Spectral DNC-S

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
I have never used their products before and reviews are mixed (some people claim regrowth/maintenance/etc).
This appears to be their newest offering, it's $55 for a 2 month supply so not terribly expensive if it actually works.
What are your thoughts about this product?

----------
Ion channels. Multiple ingredients open ion channels within scalp cells to enable the flow of proteins and enzymes for superior results.

Dihydrotestosterone. Key ingredients control DHT production to help keep follicles healthy and normal. Botanicals.Extensive use of botanical compounds, instead of chemicals such as minoxidil and finasteride, delivers hair-health benefits naturally.

Dual-chamber system. Separate chambers keep ion-channel openers and synergistic compounds stable until users combine them for maximum activity.

Spectral.DNC-S come for two month supply, 2 in 1.

INGREDIENTS SOLUTION 1: DEIONIZED WATER, PALMITOYL PINE BARK EXTRACT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ADENOSINE, BIOFLAVONOID COMPLEX (PINE BARK EXTRACT, SERENOA SERRULATA EXTRACT, CAMELIA SINENSIS EXTRACT, ZEA MAYS (CORN) GLUTEN PROTEIN, SALIX ALBA BARK EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, CAPSICUM, THYMUS VULGARIS (THYM) EXTRACT, GINSENG EXTRACT), PYRROLIDINYL DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE OXIDE, DIAMINOPYRIMIDINE OXIDE, ACETYLSALICYLIC ACID, ETHYLBISIMINOMETHYLGUAIACOL MANGANESE CHLORIDE (EUK-134), RETINOL, MALUS DOMESTICA FRUIT CELL CULTURE EXTRACT (STEM CELLS), AZELAIC ACID, CALCIUM PANTHOTHENATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, PHOSPHOLIPIDS (NANOSOMES), BIOTINOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1, MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17, OCTAPEPTIDE-2, ARGAN OIL, PREZATIDE COPPER ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBIC ACID

INGREDIENTS SOLUTION 2: DEIONIZED WATER, GLYCERIN, ARGININE, ACETYL TYROSINE, GLYCINE, ARCTIUM MAJUS ROOT EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM 11, POLYSILOXANE, POLYALKYLENE, COPOLYMER, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, NIACINAMIDE, ORNITHINE HYDROCHLORIDE, PROCYANIDIN B-2, CITRULLINE, GLUCOSAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE, BIOTIN, LYSINE, HISTIDINE, ASPARTIC ACID, THREONINE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, PROLINE, ALANINE, VALINE, METHIONINE, ISOLEUCINE, LEUCINE, GLUCOSE, TYROSINE, HENYLALANINE, CYSTEINE, ARCTIUM MAJUS ROOT EXTRACT, DEXTRAN, TRIPEPTIDE-1, DIMETHYLSULFONE, PHENOLSULFONEPHTHALEIN, PHENOYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL

- - - Updated - - -

One of the sites which sell this product list the following as key compounds:

Azelaic acid inhibits DHT.
Malus domestica extract supports follicle regeneration by deploying stem cells.
Palmitoyl pine bark extract inhibits 5x-reductase and block DHT.
Peptide complexes, which are tailored strings of amino acids, stimulate growth, keratin production, and shaft diameter, and add antiaging and anti-inflammatory properties.

Malus domestica extract is something I believe Jacob has referenced before in some products (apple stem cells) which claim to help with hair loss (no experience with this myself). Aside those key ingredients there are a host of others which are interesting.

ninenic

Reaction score
i`ve started to use DNC-S almost 2 months ago and with the exception that my hair is a little oily, my hair strains are thicker and i hope it is not only the enthusiasm for a new product that is seen like revolutionary :D

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is practically advertised as revolutionary so I'd hope it would really improve the scalp environment for hair growth. It is their most advanced formula for aggressive hair loss. What Norwood are you ninenic?

I started using Lipogaine instead, there's no regrowth (too soon) but it is has a nice ingredient profile over regular minoxidil. and it may be my imagination but my hair does look better. Regrowth can take anywhere from 3-6 months with either product but I was hoping DNC-S would be on the lower end of that time frame. The best combination with DNC-S would be a topical containing minoxidil 20-30 min after applying DNC-S. I still might pick up DNC-S.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a few pics up in the lipogain thread. Will post more in 2 weeks at the 3 month mark

justinstocks

Reaction score
been using this for two days so a few thoughts ...

the spray comes out as a fine mist so you need to keep it very close to the scalp to get it on there. also it drys quickly and stings a little !

i use it at night and then DNC-L in the morning and im finding it too greasy so far , might have to switch to DNC or try applying them at the same time ?

finally , there is no promise of hair regrowth with the DNC-S , only the appearance of thicker hair so im not sure exactly what its going to do ...

will update later

cheers

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
been using this for two days so a few thoughts ...

the spray comes out as a fine mist so you need to keep it very close to the scalp to get it on there. also it drys quickly and stings a little !

i use it at night and then DNC-L in the morning and im finding it too greasy so far , might have to switch to DNC or try applying them at the same time ?

finally , there is no promise of hair regrowth with the DNC-S , only the appearance of thicker hair so im not sure exactly what its going to do ...

will update later

cheers

They stated it's their most aggressive treatment for hair loss among their product line, so I'd hope it does not only stop/reduce hair loss but also provide some sort of regrowth. I'd use it at night and apply minoxidil like 20-30 min afterwards.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got this today. How is everyone else using this? It seems one bottle is a bit darker but dries fast and the other is clear but doesnt dry well.

justinstocks

Reaction score
is anyone finding this stuff too greasy ? surprised that spectral are saying it dries better than minoxidil and is cosmetically better cos it aint true ! tried combining this and dnc-l and my hair still looked like an oil slick 12 hrs later ... the 6 sprays they recommend seems too much for me , only doing 4 now .

on the plus side , i can now feel some stubble on on my scalp and im hoping its regrowth but not sure yet - been under a lot of stress for past 6 months so could just be natural regrowth after that ...

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
justin usually it takes months to see results, so hard to say what the stubble means unless it's definitely somewhere there wasn't hair recently? but even then it seems a bit too quick unless you've been on it for a while

justinstocks

Reaction score
justin usually it takes months to see results, so hard to say what the stubble means unless it's definitely somewhere there wasn't hair recently? but even then it seems a bit too quick unless you've been on it for a while

totally agree mate - im using it at night and dnc-l in the morning so i wonder if its increasing the potency of the minoxidil ? ive had no " stubble " at all from the dnc-l ive used in the morning only for about 4 months - until i started using the dnc-s . it does claim to thicken hair so maybe im just feeling very fine hairs getting thicker ? not sure yet , will have to wait a few months as you say

im not making any claims this stuff works , just saying what i can feel !

cheers

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your response and didn't interpret it as the product works. I was just very interested in this stubble since whatever it is, sounded positive. :)
Keep us updated!

justinstocks

Reaction score
anybody willing to give any updates on this stuff ? heres mine ...

the packaging is pretty poor , one of the two bottles stopped working as it was intended with the red cap used to spray both at the same time so ive had to split it open and use the bottles separately.

strangely one of the bottles is labelled spectral cl and the other is blank - guessing one is active ingredient and the other an absorption aid ?

still finding it greasy as hell and have to wash it off before i apply normal minoxidil 12 hrs later.

also still FEELS like its doing something ... where i could feel nothing on my crown i can feel whats best described as fluff ! still need time to see if its regrowth or just fine hair thickening up but the rest of my hair also feels a lititle bit thicker too .

whats everyone else think ?

cheers

Last edited:

justinstocks

Reaction score
anyone updating please ?

ps - seems one of my bottles was broken from the start , shoved a pin in the nozzle and it sprays fine now ...

Achilles_

Reaction score
I would like to point out that the Product does NOT contain any Minoxidil and it supposed to dry fast, However, it is quite "GREASY" and never dries up, even after 12 hours it feels as if I just used it on my hair, it spikes the hair together and I have the feeling it weight the hair down and the greasiness of the makes it quite hard to use any styling product well unless you have short hair and you don't need to style it then it is another story. Moreover it leaves flecks on the pillow a bit which during night going to be in touch with the face!!!! Needless to say there is not a single word about Hair REGROWTH only to make the hair look fuller on the packet which frees the firm from any liability.. Quite expensive stuff to get oily hair.. I won’t buy it gain never ever... Waste of Money, I did used it with minoxidil and it dries up but I am not sure of any interaction among the ingredients and one can save the pain and use Mino directly alone and save $$$

VMan1

Reaction score
I would like to point out that the Product does NOT contain any Minoxidil and it supposed to dry fast, However, it is quite "GREASY" and never dries up, even after 12 hours it feels as if I just used it on my hair, it spikes the hair together and I have the feeling it weight the hair down and the greasiness of the makes it quite hard to use any styling product well unless you have short hair and you don't need to style it then it is another story. Moreover it leaves flecks on the pillow a bit which during night going to be in touch with the face!!!! Needless to say there is not a single word about Hair REGROWTH only to make the hair look fuller on the packet which frees the firm from any liability.. Quite expensive stuff to get oily hair.. I won’t buy it gain never ever... Waste of Money, I did used it with minoxidil and it dries up but I am not sure of any interaction among the ingredients and one can save the pain and use Mino directly alone and save $$$

Stop flooding every website with claims it doesn't work when your only issue is greasy. I just got it yesterday, had DNC that I liked, DNC-N replaced it and sucked pretty bad.

I will admit DNC-S is pretty greasy and has a wierd smell for the first 1/2hr but ill give a shot for a few months.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's too early to say it doesn't work but all experiences are welcome. And yes it can applied before minoxidil.

twothree

Reaction score
Bump . Interested in this stuff! I don't see "greasy" as a very fair indication that it doesn't work. That's a little bit irrelevant to what we REALLY want this thing to be doing

FormerFro

Reaction score
I just started using DNC-S yesterday. It smells a lot like hair dye. One of the two applicator tubes uses a dark brown liquid as well. My hair feels more hydrated after applying it, and I don't find it too greasy. In fact, it is easier to style my hair shortly after applying DNC-S compared to minoxidil liquid. I like it so far, but I'm skeptical whether this will help with regrowth, or just contains chemicals to cosmetically "thicken" existing hair.