Started On Big 3 Today. Should I Add Biotin?

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

I am new here and started my luck with Rogaine (twice daily) & Finasteride (1mg daily) from today... hoping for some results. I have also ordered Nizoral 1% and might apply in 2 times a week. Now, do I need to add Biotin supplements as well? If yes, should I go for 5000 mcg daily of 10,000 mcg daily? I am reading lot of conflicting answers so not sure...would greatly appreciate some response from experienced folks.

Thanks in advance.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't do anything in terms of stopping hair loss, unless of course you have a biotin deficiency. It has been said to make your hair grow a little quicker though.

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't do anything in terms of stopping hair loss, unless of course you have a biotin deficiency. It has been said to make your hair grow a little quicker though.
Thanks Vesemir. <y primary goal is to grow hair...I am on Norwood 6 I guess and taking my chances with Big 3 with very little hope. Just don't know how much daily dosage of Biotin I should go for...

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5000 mcg is already 10.000% of what you need daily. Get something way lower if you can.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 6?! There have been no previous reports on very advanced Androgenetic Alopecia responsive to Big 3 as far as I know. You should add potent antiandrogens to your regimen and go on estrogen therapy if you want big regrowth. But it will feminize you. I don't recommend to do that, but for some people this option is a last resort.

But if you not slick bald yet, you can get regrowth even on Big 3. Just add dutasteride to your regimen and apply topical antiandrogens. It can help, but I cannot guarantee that.

Estrogen therapy.png

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Biotin too as i wanted to go down the 'natural' route. Didn't do much for me...

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Biotin will make your existing hair grow faster. It will not thicken, not stop hair loss, not regrow new hair, not save dying hair follicles. It's good if you already have hair and want it longer faster. Also, if you are on the Big 3 and are seeing results, it's possible that biotin may help those reviving hair follicles grow faster (not help them become thicker). But note, that's because they're alive and well again because of the big 3. Biotin by itself does nothing for male pattern baldness.

This goes without saying, it doesn't hurt your big 3 regimen either.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Biotin will probably do absolutely NOTHING for hair loss. Believe me, I tried both (oral
and liquid).

Did nothing. No new growth. Absolutely a waste of money, in my opinion. Can't even
say it in the same sentence as the "big three". Biotin isn't even a "top five".

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For myself, no. However, that's not true if I go too high. When I go two milligrams
or higher, than they kick in. On one milligram, I can handle that.

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can someone tell me how much Biotine dosage (5000mcg, 10,000mcg or less) should one be taking every day?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can someone tell me how much Biotine dosage (5000mcg, 10,000mcg or less) should one be taking every day?

Zero. It won't help hair. There's really no evidence it does. Sorry, but it's true.

Personally don't think you should waste your money. There are better treatments out there.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it makes hair grow faster

so if you are starting treatments it won't improve your response to treatments but you MIGHT see turnover quicker.

my hair grows crazy long and fast on biotin.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 5000 a day--my doctor said i can go up to 10,000 but i don't find it necessary...my hair grows fast but does not improve hair loss.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! that helps...

be wary of high dosing if you have acne or are prone...some of the other guys have mentioned this on high dose of biotin.

I'm 45 so if it's causing oil production fro me it's not a bad thing.

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
be wary of high dosing if you have acne or are prone...some of the other guys have mentioned this on high dose of biotin.

I'm 45 so if it's causing oil production fro me it's not a bad thing.
Thanks for the heads up... I'll probably start with 5000 a day... I am in my early 40's and have very bad hair loss...so want to try everything possible as its my best shot... keeping my fingers crossed.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking 5000 mcgs. I can safely say that it has not made my hairloss worse, but I cannot say conclusively that it has made my hair any better.

I have noticed I seem to be shedding a little less in the shower though. I figure whatever doesnt shed stays on my head adding somewhat to density over many months. Im only 2 months in, so again, too early to tell. Im still in the experiment phase and will keep it up.

I am using this in conjunction with other things, I dont believe this on its own would have any noticeable impact, but could add a small cumulative impact to other treatments.

As it is known to make your hair grow faster, I would say that it could potentially assist you with seeing the results of using the big 3 faster.

Rmrthy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking 5000 mcgs. I can safely say that it has not made my hairloss worse, but I cannot say conclusively that it has made my hair any better.

I have noticed I seem to be shedding a little less in the shower though. I figure whatever doesnt shed stays on my head adding somewhat to density over many months. Im only 2 months in, so again, too early to tell. Im still in the experiment phase and will keep it up.

I am using this in conjunction with other things, I dont believe this on its own would have any noticeable impact, but could add a small cumulative impact to other treatments.

As it is known to make your hair grow faster, I would say that it could potentially assist you with seeing the results of using the big 3 faster.
Thanks. I am into 1 week with BIG 3 and just debating to add Biotin also now or wait for sometime?