Started Dutasteride 11/5/18 - Pictures & Updates

melky1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@washed_up it's true -- I've been really lucky and haven't experienced any loss on the crown. I've always had a widow's peak and have been extremely self conscious about it. That's probably why I started messing with minoxidil all around the hairline, which I am now regretting.

@maxou we're in a very similar boat. I've continued taking finasteride every day because I'm a little bit weary of the online duta Rx. I only have to refill the finasteride a couple times a year and it's so cheap. I figured, why not?

Also, I'm 33 as well. Onwards towards 34 with plenty of hair!

melky1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. Things still not good. Month 4+ of noticeably losing 100s of hairs per day. Shower-time and post-shower-time are the absolute worst. Losing so much.

Crown is okay. Still seems to be the front/top where I was applying minoxidil.

Still doing dutas 4x week and finasteride every day. Will try and stay hopeful.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. Things still not good. Month 4+ of noticeably losing 100s of hairs per day. Shower-time and post-shower-time are the absolute worst. Losing so much.

Crown is okay. Still seems to be the front/top where I was applying minoxidil.

Still doing dutas 4x week and finasteride every day. Will try and stay hopeful.

Idiot keeps switching up his routine inconsistent medicating will give you inconsistent results you get what you put in.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there!

I’m 22 years old, and i have hairloss from18.5.

I use minoxidil for3.5 years and that was amazing, but it lost effects after3 years,

Then i start finastride1mg and i’m six month on finastride,

But i didn’t annny improvement in my hairloss,and mabe finastride doesn’t work for Me. I don’t know what should i do? Still wait???

My hairs is as important as whole my life,

What commendation do you give to me?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there!

I’m 22 years old, and i have hairloss from18.5.

I use minoxidil for3.5 years and that was amazing, but it lost effects after3 years,

Then i start finastride1mg and i’m six month on finastride,

But i didn’t annny improvement in my hairloss,and mabe finastride doesn’t work for Me. I don’t know what should i do? Still wait???

My hairs is as important as whole my life,

What commendation do you give to me?
Wait longer bro. I am 23 and started finasteride 8 months ago and only the last month my shedding has dramatically reduced to 10 hairs per shower from 70-80.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks alot it made me hopeful
Yes it is important to give it more time. If you still haven't noticed any results after a year, that would mean it probably isn't strong enough to halt your hair loss and you could then consider switching to dutasteride.

melky1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idiot keeps switching up his routine inconsistent medicating will give you inconsistent results you get what you put in.

@real kombo I have been consistent and I’m not an idiot. I’ve been on finasteride for almost 12 years. Every day for 12 years.

I have taken dutasteride for almost a year. 3x a week for the first 3 months, 4x a week since then. Not planning on stopping in spite of this massive shed.

I gave minoxidil a chance for 18 months before calling it quits. It did nothing other than sync my growth cycle and make my head itch. I lost on it. This shed sucks but minoxidil wasn’t helping.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@real kombo I have been consistent and I’m not an idiot. I’ve been on finasteride for almost 12 years. Every day for 12 years.

I have taken dutasteride for almost a year. 3x a week for the first 3 months, 4x a week since then. Not planning on stopping in spite of this massive shed.

I gave minoxidil a chance for 18 months before calling it quits. It did nothing other than sync my growth cycle and make my head itch. I lost on it. This shed sucks but minoxidil wasn’t helping.

Keep updated for dutasteride results.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Its been 10 months on dutasteride?

melky1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5D12CE9B-30C0-4F79-9E0E-BEFCA85A472D.jpeg

This is result of light grooming (drying/gentle combing with hand/comb) post-shower. Probably lost three times as much during shower.