Started Dutasterid Today (ran Fina Before)

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait isnt Nolvadex better to fight gyno?Nice results tho.

Slotback67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here ya go. Sorry for the late update. I waited until I got a haircut before taking new pictures.

6 months plus a few weeks update:

I recently bought a new phone with 40 megapixels, only so I can get the best money shots of my hairline and keep you guys satisfied. The pictures is without mirror-effect now, so keep that in mind.

I'm still on the same regimen as usual: Dutasteride 0.5mg every day (real Avodart, from pharmacy), minoxidil 5% twice daily, ketokonazole 2% once a week and about 0.5-1mg anastrozole/arimidex per week (I just take a small bite of the tablets now and then).

Sadly, it doesn't seem like I have any major positive progress, but it seem like I have a tiny bit of increased hair density in the back of the temples (look at my left temple with the bigger mole). It seem like the frontal hairline is actually more dense than the hair at the top and around the vertex now. I suspect that this may be a positive result from the minoxidil. However, the hairline looks the same..

I mentioned blood tests earlier in this thread, where I had a bit high hematocrit and hemoglobin. I took a new blood test today, since the doctor wanted to see if the values are still high. I suspect they still are, and I also suspect that it may be because of the combination dutasteride + arimidex.

I suspect that my testosterone levels are a bit high, which causes increased erythropoiesis (creation of new red blood cells). This might be bad, since it increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. The chances of that is probably low, since I'm only 25 and my heart is perfectly healthy (tested with EKG). I recently started weight lifting after a period of low volume training and fat loss. It seems like I'm gaining strength pretty fast, almost faster than ever - I can easily increase the weights in every exercise every week, but maybe this is just newbie gains.

No sexual side effects so far. I can easily masturbate up to 5 times a day if I want, lol. I don't notice any particulary watery semen, but I sometimes have a tingling feeling in my ballsack. Not in a bad way. It actually feels good in some way. I suspect it may be the now and then surges of LH/FSH going from the brain to the testicles, promoting production of sex steroids.

Pictures taken today:

View attachment 130371 View attachment 130372 View attachment 130373 View attachment 130374 View attachment 130376 View attachment 130377 View attachment 130378
Hey dude thanks for updates. Question: how, if any, have your sheds gone? I’m month 4 dutasteride and been shedding a decent amount. Did you have any shed, when/ how long did it last?

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait isnt Nolvadex better to fight gyno?Nice results tho.

You should only use Nolvadex for emergency. It's better at fighting gyno fast, but it has much worse side effects if used for longer periods. You block the estrogen with Nolvadex. Arimidex just lowers it. The thing with AI in males is that it does not crash your estrogen to zero, cause some estrogen in males is biosynthesized in the testicles and not through the aromatase enzyme. It is speculated that it might be the reason why there is no reported osteoporisis in males taking Arimidex.

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude thanks for updates. Question: how, if any, have your sheds gone? I’m month 4 dutasteride and been shedding a decent amount. Did you have any shed, when/ how long did it last?

I think I had a minor shed for about 4 months. It settled down slowly after that.

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 9 months now in a couple of weeks. I need to find the doctor again so he can prescribe me more dutasteride.
I am also soon out of Arimidex, so I definetely need to get that if I don't want growing titties for christmas.

I am thinking about starting MK-677, a growth hormone releasing agent. Growth hormone may supposedly have a positive impact on skin and hair, so I am pretty curious about it. It may increase the rate of how fast hair grows, so I might expect faster results. Also thinking about getting some GW-501516. Doesn't have any positive impact for hair from what I have read, but it may increase endurance pretty significantly.

I recently found a new source of anti estrogens, and I am not sure if I should go for some raloxifene or if I should go for more arimidex. It feels like arimidex is just enough to keep the estrogenic side effects away, but lowering androgens and estrogen seem to be not as efficient as lowering androgens and blocking unwanted estrogen (the alpha estrogen). Lowering androgens makes it easier for estrogen to attack the receptors in the chest area. Raloxifene blocks estrogen, but mostly the unwanted, and boosts the estrogen you want somewhat. The downside is the short half-life of ~30 hours...

In short, my mission is the push the androgenic to anabolic ratio towards anabolic by reducing DHT as much as possible. Replacing testosterone by something that is even more anabolic than androgenic would probably be a good addition, but chances of long term damage to the endocrine system is there. I also need to keep the estrogenic side effects at bay, since the androgenic part of androgens is the main defense against estrogen in tissues such as the chest. Growth hormone does not have androgenic or estrogenic side effects, and may increase hair growth. Minoxidil increases hair growth (?) and promotes hair density.

Last edited:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just FYI using an aromatase inhibitor will only damage ur hair. For years I used cycles of steroids and nothing and I mean nothing destroyed hair like aroma gas inhibitors did.

VigantolX

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, any update? I have the same problem with elevated estradiol while on dutasteride... about to start Anastrozole 0.5mg 2x a week.