Spironolactone

Jm0311

Reaction score
you have got to be kidding me. i checked all these freaking pages and NO ONE has even said if spironolactone CREAM IS WORKING FOR THEM OR THE EFFECTIVENESS OF IT. Dumb asses just keep on jumping from subject to subject within this thread. ANY REAL PEOPLE CARE TO COMMENT? ON THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH spironolactone? IF YOU HAVENT HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH IT! DONT FREAKIN COMMENT YET

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, don't tell us you've had success while on finasteride/dutasteride and spironolactone at the same time, because that doesn't really help. The whole point of asking is to know if spironolactone is effective at blocking DHT. If your on finasteride, then your results are already likely to be good.

beaner

Reaction score
The problem is guys, is that most people do not use spironolactone alone, but as part of a regimen. You are more than likely not going to find someone that can say with certaintly that spironolactone maintained or regrew any hair simply because the are also using finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil or whatever. I use spironolactone on the hairline and temples and although I believe it's helping, I can't be 100% certain of that. I could drop it today and still have the same results for all I know.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you have to remember that Topical spironolactone is not a popular thing to use. So it's talked about much less. Furthermore, consider that most who do use it and have success, dont frequent the forums. There were some folks on I think bodybuilder.com, or a site similar to that, who report success with spironolactone alone.

I'm using (for my temples only) -- spironolactone along with minoxidil and Nizoral. And I've definitely had success thus far and its only been 2-3 months. My only small gripe is that my right temple isn't filling in as fast as the left temple. But this makes sense somewhat since my right temple was thinning faster than the left temple. Anyhow, obviously, I would need to be on this regimen for a year, before I can say for sure that its also giving me maintenance as well. But I'm happy with the results thus far.

Finally, once again, you really just have to try treatments out for YOURSELF. What works for one, may not work for you. What doesn't work for you, may work for someone else. Jump on treatments, be patient, and see what kind of results you get.

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on finasteride/minoxidil for 12 months. I then added spironolactone. 9 Months later my hair was the same. I removed spironolactone. Still nothing has changed.

spironolactone = sh*t

IBM

Reaction score
messmorph said:
I was on finasteride/minoxidil for 12 months. I then added spironolactone. 9 Months later my hair was the same. I removed spironolactone. Still nothing has changed.

spironolactone = $#iT

Have you tried oral spironolactone?

messmorph

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
messmorph said:

spironolactone = $#iT

Have you tried oral spironolactone?

Sorry I am talking about 5% spironolactone cream. I have not tried oral spironolactone.

vovach777

Reaction score
spironolactone half-life is 80min. anyone understood what is means for topical usage? f*****g 80min!!! why no one say about it? sorry for my french.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vovach777 said:
spironolactone half-life is 80min. anyone understood what is means for topical usage? f****ing 80min!!! why no one say about it? sorry for my french.

1/2 life from when? After attaching to hair follicles or what?

G

beaner said:
The problem is guys, is that most people do not use spironolactone alone, but as part of a regimen. You are more than likely not going to find someone that can say with certaintly that spironolactone maintained or regrew any hair simply because the are also using finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil or whatever. I use spironolactone on the hairline and temples and although I believe it's helping, I can't be 100% certain of that. I could drop it today and still have the same results for all I know.

this is why people advise adding one thing at a time. you added CPs, spironolactone, and propecia, all in a 2 month span, according to your regimen. now you have no real way of knowing which products are doing what for you.

i'm giving avodart a full year before adding minoxidil, for example, because i want to be able to accurately determine which product is giving me what results.

beaner

Reaction score
JayMan said:
beaner said:

this is why people advise adding one thing at a time. you added CPs, spironolactone, and propecia, all in a 2 month span, according to your regimen. now you have no real way of knowing which products are doing what for you.

i'm giving avodart a full year before adding minoxidil, for example, because i want to be able to accurately determine which product is giving me what results.

I would say the only product that I'm not certain is helping is the spironolactone. The finasteride without a doubt is working wonders, and the CP's certainly improved my scalp....which is the reason I use them, not really counting on hair growth. The only reason I started spironolactone was my hesitancy to start finasteride at first. I decided to start finasteride anyway, and kept using the spironolactone simply because I had a bunch of it, but began to limit use to hairline. I'll admit I'm afraid to drop it completely, but I've been only using once a day recently and maybe will eventually phase out. I believe I read somwhere anyway, (maybe Dr Lee) that one could drop use of spironolactone to just a few times a week after a year or two of every day treatment. I'm not sure how true that statement is though.

Sean68

Reaction score
vovach777 said:
spironolactone half-life is 80min. anyone understood what is means for topical usage? f****ing 80min!!! why no one say about it? sorry for my french.

how do you know that?

johnrts

Reaction score
Topical spironolactone causes sides and back to of head to lose hair?

Can spironolactone cause your sides and back to thin out? Where dht cant do its

devastating effects....