Spray On Concealer Or Hair Fibres Advice

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using concealers to thicken up my crown for nights out and other social events for about a year or too: my crown regrowth has reached a level where im happy with it monday-friday, i just like the extra coverage for going out. My regrowth can be seen in my thread under 'tell your story' for reference(not sure how to hyperlink thread on my ipad haha)

Anyway, ive been using a spray on concealer for the past year but recently have switched to fibers after runnijg out of spray. I liked the spray but it was quite messy(staining on pillows,etc). Switched to the fibers but they are quite awkward to apply solo; if my mum does it for me its ok lol. I use the mr jamie stevens range. My question is: what product would you recommend for my crown - a spray or fibers? Is one better than the other or is it really just down to oersonal preference?

Appreciate any replies and they will get a message back from me

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I only use fibres, but other than Jamie Stevens, what else have you tried? I have to say that Jamie Stevens' line of concealers were the worst ones I've ever used, and are in the bin, and I've used them all! His disguise spray is ridiculous. It's so hard and thick, that what hair you do have on your head gets ripped out by trying to comb in this awful product. Plus, I found his fibres the worst I've ever used as well. They just sit on the scalp and don't blend, plus they were almost orange and not medium brown. Awful colour match. You think most fibres are the same, but they're really not. Toppik is much better. Assume you're in the UK as you've bought his stuff. Can be found in most large Boots, or online.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for replying man, yeah I found it awkward to apply as it did kind of just sit on the scalp and didn't look/feel very authentic. I am from the UK so I will try toppik see if I prefer that also

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You'll get a better colour, and they don't just fall to the scalp and sit there. Don't know what's up with that Stevens stuff but it's not good.