Started Finasteride Yesterday After 6 Years Of Hair Loss

K

karankaran

Started finasteride from yesterday after 6 years of hair loss (pics)

Hi,

I started losing hair at 23. I finally took the leap and started finasteride from yesterday. I have a huge bald spot. I wish that I would have started finasteride earlier because I have been a member here for 3 years now and I should have known better. I started dosing on supplements such as black tea extract, soy, etc. and I am not sure how much it helped but taking one small pill every day without worrying about its bio-availability is a lot easier. Also, it helps that finasteride is clinically proven to help with male pattern baldness.

I am going to take only finasteride from now. I am on Finpecia but I hope to get a proper prescription soon.

I hope to stick to finasteride and update this thread as i get some positive results.

The pictures are attached. It has been only 2 days on finasteride and I am so impatient. I am touching my scalp often to see if I am growing new hair. I know that this is stupid - If finasteride would work in my case, it would take months to show results. I just hope that I get good results.

Attachments

• IMG_7961.JPG
    IMG_7961.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 1,545
  • IMG_7962.JPG
    IMG_7962.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 1,857
  • IMG_7983.JPG
    IMG_7983.JPG
    479.9 KB · Views: 1,669

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky your only losing on the crown. Should throw in minoxidil as well. Good luck.

K

karankaran

Thank you guys. I thought I will update this thread after I got a haircut. I think that these pictures would serve as a better baseline than the initial.

Attachments

• IMG_8489.JPG
    IMG_8489.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 1,643
  • IMG_8490.JPG
    IMG_8490.JPG
    313.5 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_8492.JPG
    IMG_8492.JPG
    303.7 KB · Views: 946
K

karankaran

Update: Still on finasteride. I have been noticing a lot of hair falling out in the last few days. Most of them are very small. I have heard that hair goes through cycles and it takes many cycles to see results. I will post pics after one month is over - 19th June.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karankaran

One month update. Here are the pictures:

IMG_8812.JPG IMG_8814.JPG IMG_8829.JPG

I am shedding a lot more. Baby hairs in the sink, in the tub, on laptop - everywhere. I do not expect any change in one month. But this thread is telling a story and I thought of posting regular updates. Monthly pictures.

K

karankaran

I will post my 2 month update on 19th/20th...

I have noticed a few things: I might be biased to want a positive outcome but I think that the finasteride is helping. I am still not sure though. I feel that I need to add minoxidil as suggested. I think that I can make an assessment on the situation only at the end of a 3 month period (19th/20th August).

I feel that I go through small monthly periods of shed... The hair that fall out are very short in length... My urge to jerk off has gone down...

I am just noting my observations here.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate, I hope you have started using a minoxidil product. :) It will surely help you as well. Just be patient, minoxidil and finasteride will work, but they require 12-18 months at least. Trust me I am impatient as hell too, knowing that I am doing everything I can to cease my hairloss going any further.

Last edited:
K

karankaran

Mate, I hope you have started using a minoxidil product. :) I will surely help you as well. Just be patient, minoxidil and finasteride will work, but they require 12-18 months at least. Trust me I am impatient as hell too, knowing that I am doing everything I can to cease my hairloss going any further.

Thanks.

Yeah, I am thinking of adding minoxidil. I think that I should have started finasteride 3 years back. I know that this will take some time but it is hard to be patient.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yeah, I am thinking of adding minoxidil. I think that I should have started finasteride 3 years back. I know that this will take some time but it is hard to be patient.

Trust me mate, there are millions of guys saying "I should've have started earlier". It is what it is, I reckon I also should've started about 12-18 months back. :D

K

karankaran

Here are the pictures at the end of 2 months:

IMG_9566.JPG IMG_9568.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karankaran

Sorry that I stopped updating this. I am continuing finasteride.

I have been taking finasteride for almost 4.5 months now. I was thinking that may be my crown will start filling to a degree where my bald spot is no longer visible. While I see more hair on my bald spot, I do not think that there has been significant change. I will keep on finasteride - it costs me just 38$ every month. So, I will keep on taking it. Hopefully, by the end of December, I will have some positive pictures to share.

I do not want to add minoxidil. I bought it and after a week of use, I experienced hair growth on my forehead! I will stick to only finasteride and see how it goes.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You really need to add some form of growth factor to your regime to see the best possible results, right now you are just blocking the DHT

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil minoxidil minoxidil.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I have never seen anyone with such an intact hairline with that degree of hairloss on the crown.
If you are growing hairs on your forehead from minoxidil I would assume you are a strong responder to it then. Consider yourself lucky; definitely use it on your crown area.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experience hypertrichosis from minoxidil too.

Wax solved the problem.

K

karankaran

WARNING

RANT AHEAD:

I was about to report on this thread... on 21st May, 2017 (a year after I started this thread).

But f*** it...here is an update...

AFTER 325 DAYS ON finasteride, THERE HAS BEEN NO IMPROVEMENT IN MY SITUATION. I WAS BALD AND I AM STILL BALD. THE CROWN HAS NOT FILLED IN EVEN A LITTLE. THE PICTURES YOU SEE ABOVE - MY CROWN STILL LOOKS THE SAME.

I WILL continue to be on finasteride. But I thought that I would not need minoxidil - I can just pop a pill every morning because I saw pictures of people getting on finasteride and getting their whole crown back. I thought - at least there will be a 5% improvement in my situation from finasteride - But No...How can I not even get a 5% improvement! My scalp LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME as it did more than 10 months back.

When I started finasteride, 'Wait 3 months , you will see some regrowth'
At the end of 3 months - 'May be it is 6 months'
At the end of 6 months - '9 months seem reasonable'
At the end of 9 months - 'A year seems like a sure bet'

And I am just almost 40 days short of completing a year on finasteride and what do I see - No change whatsoever. and Yes, I get the real deal - I go to Walgreens every month and get my prescription filled..and my current prescription is till March 2018.

Why are my genetics so FUCKED ! SO f*****g FUCKED that finasteride has the same effect on me as taking a 1 mg sugar pill every day! I am so depressed - if getting fucked in every possible way in my life was not enough, I had to undergo one more disappointment - I thought I would have some improvement in my crown situation by the summer of 2017... I waited long enough... this is not me saying all this a month after taking finasteride... it has been more than 300 days!

Yeah, I know I need minoxidil - Last time, I started it and in a span of few days, I grew hair between my eyebrows and my hairline.
hypertrichosis of the face
and they are still there.

I am just so defeated. :(
My hair matters to me a lot. I started losing it at 23 and I have always felt super conscious about it. I have always been told 'Ah you are so young and you lost your hair'.

Anyways, I am not going to update this thread. I will continue to be on finasteride. I am thinking of adding a growth stimulant and what else is there other than minoxidil. I created this thread to track the progress but it has reminded me about my condition and how my crown has not budged even a little in the last 10-11 months.