Some results in 6 months with Finasteride + Nizoral

TeeZee

Reaction score
Ok I've got some results in 6 months with Finasteride and Nizoral shampoo. It looks like the bald spot has filled up quite nicely and my hair no longer feels really fragile. It feels like real hair and the colour has darkened some what. So this treatment seems to work for me.

Patience seems to be the key here. I'm 34 years old by the way. I hope it keeps improving. So far so good.

Good luck everyone.

Month 1:
month1.jpg

Month 6:
month6.jpg

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great results for only 6 months and no minoxidil.

How often do you use nizoral and is it 1% or 2%?

TeeZee

Reaction score
It's 2% and at first I used it twice a week for about a month and now only use it once a week. That was my doctor's advice.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is just WOW! Congrats!

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results. Do you have any specific advice on application... general tips? How do you style your hair, for instance gel etc?

brian

Reaction score
great progress dude but this has really annoyed me! I started off pretty similar to you but was so eager i jumped straight on finasteride and minoxidil. i experienced good regrowth but never knew which was responsible, the finasteride or the minoxidil.

Looks like if I would have just stuck with finasteride I could have obtained similar results to you! now im stuck on minoxidil for life..... please learn from my mistakes people.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
I know minoxidil is a pain, but a finasteride+minoxidil user will always have better results than if they only used finasteride. I started with minoxidil alone, and It was amazing by itself. I can only imagine that my results without it wouldn't be as good. The reason why I'm interested in peoples choice not to use minoxidil is because I want to know if they have a specific reason other than the hassle for avoiding it.

If you want to get a better idea for what finasteride only users look like, check out Dr Bernstein's page. :)

Cultural Pete

Reaction score
Great results! I'm 34 as well. I just started this regimen a couple of weeks ago (though I am using 1% Nizoral) and I would be very happy with similar results. I am avoiding minoxidil because I used it years ago and hated the greasy feeling. If I had to choose between shaving my head or dealing with that greasy mess every day, I would shave my head.