Started Micro Dosing finasteride Today, Tracking Results

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk. There a few factors im not sure off. Id guess about the same as the tablets, two years, under proper storage. (Out of direct sunlight, under 80 f)

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Liquid Finasteride reduces more DHT in the scalp.

Lots of studies confirm when combined Finasteride with Min, gives best results.

I guess but topical finasteride goes systemic anyway. Can you post one of those studies.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here it is. It was six percent more DHT reduction (not a big difference). Keep in mind, it's like 2.5 milligrams,
topically (solid) I believe.

.1% is usually equal to 1mg solid.

Here's the link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25074865/
Good study but confusing

"CONCLUSIONS: A strong and similar inhibition of plasma DHT was found after 1 week of treatment with the topical and tablet finasteride ormulations, albeit finasteride plasma exposure was significantly lower with the topical than with the oral product (p < 0.0001)."

Plasma dht is resuced about the same but finasteride plasma exposure was lower?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good study but confusing

"CONCLUSIONS: A strong and similar inhibition of plasma DHT was found after 1 week of treatment with the topical and tablet finasteride ormulations, albeit finasteride plasma exposure was significantly lower with the topical than with the oral product (p < 0.0001)."

Plasma dht is resuced about the same but finasteride plasma exposure was lower?

It's about the same has oral Finasteride. But liquid actually gets rid of six percent more.

So, they're equal, in that respect.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The side effects of topical are probably the same.

When they studied topical Finasteride, equivalent to one milligram, five of the fourty five men
dropped out of the study.

So, it's probably no different than topical, as far as that is concerned.

I'm not sure how they lock it in the scalp though. Maybe it is better?

Does anybody know?

Last edited:

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that i understand but how both effect dht in blood but have different effect if plasma goes over my head. Guess thats a question for someone in the field.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody knows how long the dissolved finasteride lasts? Can you keep it out of the fridge? For how long until it looses its efficacy?

Thank you.

Yo I tried this method for a while and although I've heard that alcohol will preserve the finasteride, I decided on a different method. Thought I would share. I'll cut a 1mg tablet into quarters (.25 each) with an exacto blade, and then I'll cut each quarter into fifths (I know what you're thinking, that can't be very precise). I do eyeball it and it's not exact, but thing is finasteride has a very flat response curve. So small fluctuations can't make a huge difference. I then put the pieces (generally some powder too from trying to get the amounts even) into gel capsules like these: https://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Ge...=1483118773&sr=1-3&keywords=gel+capsules&th=1 .

This lets me make pills for as long in advance as I want! Personally I'm microdosing in order to wean off of finasteride, since it gives me sides.

Reactions: Alk

br1

Reaction score
Yo I tried this method for a while and although I've heard that alcohol will preserve the finasteride, I decided on a different method. Thought I would share. I'll cut a 1mg tablet into quarters (.25 each) with an exacto blade, and then I'll cut each quarter into fifths (I know what you're thinking, that can't be very precise). I do eyeball it and it's not exact, but thing is finasteride has a very flat response curve. So small fluctuations can't make a huge difference. I then put the pieces (generally some powder too from trying to get the amounts even) into gel capsules like these: https://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Gel-Capsules-Count/dp/B000MGWIFC/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483118773&sr=1-3&keywords=gel+capsules&th=1 .

This lets me make pills for as long in advance as I want! Personally I'm microdosing in order to wean off of finasteride, since it gives me sides.

Interesting.. Thanks for sharing.
This led me to think I could weight 1 proscar pill (using one of those sensitive scales: https://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Weigh-B...?ie=UTF8&qid=1483134328&sr=8-3&keywords=scale), and the ground some pills (say 20) and then calculate how much finasteride I want to put on each capsule.. :)

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting.. Thanks for sharing.
This led me to think I could weight 1 proscar pill (using one of those sensitive scales: https://www.amazon.ca/Smart-Weigh-B...?ie=UTF8&qid=1483134328&sr=8-3&keywords=scale), and the ground some pills (say 20) and then calculate how much finasteride I want to put on each capsule.. :)

You can do either, grind up the pill and weight it with a jewelry scale that measures to the .001, then use the capsules.... or you can grind it and put it in 90% alcohol. But im pretty sure weight and ml of finasteride are not the same so you need to do some math. If you cut one pill thou you wont be able to get a really small dose without weighting it or putting in a solution, if thats what your shooting for.

http://www.abcam.com/Finasteride-ab141277.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6502.PNG
    IMG_6502.PNG
    310.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update:

beginning of jan i had signs of gyno, reduced my dose to .05 before going on letro and arimidex. The symptoms subsided. Im now back at .2 mg per day.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
@Alk, I'm very interested in maintaining a .05mg/day dosing schedule. I wanted to know if you've noticed anything with your hair. I know it's still pretty early to see anything like regrowth, but have you noticed less shedding or even decreased itch?

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah im shedding right now but my dose is getting close to .2 now

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point im at 1mg no longer microdosing but microing helped with gyno flare that happened twice and has since stopped from lowering dose and then returning. Still shedding

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great updates I like the micro dosing idea, have you noticed any other sides??

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update, still shedding, cant tell if finasteride has improved anything. I added minoxidil last month though and ive went from a nw2 to nw2 with small hairs up too nw1 where i was about five years ago. Seems promising and no minoxidil sides yet, im obviously a responder to min. I still shed small minaturized hairs throughout my head so either im diffusing more or finasteride is regrowing.