Sorry to say the poster boy for micro needling results has lost most of his hair again

Deanwilliam39

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is more likely, that he lost most (if not all) his gains because he cut back his minoxidil regimen to "just" once a day and micro needling to "just" once every 14 years

OR

That the bulk of his gains were phony in the first place? With different hair length and lighting you can give the illusion of a lot of hairs that you don't have.

Also, Am I the only one with the impression that something is off with his hair in the bellow picture?

View attachment 154520

I can't say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he used hair fibers there.
The hair definitely looks like it's been touched up with something, look how orange his hairline is.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is more likely, that he lost most (if not all) his gains because he cut back his minoxidil regimen to "just" once a day and micro needling to "just" once every 14 years

OR

That the bulk of his gains were phony in the first place? With different hair length and lighting you can give the illusion of a lot of hairs that you don't have.

Also, Am I the only one with the impression that something is off with his hair in the bellow picture?

View attachment 154520

100% padded out with fibres

Deanwilliam39

My Regimen
Reaction score
He "dialed back" minoxidil, which is probably code for "stopped using". That seems to be the common thread in situations where people lose their gains (and they have trouble copping to being too lazy to continue using minoxidil). I've had good results and have gone MIA for a while simply because I have a life outside of internet message boards. I've maintained my minoxidil regrowth for years now, even after truly "dialing back" to 1x a day rather than 2x.
He has definitely got dye or concealer on his hair, look at the right side of the picture, he has missed some of the peach fuzz, it stands out a mile.

Deanwilliam39

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol he isn't he posterboy for needling/minoxidil since he also used fina. And like mentioned before he "dialed down" on minoxidil and we don't even know if he still needled. So this is not surprising and doesn't prove anything.

So sorry to say op, this doesn't disprove of the minoxidil/needling regimen, I know you try and want to discredit it though. Try again.
I'm not discrediting it, I do it myself, I'm just saying he's definitely masking the hairline with something, to try and make his results look way better than they actually are.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a common "human behaviour" that requires to do whatever it takes to prove others that you're right. I can't count how many people I've seen that are putting pictures or videos with best light condition, best angle etc. Lots of people are using dermmatch and/or fibers to enhance the look and say they gained all of it only due to meds or hair transplant. Drives me nuts when I see sh*t like this and when you expose them they lay low :D
You need to take everything you see online with a pinch of salt. Remember, most people just want to justify their life decisions and will do whatever it takes to convince others that he/she didn't screw up.

Deanwilliam39

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a common "human behaviour" that requires to do whatever it takes to prove others that you're right. I can't count how many people I've seen that are putting pictures or videos with best light condition, best angle etc. Lots of people are using dermmatch and/or fibers to enhance the look and say they gained all of it only due to meds or hair transplant. Drives me nuts when I see sh*t like this and when you expose them they lay low :D
You need to take everything you see online with a pinch of salt. Remember, most people just want to justify their life decisions and will do whatever it takes to convince others that he/she didn't screw up.
Well said!

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol he isn't the posterboy for needling/minoxidil since he also used fina. And like mentioned before he "dialed down" on minoxidil and we don't even know if he still needled. So this is not surprising and doesn't prove anything.

So sorry to say op, this doesn't disprove of the minoxidil/needling regimen, I know you try and want to discredit it though. Try again.
Lol so he isn't a posterboy anymore. Do you know how I got across his case? In the micro needling thread I asked for good results and Pegasus referred him to me as the example, this his how. People were pointing him and saying things like "results like that simply didn't exist before people started micro needling so I can't be just minoxidil and fina". So there you go.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not discrediting it, I do it myself, I'm just saying he's definitely masking the hairline with something, to try and make his results look way better than they actually are.
How long have you been microneedling? Any noticeable results so far?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, people on reddit pretend to have terminal cancer to earn karma, it's incredible the things some people will do to get some extra karma points.

To be fair, maybe "NarWhal7"didn't act in bad faith, just got carried away with emotions and slipped in one of the pics, who nows.

By the way there is a user over the Hair Restoration Network forum called "SignporeHairTransplant" that had amazing results with just one hair transplant session and thanked you for helping him making the decision, did you know that? Pretty col

Just a note to say that I would not have gone through with the procedure if it were not for the excellent videos made by Mr Rolandas:

https://youtube.com/c/MrRolandas

I found his journey very reassuring and it gave me the confidence to go ahead with mine. I am extremely grateful to people like him and all the other excellent hair transplant YouTubers who create content like this.

1610249482982.png

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, people on reddit pretend to have terminal cancer to earn karma, it's incredible the things some people will do to get some extra karma points.

To be fair, maybe "NarWhal7"didn't act in bad faith, just got carried away with emotions and slipped in one of the pics, who nows.

By the way there is a user over the Hair Restoration Network forum called "SignporeHairTransplant" that had amazing results with just one hair transplant session and thanked you for helping him making the decision, did you know that? Pretty col

Just a note to say that I would not have gone through with the procedure if it were not for the excellent videos made by Mr Rolandas:

https://youtube.com/c/MrRolandas

I found his journey very reassuring and it gave me the confidence to go ahead with mine. I am extremely grateful to people like him and all the other excellent hair transplant YouTubers who create content like this.

View attachment 154619
Reddit is the worst of them all. Lots of people are just seeking attention and have very low self esteem, so naturally they will do whatever it takes.

I don't know the person. Who knows, maybe I was in contact with him at some point. Too many people are reaching out to me on a daily basis, that I don't really follow everyone :D
Indeed his hair transplant looks pretty good. He even have a high quality close-up picture which proves there's hair. He has pretty thick hair to begin with, probably high average hair per graft ratio and appears to be early grower + hair transplant work looks really good, so I have no doubt his result is real.
BTW I haven't seen his comment, so this makes me flattered :D

Deanwilliam39

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been microneedling? Any noticeable results so far?
I have been on a hairloss routine for years, but never really gained anything, so I thought I'm turning 50 I'm going to let nature take it's course, I stopped for a year and lost everything. I was shaving my head 8 weeks ago and noticed my hair was falling out all the way down to my occipital bone, and also creepy down the sides of my head, I didn't like that so I started taking dutasteride, micro needle once a week and I've just started minoxidil. I looked like the poster boys before picture, but now my hairline is growing back and I have thousands of vellus hairs and quite a few terminal hairs popping up. When I micro needle I bust open a dutasteride cap and rub that in my scalp. My old routine was just finasteride, I switched to topical minoxidil and finasteride which worked a little better but still never gave me the results I wanted. My hairline was the last to go that's why it the first to come back, I just hope the vellus hair turns terminal. I've only been on this routine for 8 weeks so time will tell.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on a hairloss routine for years, but never really gained anything, so I thought I'm turning 50 I'm going to let nature take it's course, I stopped for a year and lost everything. I was shaving my head 8 weeks ago and noticed my hair was falling out all the way down to my occipital bone, and also creepy down the sides of my head, I didn't like that so I started taking dutasteride, micro needle once a week and I've just started minoxidil. I looked like the poster boys before picture, but now my hairline is growing back and I have thousands of vellus hairs and quite a few terminal hairs popping up. When I micro needle I bust open a dutasteride cap and rub that in my scalp. My old routine was just finasteride, I switched to topical minoxidil and finasteride which worked a little better but still never gave me the results I wanted. My hairline was the last to go that's why it the first to come back, I just hope the vellus hair turns terminal. I've only been on this routine for 8 weeks so time will tell.
Interesting, good luck with that new routine and please keep us posted

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are wayyyy more skeptical than most dude. I don't even want to converse with you in regards to this. You have moved the goalposts constantly in your posting career here. He wasn't selling anything, and there have been other amazing needling results. I think his loss of gains were due to both cutting his minoxidil and needling drastically. You can feel free to think differently (which obviously you do).

I have had good gains needling. My use of hair fibers is down significantly. We will see if they last. If they don't, so be it. Then I'll be more skeptical of the effectiveness of needling long term.
It's hard not to be skeptical of everything you see about hair loss when you've been on these forums/ struggling with hair loss for a while we've seen so many scams over the years it's ridiculous.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol he isn't the posterboy for needling/minoxidil since he also used fina. And like mentioned before he "dialed down" on minoxidil and we don't even know if he still needled. So this is not surprising and doesn't prove anything.

Even if he did lose his gains while still needling and using min, it's still very impressive to gain that much hair and keep it for 2 years.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

OR

View attachment 154520

I’m also more skeptical that most people on this forum, but his “after” always looked fishy to me. His hairline just blurs into his forehead, which is almost always a sign of supplemental thickening products like fibers

I’m not saying min/needling doesn’t work, but his results always seemed unachievable to me. Like you said, people post misleading photos for sorts of reasons, not always because they are selling something.

Anyways, interesting thread, but I don’t think there is anything to take away from this. We already know min stops working when you stop using it and that people often exaggerate on the internet for no good reason at all.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1610573505934.png

This is a before picture of him. He had more than enough hair, in the right length, for the fibers to catch on originally.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at this video, the guy went live from total bald in the crown to an appearance of a flawless scalp full of thick hair lol. It's another level of trickery

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're deranged. Let's just end this and say nothing works. Minoxidil doesn't work, finasteride doesn't work, microneedling doesn't work, hair multiplication doesn't work. we're all "fcked". You don't even need to be here, you need to be in therapy. All you do is come on here to complain about everything. I'm surprised you haven't broken into narwhal's house to find his bottle of toppik