Started RU58841

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
Well have to say stopping minoxidil has worked wonders for the bloating in my face and bags under my eyes, 2 weeks off the stuff and my face is improving daily. However I have shed lots of hair.
I started RU 06/06 - 150mg with 3ml 70%/30% alchol/PG mix once per day. applies ok, bit runnier than I would like but hey. Leave it on overnight and shower in the morning. I have not much to report other than the shed from stopping minoxidil but I am hopeful once the RU gets to work I should get some thickening and re-growth. Will keep this updated for anyone thinking of trying RU!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Cool man :)

I intend to go for Densiti and tackling what I believe to be the root cause of my hair loss (collagen thinning and some other stuff) but then if that doesn't work...... after you with the RU!!! xD

It seems to be great stuff. El Duterino seems to have a good experience with it and fluridil as well as internal finasteride (but Densiti and beta-sit would probably do as well, or at least come close), irishpride uses RU and minoxidil.

If you feel like a minoxidil alternative, you can get great hair growth tablets, and also things like Spectral RS, or possibly Proxiphen-N. I wish you luck and yes, keep us posted! :)

el_duterino

Reaction score
don't just apply it like minoxidil. You need to rub it in vigourousely if not RU won't penetrate well through the top layer of the skin.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
cheers for the feedback guys, i've taken some photos, which I will have up on friday afternoon.

El-dutasteride - cheers for the info. Will make sure i massage it in thoroughly!! Seems to mix reasonably well on the plus side!

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
don't just apply it like minoxidil. You need to rub it in vigourousely if not RU won't penetrate well through the top layer of the skin.

El dutasteride, If you use Retin-A as well as a Dermaroller, this should increase the scalps uptake of RU as you are creating holes for the RU to get closer to the follicle AND effectively removing a fine layer of your skin.

Regardless it should still be rubbed in vigourousely, however would this make a substantial difference?

Seriously if i don't regrow most of my lost hair after everything im trying i will be supprised AND devistated lol

el_duterino

Reaction score
RU will not regrow lost hair. It works on existing hair only, to maintain those hair and prevent further hairloss, and this without any systemic effects.

It can thicken existing hair if those hair are still healthy enough.

I have some Retin A but its a cream, don't see how I apply this stuff to hair as its too thick. Do you use a liquid ?

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
RU will not regrow lost hair. It works on existing hair only, to maintain those hair and prevent further hairloss, and this without any systemic effects.

I have some Retin A but its a cream, don't see how I apply this stuff to hair as its too thick. Do you use a liquid ?
el_duterino said:

yes, i use the liquid from www.minoxidil.com. it goes on well, comes in a dauber. and it dries pretty quickly too.

you say ru will only strenghten hairs if they are strong enough, does this mean if you can use minoxidil and other stimulants to get a hair just past/out of the vellus stage, then ru can help make those hairs terminal again?

el_duterino

Reaction score
need to use a small glass funnel and then wash the powder down with ethanol.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there no way to buy RU already made up? I want to try this in the future but I don't think I can ever get myself to actually make it into a liquid form or whatever myself.

Why don't you guys make a website and start making some money or wouldn't that be legal or whatever? lol

Would be a very good backup to my currently successful regimen. Hairloss WILL progress at some stage and I want to be ready.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
How long do you leave the RU to dissolve in the alcohol?

I leave it around 10 mins then add the PG

el_duterino

Reaction score
after pouring the ethanol I shake it a few times and it is dissolved after 20 seconds..ready to be used.

I don't think someone can make money out of a RU lotion..its too easy to mix it yourself to justify the extra cost.

besides, RU has a short shelf life in a lotion.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
el_dut...where do you buy your RU and how much does it work out for you to use? How much would it cost me to use it on only my hair line? And what would it cost to use on the entire head?

Thanks man

hairandthere

Reaction score
i would say at least 50mg daily for the hairline and 150mg daily for the whole dome. You can read up on the studies, see what other users are taking, etc. There seems to be quite a lot more people experimenting with it at the hairlosshelp forums btw.

10 grams = 450 USD shipped or 20 grams for something like 810/820 USD from K o u t i n g. You can do the math from there.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
That is the problem with doing it yourself. Once your in your hooked. 450 is a shitload of money! Someone really should make a website and make these stuff themselfs and sell it. I think it's a great idea... People don't want to try it out for 500 dollars...I mean seriously? What if you get sides and have to discontinue.

Any takers lol

hairandthere

Reaction score
I don't get your point. I guess you could want to buy 1 or 2 months worth but I wouldn't expect any results and don't see what the point of it would be. Plus, if you purchased it from someone else, it would cost you more than what you can get if from one of the two suppliers. It's not going to somehow get cheaper on the way to you...

Hopefully you would do any treatment at least 4-6 months if you are expecting to see results and thats about what 10 grams can get you depending on how much you use. Depending on how much area you want to cover, you can see if you can afford to try it or not. if using 100mg/day, you're probably looking at around 850 (1 order) or 900 USD (2 orders) per 6 months. 50mg per day should last around 6 months. I've been averaging about 200mg+ the past 60 days...

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Geez. Yeah.... spironolactone is way cheaper. I can't afford RU. Perhaps it will be cheaper in the future...

I just want to see if I have side effects for a month I don't care about spending more on ONE month. THEN trying it for 6 you know. That is what I meant.

But yeah I can't pay 500 every 6 months just as an "extra" in my regimen. spironolactone and finasteride should save my hairline just fine probably.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
El dutasteride,

Question... I was thinking of just mixing 50mg's of RU w/ 2 vials of Fluridil, and calling it a day. I would dump the 2 vials into a glass dropper bottle, add the RU and shake.

Or is it better to make up a seperate vial of 2-3 ml's of Everclear, maybe w/ a couple drops of Emu oil for better absorption, and apply it that way?

Are you aware of any reason these 2 substances could not be mixed?

Thanks

Hoppi

Reaction score
Man, god knows if that would work lakota - it would certainly be damn potent if it did! Of course, you cannot mix fluridil with any other liquids, but I dont know about powders. Would the RU dissolve properly do you think?

And yeah wow RU is so expensive - that totally sucks because it was one of my top choices if my current approach fails. I too may have to go for alternative topicals like spironolactone ._.

I do think if ANY company were to commercialize RU (even a small company) it would get cheaper as demand increased. And I suppose there must be ways of making it legal, as its sold already after all. I think more companies should be looking at this.