Sorry to say the poster boy for micro needling results has lost most of his hair again

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So many of you must be familiar with this case:

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 01.13.11.png

1609992904041.png

Remarkable results, at least at on first look (more on that later)

But some months ago he posted a 2 year update on Reddit and it seems like lost A LOT of the gained hairs, if not almost all of them:

1609993120437.png

1609993196933.png

I would say he kept some of the gained hair but most of it is gone, specially if you compare with the pics I'm posting now.

So, some problems with his story (which makes it less impressive than we originally thought):

1- He said he was NW7 but seeing from another angles, he was NW5 or 6 TOPS, no way he was NW7:

1609993382360.png

(the above pictures are from the month 3 of treatment and you could say he may already have gained some hairs, but I doubt he could go from NW7 to NW5 in just 3 months. it's much more likely he was never a NW7 in the first place.)

2 - Something is off in the picture where he is at his peak. Maybe he is using hair fibers there? He admitted he used it in other occasions, so maybe he was using a concealer in that picture too. I can't say for sure but that's a real possibility:

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 01.26.40.png

3 - If you compare the pictures from the beginning of his treatment to where he is at now, and adjust for the longer hair length, you will realize he looks almost the same:

Before X After
Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 01.29.07.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 01.29.21.png

So the bottom line is that the absolute best micro needling case we had (that was also on finasteride, applying minoxidil twice a day every day like a mad man, and on other stuff), ended up really with really nothing special. If the mother (or dad) of all hyper responders ended up with just ok results, what's left for the rest of us?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 01.29.07.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 01.29.07.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And oh did I say that he ended up capitulating and going for a hair transplant?

1609994192315.png

1609994221354.png

Because let's not get fooled guys, hair transplants are currently and still the only real alternative to transform the situation of the really bald guys.

Good luck for him. I hope he has spectacular results.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, props to @NarWhal7 for coming clean and updating the community with his situation, even with the deterioration of the scalp. We will never know how many of the other great internet results ended up suffering the same fate because the guys usually go MIA after a while (I wonder why).

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He "dialed back" minoxidil, which is probably code for "stopped using". That seems to be the common thread in situations where people lose their gains (and they have trouble copping to being too lazy to continue using minoxidil). I've had good results and have gone MIA for a while simply because I have a life outside of internet message boards. I've maintained my minoxidil regrowth for years now, even after truly "dialing back" to 1x a day rather than 2x.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He "dialed back" minoxidil, which is probably code for "stopped using". That seems to be the common thread in situations where people lose their gains (and they have trouble copping to being too lazy to continue using minoxidil). I've had good results and have gone MIA for a while simply because I have a life outside of internet message boards. I've maintained my minoxidil regrowth for years now, even after truly "dialing back" to 1x a day rather than 2x.
Good to know you were able to keep your gains.

I find it odd that he didn't go to minoxidil 2x a day again to try to recover his gains before having a hair transplant.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to know you were able to keep your gains.

I find it odd that he didn't go to minoxidil 2x a day again to try to recover his gains before having a hair transplant.

Some people just get lazy. It's not fun having to apply minoxidil every day. I'm going for a transplant myself but I still plan to continue minoxidil forever.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's very strange that he basically lost all his gains in a matter of just months! Something doesn't add up.
I've read somewhere that if you stop using minoxidil you lose all the gains in about 3 months or so, could be that.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition to cutting back on minoxidil, he also cut back on needling to once every other week.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition to cutting back on minoxidil, he also cut back on needling to once every other week.
I mean that’s basically the amount that you’re supposed to do it 9-14 days in general is what I’ve seen.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean that’s basically the amount that you’re supposed to do it 9-14 days in general is what I’ve seen.
yea he kept micro needling according to the expected protocol, and still applied minoxidil once a day. And his gains vanished? Weird.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
That could still very well could be a large contributing factor to why he lost so much ground. He cut his minoxidil in half, and needling frequency in half. The point isn't that the "expected protocol" is every other week. The point is after he cut them both in half, he lost most of his gains.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That could still very well could be a large contributing factor to why he lost so much ground. He cut his minoxidil in half, and needling frequency in half. The point isn't that the "expected protocol" is every other week. The point is after he cut them both in half, he lost most of his gains.
What is more likely, that he lost most (if not all) his gains because he cut back his minoxidil regimen to "just" once a day and micro needling to "just" once every 14 years

OR

That the bulk of his gains were phony in the first place? With different hair length and lighting you can give the illusion of a lot of hairs that you don't have.

Also, Am I the only one with the impression that something is off with his hair in the bellow picture?

1610066160771.png

I can't say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he used hair fibers there.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is more likely, that he lost most (if not all) his gains because he cut back his minoxidil regimen to "just" once a day and micro needling to "just" once every 14 years

OR

That the bulk of his gains were phony in the first place? With different hair length and lighting you can give the illusion of a lot of hairs that you don't have.

Also, Am I the only one with the impression that something is off with his hair in the bellow picture?

View attachment 154520

I can't say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he used hair fibers there.
you are wayyyy more skeptical than most dude. I don't even want to converse with you in regards to this. You have moved the goalposts constantly in your posting career here. He wasn't selling anything, and there have been other amazing needling results. I think his loss of gains were due to both cutting his minoxidil and needling drastically. You can feel free to think differently (which obviously you do).

I have had good gains needling. My use of hair fibers is down significantly. We will see if they last. If they don't, so be it. Then I'll be more skeptical of the effectiveness of needling long term.

Last edited:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are wayyyy more skeptical than most dude. I don't even want to converse with you in regards to this. You have moved the goalposts constantly in your posting career here. He wasn't selling anything, and there have been other amazing needling results. I think his loss of gains were due to both cutting his minoxidil and needling drastically. You can feel free to think differently (which obviously you do).

I have had good gains needling. My use of hair fibers is down significantly. We will see if they last. If they don't, so be it. Then I'll be more skeptical of the effectiveness of needling long term.
You have a reasonable stance. Sometimes I test some more radical hypothesis to foster a conversation because I feel most of the people here tend to get everything at face value.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a reasonable stance. Sometimes I test some more radical hypothesis to foster a conversation because I feel most of the people here tend to get everything at face value.
No worries dude. I'll post my results in a few months if they continue or maintain. If they don't.... I'll post that it didn't last.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone got a link to the reddit post?
I'd like to follow his hair transplant progress