Soul Crushing Depression Because Your Youth Is Going Down The Drain

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been through involuntary celibate and male Androgenetic Alopecia with retrograde AND hairline recession.

With photo proofs.

Now f*** off thanks bye.
Cope4life - what happened about that serious medical diagnosis that you mentioned last week?

Did you get a second opinion?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@CopeForLife, I thought it was 2001. Oh wait.... I am getting my odysseys mixed up again. Never mind, I tend to get "spaced" out when it comes to dates and numbers.:D
Lol 2001, I remember how boring it was at the beginning, but I continued watching it to the end trying to decipher it, I thought about it the whole afternoon struggling to come up with a brilliant interpretation lmao

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol 2001, I remember how boring it was at the beginning, but I continued watching it to the end trying to decipher it, I thought about it the whole afternoon struggling to come up with a brilliant interpretation lmao

2001 put me to sleep when I tried watching it as a teenager. I simply could not. I tried again a few years ago and it was mostly wonderful.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2001 put me to sleep when I tried watching it as a teenager. I simply could not. I tried again a few years ago and it was mostly wonderful.
I watched it at 15 or something like that, I've always been a great fan of old movies. Interestingly, I found Barry Lyndon to be a bit more boring than 2001

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
She's had 4 scalp biopsies confirming her Androgenetic Alopecia, what more do you guys need? She has hair loss! However, her hair loss has not progressed far, but it probably will in time, unless she successfully treats it.
Yes, I would kill to have her density back, and my hair looks somewhat like the girl that Cope posted. But my hair once looked like @Georgie hair does now, and even then I was paralyzed with fear and shame, I even quit uni because I was afraid that people would see that I was balding. Now looking back, I realize that nobody would have seen, because it was not that bad then. I could have easily pushed through all three years of uni with a little help of clever styling and some concealer, but I didn't. Why? Because I was afraid, ashamed, angry. I could not believe this was happening to me at only 20 years old, I had never even seen another girl with hair loss before in my life. Of course this affected me, of course this dark look into my future scared the absolute sh*t out of me. I didn't know what life would be like as bald, I only knew it was coming, at it seemed like it was coming fast.
Now I'm here, and something I have realized is that life as a truly bald woman does suck. There are so many things I took for granted before, that I would kill to have back, even just for a day, just to see what it feels like to be normal again. What I miss the most is the freedom, and never having to worry about my hair, because it was just... there. I never had to worry about the future related to my hair, I could cut it, style it, dye it however I wanted. I could hop into the shower and give myself a nice scalp massage, and just let my hair air dry in the wind or something. I could go for a swim on a sunny day and dive under the surface, I could go out in wind and rain without a care in the world... I could go on travels without bringing extra glue in my bag in case my hair piece comes off. I could use whatever products and shampoos I liked... But most of all - I could face the world without being clouded with shame and guilt, and a feeling like I am hiding a big secret from everyone. I don't feel like myself anymore, but I have had to accept that. I am not the same as before my hair decided to leave me, and I never will be. But I try to think that, maybe this was supposed to happen to me, and it has made me a much stronger person in the end. It takes a lot to phase me, even though I have some serious problems going on in my private life atm I deal with it much better. And I have so much to be grateful for, despite of everything that I have been through. I hope that Georige will see that not all is lost, and you can create a life for yourself even as a bald woman. You are attractive and young, if you worry about finding someone who will love you please don't. You can get there, just give it time :)
EL, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with some serious problems. I hope you get through them somehow. I'm also sorry to hear your hair loss has progressed so fast to a NW5. I remember you said not too long ago (I think) that your hairline was still intact and you were having it shaved to attach your hairpiece. It's awful beyond words to go through hair loss, and I can only imagine having to experience it when young. A full head of hair should just be a given at the very least while you're young. I know it's not all your own hair, but it looks beautiful in the pictures you shared, and I hope all you'll ever need is a partial piece and not a full wig. Maybe a new treatment will at least save what you have.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cope4life - what happened about that serious medical diagnosis that you mentioned last week?

Did you get a second opinion?

I had a terrible mood for a week of so after I've been told a diagnose. I met a neurosurgeon and he said to just observe it and make MRI from time to time. Solid chances that it will not be manifested during a lifetime.

Obviously, I feel uncomfortable with knowledge that I have a "bomb" next to spinal cord bu I do not really care now. Not about balding which I treat with fina not about other deceases. Let random to decide. Most consequence I scared is a cognitive degeneration but so far it's intact.

Last edited:

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate to this a lot georgie. There were times were I didn't leave the house once for 4 months during the summer time because of how sh*t my hair loss made me feel. The times I do have to leave to go to school I am full of anxiety. Having no control over something so essential can be soul destroying, I can imagine its hard for a female to go through this. What makes me feel better is knowing that there always is a way out, I know its not the best advice but it makes me feel a lot better.
Definitely, I believe there is always a light at the end of even the darkest tunnel

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
She's had 4 scalp biopsies confirming her Androgenetic Alopecia, what more do you guys need? She has hair loss! However, her hair loss has not progressed far, but it probably will in time, unless she successfully treats it.
Yes, I would kill to have her density back, and my hair looks somewhat like the girl that Cope posted. But my hair once looked like @Georgie hair does now, and even then I was paralyzed with fear and shame, I even quit uni because I was afraid that people would see that I was balding. Now looking back, I realize that nobody would have seen, because it was not that bad then. I could have easily pushed through all three years of uni with a little help of clever styling and some concealer, but I didn't. Why? Because I was afraid, ashamed, angry. I could not believe this was happening to me at only 20 years old, I had never even seen another girl with hair loss before in my life. Of course this affected me, of course this dark look into my future scared the absolute sh*t out of me. I didn't know what life would be like as bald, I only knew it was coming, at it seemed like it was coming fast.
Now I'm here, and something I have realized is that life as a truly bald woman does suck. There are so many things I took for granted before, that I would kill to have back, even just for a day, just to see what it feels like to be normal again. What I miss the most is the freedom, and never having to worry about my hair, because it was just... there. I never had to worry about the future related to my hair, I could cut it, style it, dye it however I wanted. I could hop into the shower and give myself a nice scalp massage, and just let my hair air dry in the wind or something. I could go for a swim on a sunny day and dive under the surface, I could go out in wind and rain without a care in the world... I could go on travels without bringing extra glue in my bag in case my hair piece comes off. I could use whatever products and shampoos I liked... But most of all - I could face the world without being clouded with shame and guilt, and a feeling like I am hiding a big secret from everyone. I don't feel like myself anymore, but I have had to accept that. I am not the same as before my hair decided to leave me, and I never will be. But I try to think that, maybe this was supposed to happen to me, and it has made me a much stronger person in the end. It takes a lot to phase me, even though I have some serious problems going on in my private life atm I deal with it much better. And I have so much to be grateful for, despite of everything that I have been through. I hope that Georige will see that not all is lost, and you can create a life for yourself even as a bald woman. You are attractive and young, if you worry about finding someone who will love you please don't. You can get there, just give it time :)
I’m in the very situation you mentioned currently. It’s the first week back at uni today and I’m beginning my next degree in speech pathology. I already missed the first two lectures. The first one I had gotten ready to go and had a melt down. I went nuts. I don’t cry a whole lot, but this was like a flood. I had written this post right before it happened actually. A lot of sh*t went down that I’m not going to talk about here, but my hatred towards myself and the complete powerlessness that I feel made me determined to feel pain and hopefully end all the pain in one go. Today is day 3 of lectures and I am now getting ready to go again wth a pit in my stomach.
You are right. Even if the world isn’t able to point at my head and say “look she’s bald”, the fear of the inevitable is paralysing. I’ve been losing my hair since mid 2014. I got my biopsy in 2015. By that stage the recession all the way around my head, brows, lashes, loss of whole scalp density was already so rapid that my derm thought perhaps i had frontal fobrosig alopecia, hence the number of biopsies. I guess I should be grateful that it wasn’t, but going through menopause and losing hair to estrogenic and androgenic alopecia wasn’t fun either. Basically minoxidil is the only thing that sometimes regrows the hairline. Otherwise things are still fast advancing and I’m kind of screwed.

It’s easy for guys to say “wear a wig” or “it’s easier if you’re a female”. It doesn’t change how shameful and humiliating it is, like you yourself said. It would have been enough just to be normal, but I had to lose my identity as a woman in so many ways in the space of a year, after everything that I had already gone through in my life. It just feels like the war never ends, and now life has thrown this upon me like a final insult. “No, you can’t win. You’re a loser. You will die ugly and alone, and worthless, just like you always told yourself”.

Thank you for being so kind. I feel very understood by you.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
EL, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with some serious problems. I hope you get through them somehow. I'm also sorry to hear your hair loss has progressed so fast to a NW5. I remember you said not too long ago (I think) that your hairline was still intact and you were having it shaved to attach your hairpiece. It's awful beyond words to go through hair loss, and I can only imagine having to experience it when young. A full head of hair should just be a given at the very least while you're young. I know it's not all your own hair, but it looks beautiful in the pictures you shared, and I hope all you'll ever need is a partial piece and not a full wig. Maybe a new treatment will at least save what you have.
Joan! Nice to see you post and thank you for the kind words. I hope so too, the problems are not with me directly but someone of very close family. I do my best to support my family member and hope for the best.
Yes, my hairline is intact but everything behind it on top of my head is evaporated. The sides are thin too, the back is still pretty thick.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of people in this forum focus TOO much on what people look like on the outside and don't listen to how they feel on in inside. That happens on a lot of forums and in real life, and it's simply called being judgemental. Don't be judgmental @CopeForLife - it's one of the ugliest things a human can be. If you are really that ugly on the outside, the only way you'll survive in this world is by being kind on the inside.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of people in this forum focus TOO much on what people look like on the outside and don't listen to how they feel on in inside. That happens on a lot of forums and in real life, and it's simply called being judgemental. Don't be judgmental @CopeForLife - it's one of the ugliest things a human can be. If you are really that ugly on the outside, the only way you'll survive in this world is by being kind on the inside.

Old song about "not with this attitude!!", "you're ugly inside not outside!!".

We aren't into a kindergarden. This speech could work on reddit but not here.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

i had a huggggge boner last night man

when it woke me up at 2am i thought of you

xx

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m in the very situation you mentioned currently. It’s the first week back at uni today and I’m beginning my next degree in speech pathology. I already missed the first two lectures. The first one I had gotten ready to go and had a melt down. I went nuts. I don’t cry a whole lot, but this was like a flood. I had written this post right before it happened actually. A lot of sh*t went down that I’m not going to talk about here, but my hatred towards myself and the complete powerlessness that I feel made me determined to feel pain and hopefully end all the pain in one go. Today is day 3 of lectures and I am now getting ready to go again wth a pit in my stomach.
You are right. Even if the world isn’t able to point at my head and say “look she’s bald”, the fear of the inevitable is paralysing. I’ve been losing my hair since mid 2014. I got my biopsy in 2015. By that stage the recession all the way around my head, brows, lashes, loss of whole scalp density was already so rapid that my derm thought perhaps i had frontal fobrosig alopecia, hence the number of biopsies. I guess I should be grateful that it wasn’t, but going through menopause and losing hair to estrogenic and androgenic alopecia wasn’t fun either. Basically minoxidil is the only thing that sometimes regrows the hairline. Otherwise things are still fast advancing and I’m kind of screwed.

It’s easy for guys to say “wear a wig” or “it’s easier if you’re a female”. It doesn’t change how shameful and humiliating it is, like you yourself said. It would have been enough just to be normal, but I had to lose my identity as a woman in so many ways in the space of a year, after everything that I had already gone through in my life. It just feels like the war never ends, and now life has thrown this upon me like a final insult. “No, you can’t win. You’re a loser. You will die ugly and alone, and worthless, just like you always told yourself”.

Thank you for being so kind. I feel very understood by you.
I'm happy @EvilLocks story made you feel a little better.
No one will be able to detect your hair loss, your hair is thicker than some girls natural hair. And if some girl insults your hair you're able to crush her face with your gymcel gains. Don't let your hair stop you from living your life. We believe in you.
26364248.jpg

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm happy @EvilLocks story made you feel a little better.
No one will be able to detect your hair loss, your hair is thicker than some girls natural hair. And if some girl insults your hair you're able to crush her face with your gymcel gains. Don't let your hair stop you from living your life. We believe in you.
View attachment 80908
You’re a sh*t person. What the f*** is actually wrong with you.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Old song about "not with this attitude!!", "you're ugly inside not outside!!".

We aren't into a kindergarden. This speech could work on reddit but not here.

yeah, but it's true man. Some times kindergartners are smarter than adults.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score