Started Using Minoxidil.. Shedding And Dandruff Galore

irondude221

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please tell me this is normal?
I've started using minoxidil at exactly the start of this month, and I've noticed crazy shedding and excessive dandruff about 2 days ago. My crown would be covered in these flakes which I'm going to assume is dried up minoxidil? Is it normal for minoxidil shedding to start 2.5 weeks after initially using? How long will this last?
Please someone put me at ease, I'm using 5% liquid.

tinoran

My Regimen
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me the 2 times I tried minoxidil and both times I stopped straight away. I just gave up using it out of fear I would make my hair loss worse.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding 2 weeks into minoxidil and it lasted early into the first month then gradually stopped. Im now a little over 2 months in, my shed has stopped and im regrowing some hair too :)

irondude221

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding 2 weeks into minoxidil and it lasted early into the first month then gradually stopped. Im now a little over 2 months in, my shed has stopped and im regrowing some hair too :)

That's seriously comforting. Working the shampoo lather on my head to then look at my hands and find 50+ hairs per hand is not a fun experience.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's seriously comforting. Working the shampoo lather on my head to then look at my hands and find 50+ hairs per hand is not a fun experience.
Or even running fingers through your hair. I was able to get like 3 - 5 every time i did it. It will settle down, its better to shed early rather than later.