Started On Big 3 Today. Should I Add Biotin?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, while I am on it, I would recommend waiting. You're introducing a lot of things, so probably best to see how the other products work for you.

For example, while I know most will 100% stand behind nizoral, my experience was not good with it. I responded better to head and shoulders.

I did however have very good results with finasteride and minoxidil. While it may not have as much benefit if you respond favourably to everything, it could be one option could be undermining the effects of another. My opinion is you should limit what you introduce so you can see what is doing what.
Just my two cents, but I would start with finasteride and minoxidil alone.

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense... I would try sometime on BIG 3 first before adding anything more to it...

Singularity2045

My Regimen
Reaction score
Biotin made me breakout like crazy and it never stopped for the entire time I used it, which was months! I was taking around 5000 mcg though. Fortunately my skin has healed fast without too much damage (with the help of antibiotics). I never had such bad acne since I was a teenager.

That being said, it doesn't cause everyone to breakout. :)

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I am almost 3 mo into BIG 3 and I do see some results, not great but some results to keep my hope alive. I want to know if BIG 3 would continue to work incrementally (3 mos, 6 mos, 1 yr etc.) or what you get in beginning is what you get? Are there possibilities and hope of getting new hairs incrementally as I continue with the regime? Should I add Biotin to my regime? Any suggestions/experiences would be very helpful.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking 5000 biotin daily too. All I perceive from it is that my existing hair grows a little faster and my fingernails are healthier.

I am getting significant regrowth from minoxodil and powerful hormone and anti androgen regimen, but at 7 months into HRT, I've recovered about a full norwood maybe more, but my forward hairline/temples and one spot to the right of my vertex look like they're never coming back. Saving up for FUE transplants to fix those areas.

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm taking 5000 biotin daily too. All I perceive from it is that my existing hair grows a little faster and my fingernails are healthier.

I am getting significant regrowth from minoxodil and powerful hormone and anti androgen regimen, but at 7 months into HRT, I've recovered about a full norwood maybe more, but my forward hairline/temples and one spot to the right of my vertex look like they're never coming back. Saving up for FUE transplants to fix those areas.
Thanks Ruby. Did you notice hair growth in increments? I am seeing some growth in 3 months into treatment and I hope I'll get more new hairs down the line in next coming months....

Tillu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

I am new here and started my luck with Rogaine (twice daily) & Finasteride (1mg daily) from today... hoping for some results. I have also ordered Nizoral 1% and might apply in 2 times a week. Now, do I need to add Biotin supplements as well? If yes, should I go for 5000 mcg daily of 10,000 mcg daily? I am reading lot of conflicting answers so not sure...would greatly appreciate some response from experienced folks.

Thanks in advance.
Finasteride has side effects like reducing sex drive, diminishing libido.. Try minoxidil

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Ruby. Did you notice hair growth in increments? I am seeing some growth in 3 months into treatment and I hope I'll get more new hairs down the line in next coming months....

Mine has been a slow but steady resurgence.

Devop911

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey as I was young I think 16, I wanted to grow long hair. In this case I went online and searched for help (fast growth), i read about biotion and because it is so fckn* cheap i decided to buy some pills from the local drug store with no expectations. As I took them i really (this wasnt just in my head) noticed very strong nails, i couldnt event get them bite of with thooth, like once before. I also noticed that my grow a bit thiker. So in my honest opionen, if you are at least on the big 2 it CAN help growing a bit thicker.

As well it's important to take antiandrogens like finasteride/Du to solve to problem on the root.

Greetings and hope for a good result.