Started Noticing Worsening Tinnitus After Starting 5% Minoxidil X2 Daily

vish

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started using Kirkland Liquid Min 5% twice daily for the past three weeks and have noticed tinnitus in my ears. Starting the min is the only thing that has changed recently so I'm leaning towards that being the culprit. I have read posts here and other places saying other's have noticed tinnitus as a side of using min as well but I haven't really found anything about if people continued using it, did it get worse or did it eventually fade as your body got used to it? I'm going to a derm next week but not sure if I want to continue using it for that week or just stop now and wait till I talk to the Doctor.

el_duterino

Reaction score
depends on what is your original tinnitus cause
minoxidil affects blood pressure

mackr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone tell me more about tinnitus? As I know it's hard to notice when hearing worsen. When it's time to consult a Doctor?

Yarkira

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. I started suffering from tinnitus after taking Minoxidil. At first, I thought it would pass, but it became unbearable and I experienced ear ringing 24/7, couldn't sleep, etc. And I read that severe tinnitus can impact hearing. So, I addressed a staten island audiological center, was examined there and recommended going through tonal treatment. Of course, I stopped taking Minoxidil. Fortunately, I felt relief in a few days.

Last edited:

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started with oral minoxidil 7 months ago, before I had a slight intermittent tinnitus before taking it, after this time I have not noticed any variation, not more not less, not increase in frequency... in case it helps someone