SSM23's Story

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
I am currently 23 and had been losing my hair since i was 20.
I have always buzzed my head short so never really noticed how bad the hairloss was.
When i tried to grow it back last year, i realised it was growing quicker on the back and sides (horseshoe arghhhhh!!). No matter how long i let the top grow for, it never got any longer. I started to get depressed and lost alot of my confidence. A year went by and and my hair loss got rapidly worse, people had started to comment that i was going bald (GREAT!).
I decided i had to do something about it.

I went on the BIG 3 at the start of JAN 05.

-Within a week i noticed that my hair was falling out less, my scalp also felt less itchy and greasy.
-By the end of the the first month I was confident that my hairloss had stopped(Yippee!)
-At the end of month 2 (Feb) i had not noticed much improvement in hair growth, but overall scalp condition felt better.
-During month 3 i noticed i could feel short spiky hairs between the thin limp hair that i still had. Hair seemed to be thickening up.
-All of a sudden in month 4 it seemed like i had a HUGE improvement. Hair had regrown and thickened up noticably. Everytime i saw my friends they would ask "are you growing your hair?" and "Your hair looks thicker"
-Just started month 5(May) and the first comment i got from someone i haven't seen for a while was "are you growing you hair?".

Things are going great and the horseshoe pattern is no longer noticable and i feel 100% more confident.

The only change in my regime is that i have dropped minoxidil to only once a day because of convenience.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very happy for you bro. Its really nice to hear such story.

And yea f*** male pattern baldness

snake20

Reaction score
Nice!

male pattern baldness can kiss my ***!! It is no longer welcome in my hair!

Whew!! I have excorcised the demons.....feels good.

Keep on keepin' on!

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
I am now 25 1/2 and stopped all treatments because of sides (finasteride-gyno), i am now bald again and have to shave my head every other day otherwise you can see the horseshoe.

I am thinking bout starting minoxidil foam to try and improve things.

"When will the cure come?"

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why don't you try generic dutasteride or very reduced finasteride 0.25mg? You need something to keep the DHT away with little sides. Sounds like you responded well on it..maybe too well with those sides.