Started Finasteride Yesterday After 6 Years Of Hair Loss

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
And you are sure you have maitained ? that is a sucess .
A lot of people wish to maitain .

K

karankaran

And you are sure you have maitained ? that is a sucess .
A lot of people wish to maitain .

Yeah, I have maintained. and yeah i started pretty late. I do not like my bald crown.:( Before finasteride, my bathroom and bed sheets were covered in hair. Now, the situation is different.

may be I should get a hair transplant. But my male pattern baldness is so slow that it would look funny if my crown is covered with hair and the rest is not. and my crown is not completely empty yet so that too!.... but i am finding it very hard to live with a bald crown.

K

karankaran

I know what to do - I just bought 3 month of 5% minoxidil supply. Will arrive around 20th April. I will start applying minoxidil.

I waited 6 years to start finasteride. I do not want to keep postponing minoxidil. If the hair grows on my forehead, I will shave my forehead.

K

karankaran

Attaching pictures at 11 month Mark -
IMG_2218.JPG
IMG_2219.JPG
IMG_2220.JPG

My regimen changed 5 days back - I added 5% minoxidil once a day but I hardly think it will have an impact already in 5 DAYS.

As one can see, I think nothing has changed in the last 11 months. But if any of you think it has gotten worse, please let me know.

K

karankaran

In addition to the above post, I took the pic I posted 11 months back and a pic I took today and did a side by side comparison. This sh*t is depressing. I hope minoxidil helps in regrowth or something. Or else I need to go for a hair transplant.

11 month (left) vs today (right)
rsz_1rsz_1imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-gi4bk8t7wzmd.jpg

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP I can feel your pain I'm in the exact same position as you, my hairline is perfectly in tact yet my vertex is slick bald. I've been on finasteride for 8 months and I've seen small improvement, from slick bald crown to a couple hairs up there. I just added minoxidil a month ago so we'll see. Don't think I'll see anymore regrowth from finasteride. Looks like it's hair transplant or bust for you and I.

K

karankaran

OP I can feel your pain I'm in the exact same position as you, my hairline is perfectly in tact yet my vertex is slick bald. I've been on finasteride for 8 months and I've seen small improvement, from slick bald crown to a couple hairs up there. I just added minoxidil a month ago so we'll see. Don't think I'll see anymore regrowth from finasteride. Looks like it's hair transplant or bust for you and I.

I also added minoxidil a month ago - have been shedding a lot recently... i am giving minoxidil some months...i gave finasteride 11 months and no regrowth...i continue to be on finasteride...if minoxidil does not work, i am planning to get a hair transplant this winter...

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you didn't go bald in one year so be patient. Finasteride can kick in after 2 years or more.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its easier to just get a hair transplant around the crown at this point and just maintain with finasteride. Consider yourself lucky that your balding only at the crown, i'm a diffuse thinner and it's f*****g hell.

K

karankaran

I completed 1 year on finasteride today.....

I have been on minoxidil for little more than a month....

I understand that it takes time to see the results. I will continue to be on finasteride + minoxidil and hopefully, will have some update in September (by then I would have been 15+ months on finasteride and 4 months on minoxidil).

As of now, there has been no change in my situation - But have not lost ground since last year.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

I understand that it takes time to see the results. I will continue to be on finasteride + minoxidil and hopefully, will have some update in September (by then I would have been 15+ months on finasteride and 4 months on minoxidil).

As of now, there has been no change in my situation - But have not lost ground since last year.

Dude you and I started finasteride at almost exactly the same time

I started it May 18, 2016

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score

If it means anything to you, I see thickening. Like others have said, sometimes "success" is NOT losing more hair, and in your case thickening.
Try concealers, or transplant. But at least you are not "Hyper bald"...