteride.

Merica

My Regimen
Reaction score
To start, I haven’t been on any treatments for about a year. I never responded to finasteride or minoxidil, so I gave them up.

My hair loss obviously continued, so I figured I would try another course of treatment. I chose RU, based on the claims of there being no systemic side effects. There is a plethora of praise for it, and the theory of the chemical being metabolized upon entering the blood stream was very promising. Important note: I did not read what the side effects were before beginning the treatment.

I got 5 g of RU from Kane, and mixed a 40mg/ml mixture in a PG ethanol vehicle, 70/30 ratio, exactly as hellouser advised in his video.

The day I started RU, I noticed that my sinuses hurt, around my ears. My ears started popping like I was getting an ear infection. At this point I did not attribute anything to the RU. I figured it was a summer cold.

Over the next four days, I started getting a bad headache, and my muscles hurt very badly. At this point I thought it was the flu, so I called out of work. That day, I could barely move. I felt and moved like an old man. My back, legs, and shoulders were killing me. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I also couldn’t stay awake. I slept from 5-7pm, ate dinner, and immediately went back to bed for 15 hours. This was the fifth day of treatment, and then I started putting it together. I caved and looked at some of the reported side effects of RU... headaches, body aches, etc.

I stopped treatment and over the next two days the symptoms disappeared. Today, I reapplied the same mixture to my scalp, and immediately the same sinus pressure returned. My lower back is starting to hurt also. The feeling in my muscles is like a charly horse, but all over. Being the first day, I’m still mobile, but I can confirm that, for me, the symptoms are repeatable, and I didn’t just have a short flu last week.

I’m not a doctor. I don’t know what to make of this, and I also don’t know what exactly people may take away from this information. I have nothing against RU as a potential treatment, but I guess my main point is to be very careful with any information you get from forums. The FDA process is slow and frustrating, but it’s necessary to keep people safe.

At this point, I have to cut my losses and stop using this immediately. For those who have read that RU has no systemic side effects... it depends on the individual. Be careful.

I also didn't have any luck with minoxidil until I started Lipogain. Between that Viviscal, LLLT and Keto I have managed to keep a full head of hair, I'm 48 and started losing at 29. I stay with stuff that has either fda approval or strong clinical or anecdotal evidence. Sorry to hear about the sides glad to hear everyone has recovered and feels good.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using RU for 4 years, still breathing. Only obvious side was gyno on 150mg, but manage to contain it when switching vehicle.
I think the biggest problem with RU is that you'll be needing to upping the dose to keep up with your hairloss, the drug isn't that potent but i believe it's pretty safe. Had far more serious sides with Finasteride.
How did you get Gyno from RU?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using it for 2 or 3 months now, no sides to speak of yet. Which is great because I couldn't handle finasteride at all so really my only lifeline.