Spironolactone Cream Is No Longer Working

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had tremendous success using Dr. Lee's spironolactone cream and S5 spironolactone cream from Genhair once Dr. Lee's company went under. However since switching to the spironolactone cream from Murray Avenue Apothecary and the "new" S5 cream, I've noticed that I am no longer responding to the treatment.

Could the length of time (~ 15 years) I've used spironolactone cream and/or my age (over 40) be the reasons why spironolactone cream is no longer working for me?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The new S5 cream seems to be pretty sh*t, I used the S5 and S5 plus cream from here and I kept on receding. I think the vehicle is ineffective, I would use an alternative like finasteride.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I mentioned above, the spironolactone cream from MAA didn't work nearly as well as that of Dr. Lee's. I don't doubt that the vehicle in the new S5 cream isn't effective I'm just wondering if there could be other reasons at play here.

I can't use finasteride as I am in the minority of users who do get sides from it. I might try a topical version though.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I mentioned above, the spironolactone cream from MAA didn't work nearly as well as that of Dr. Lee's. I don't doubt that the vehicle in the new S5 cream isn't effective I'm just wondering if there could be other reasons at play here.

I can't use finasteride as I am in the minority of users who do get sides from it. I might try a topical version though.
If it's not the vehicle that's crap then it's the ingredients, nothing else it could be.