Started Micro Dosing finasteride Today, Tracking Results

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you believe we will see people with excellent hair retention after doing finn microdosing for 5 or 10 years? Even on 5mg, anyone with full hair after 10 years? If the scalp inhibition is so good why do people keep thinning, could it be that scalp inhibition is not enough... if it was enough we would all be hairy as a Shi-Tzu, instead we all head on the fast track to looking like a Chinese Crested. Obviously the success chances on finn microdosing is that of an icecube getting a tan on the beach.

If 60 percent inhibition of DHT is good enough then that's the bottom line and you get that at either 0.05 or 1.00 mg. If people need more than they should consider dutasteride. Higher doses of finasteride are measured to be irrelevant.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This shows imapct on scalp dht as low as .001 mg of finasteride
And you have a wide selection of before and after photos to go with that? Can i just chose my new hairstyle already with hair as thick as Elvis? I responded very well to low dose finn but it was too little, like most others i need more reduction, scalp inhibition is not enough, lotsa people talking about inhibition graps but where are the RESULT graps?

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If 60 percent inhibition of DHT is good enough then that's the bottom line and you get that at either 0.05 or 1.00 mg. If people need more than they should consider dutasteride. Higher doses of finasteride are measured to be irrelevant.
so are there good results on 60%? I seen slowing of hairloss but none with full retention or substantial regrowth. I still doubt that scalp inhibition is enough, of course its a joke when i said we should have hair like elvis already but my point is that results are missing from these data, inhibition numbers are impressive but dont translate well into reality results.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
so are there good results on 60%? I seen slowing of hairloss but none with full retention or substantial regrowth. I still doubt that scalp inhibition is enough, of course its a joke when i said we should have hair like elvis already but my point is that results are missing from these data, inhibition numbers are impressive but dont translate well into reality results.

The clinical experiment on finasteride was made before they knew about the inhibition curve.

For the Japanese trials they knew and tested 0.20 mg per day. That worked nearly as well, gave you around 95 per cent of the regrowth si within the error.

Reactions: Alk

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the Japanese trials they knew
Thank you, thats interesting but theres no denying that there is big differences in hormone levels across regions, estrogen levels in men been on the rise in the west but its been going on a lot longer in parts of asia, for example the birthrate of baby boys has just recently dipped to 50% in some white poulation due to estrogen increase but in Philippines it was at only 40% long ago already. I have a few Asian friends with male pattern baldness and its like they have a different type of male pattern baldness with a later onset and slower thinning. The inhibition level may be the same but i doubt the results will be the same as in a north european. The only asians i met with european type male pattern baldness turned out to have an american grandfather, that explained a lot of other non-asian things about them too. Sorry about all my doubts, i will shut up and eat my Avodart already and not interfere so much with others use, i think i already explained my own limited success with finn by now =)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, thats interesting but theres no denying that there is big differences in hormone levels across regions, estrogen levels in men been on the rise in the west but its been going on a lot longer in parts of asia, for example the birthrate of baby boys has just recently dipped to 50% in some white poulation due to estrogen increase but in Philippines it was at only 40% long ago already. I have a few Asian friends with male pattern baldness and its like they have a different type of male pattern baldness with a later onset and slower thinning. The inhibition level may be the same but i doubt the results will be the same as in a north european. The only asians i met with european type male pattern baldness turned out to have an american grandfather, that explained a lot of other non-asian things about them too. Sorry about all my doubts, i will shut up and eat my Avodart already and not interfere so much with others use, i think i already explained my own limited success with finn by now =)

If it's hormone levels in the blood and the scalp that worry you, then 1.00 mg/day is measured to yield the same hormonal adjustments as 0.20 mg/day.0.05 mg/day yields slightly different hormonal adjustments, I'm not sure where the flatlining point is between 0.05 and 0.20 mg/day but I suspect it's less than 0.10 mg/day. If the hormonal adjustments are the same, then the evolution of hair should be the same, as long as you believe that hair responds to hormones.

Finasteride is measured to work for most people. If it didn't work for you personally, I think the likeliest explanation is that your hair loss is more aggressive. My condolences for your situation.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As david said there are results in the japanese studies. Also its know that Asian decent have a better response to 5 ar inhibitors for whatever reason. On another note i ment 0.01 not .001 but i havnt had time to edit on a computer.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great thread and good luck with this, i have always been tempted to try 0.025mg of propecia by dissolving a 1mg tablet in a 40ml miniature of the strongest vodka i can find here in the UK and taking 1ml every 3 days or even just once a week (probably a bit too cautious!). Keep us updated! Have you ever had any bloodwork done measuring your pre propecia dht levels?

No I didnt get blood work, im just going to roll with it and see if i get results without sides. Ill keep everyone updated

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not going for blood tests. Its tottaly useless. Just dont play Dumb and go .25 or .5.

disolving 5 proscar tablets in 60ml of alcohol and pg is just less than funny and more than stupid.

Yeah i know PG is not drink-able. Just wrote it for rule lol

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not going for blood tests. Its tottaly useless. Just dont play Dumb and go .25 or .5.

disolving 5 proscar tablets in 60ml of alcohol and pg is just less than funny and more than stupid.

Yeah i know PG is not drink-able. Just wrote it for rule lol

Its not useless at all. Whats the difference in taking a 1mg propecia tablet and not getting a test. I have a old test but its unessesary because some people have already low dht then reduce dht more and still have no results when it comes to their hair and still lose ground. The only thing that matters is if i see results. there's already a thread here that shows dht serum has reduced with a dose of .06 mg plus the published papers. I think ill be fine thanks

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, gl then.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im up to .04 ml/mg monday, wednesday, friday, starting yesterday

edst

Reaction score
@Alk any news on the micro-dosing 0,01mg and 0,05mg would be interested to know, and how you take it orally or topical ?

Thanks,

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Alk any news on the micro-dosing 0,01mg and 0,05mg would be interested to know, and how you take it orally or topical ?

Thanks,
I take it orally, see the fist post for details. I feel like im shedding more but who knows if its weather or finasteride, it getting much colder where i am.

Ive increased from .01 to .04 gradually, im up to .042 ml now. I cant tell if its helping yet, its too early to tell and ill be increasing gradually to .06 as i get closer to the end of december. No sides so far with this small dose

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
But that's aside from finasteride microdosing, which is being pursued by an actual company called polichem. When you lower the dose far enough, to ~0.03 mg/day, you get DHT inhibition in the scalp but not in the serum. .

Are you just referring to their topical, P-3074? In any event, I think this should be explored more. It seems silly to take 1 mg of something which causes similar DHT inhibition to when you take 0.02mg.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Im up to .2 mg. Increased shedding the last week.

Hello, why are doing this, because of the side effects or do you want to know, if it has the same effect (DHT inhibition) as 1 mg.

br1

Reaction score
Does anybody knows how long the dissolved finasteride lasts? Can you keep it out of the fridge? For how long until it looses its efficacy?

Thank you.