Some NW2 must be having mental problems to get a hair transplant

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
This guy got a hairtransplant and look how much hair he had before the transplant, he was a NW2.. it's incredible how some people are so vain.. I can't believe it. Crown was intact. The guy is below 30, and it looks like he has not realized he could lose the rest of his hair in the next 10 years and the scar will be shown forever. Some people just need a psychologist, rather than a hair transplant. And all this pain just to get a pretty girlfriend and say "look what i have"... I hate Superficial Yuppies.

Before the transplant:

normal_DSCN0091.JPG

How can someone with this much hair, decide to get a hairtranplant??

He must be really mad.. WTF?

Not to name he wasted 15K dollars in all the process. But money, is just a secondary issue here.

CCS

Reaction score
It is not about vanity at all. most people will treat you differently depending on how you look. They may not treat you in a why that most people would think is inappropriate, but they often will just assume you are much older and base their decisions on what type of friend to view you as based on that age/health assessment. They also will make assumptions about how successful you are in some ways, which could impact how the type of advice they ask from you. Most people don't even know themselves enough to realize this, until they think about it and actively stop, or tell themselves they don't know that and should not assume it. But there are many many things besides hair loss that people make assumptions on. So that is a lot of habbits to break, especially when the assumptions are true a decent fraction of the time. People might think "well, I don't know if this is true, and I don't want to be rude by asking, and I don't really care enough to ask and find out, but I know there is a decent chance of this compared to with other people, so I will just do X".

He looks like a good candidate, if propecia and a few other topicals did nothing. Growing hair from smooth scalp probably takes a lot of time if not at all if the scalp has been bare so long.

If he is a nw2, which i think you are right that he is, then I've been telling some NW1's that they are nw2. you think this guy might be a NW2.5? I think his temples are too close together for him to be a NW3.

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate- I agree. There is something called Sampson complex. Also body dysmorfic disorder. Combine that with unethical doctors and it truly is a recepe for disaster.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mahair

your just a miserable person that has a tendency to make negative comments b/c u had a bad exp. Had ur exp been fine you would have been fine with this case.

Get help.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
Mahair

your just a miserable person that has a tendency to make negative comments b/c u had a bad exp. Had ur exp been fine you would have been fine with this case.

Get help.

Let me guess.. you are another NW2 who has a vanity complex and got a hair transplant too, because you want to look perfect?

Let me tell that in the next 10 years you will continue losing hair, and soon or late your scar will be shown.

a hair transplant is just a short-term perfect solution.

But in the end you will lose the rest of the hair like the guy i posted above and there is nothing to do with that.

I have seen lot of old guys who got hair transplant and then lost the rest of their hair and the scar is visible. That's hell.

CCS

Reaction score
not eveyone continues to nw7. and small scars are less visible than big ones. This is why gilator and I recommend everyone try meds for 3 years and see if they are bothered by the regimen and if they keep or regrow any hair before they get a transplant.

I saw some respectable, 40 year old men with a mohawk in the middle of a NW5. I guess finasteride did not work for him, or he did not stay on it. I saw 4 such men in 6 months.

you make a good point about the need to stabilize hairloss, HATE_HT, but you are wrong about the existance of a vanity complex. I am not vain. I just don't like getting turned down by every woman i want to date just becuase she is 20 and I am a NW3. If you can pull of the balding or shaved look, then I am jelous of you. but not in a hateful way.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent how long have you used Propecia, before switching to Avodart. Also, I guess Propecia didn't work for you?

CCS

Reaction score
i used it two years. it looks like it just maintained my hair on top, and darkened it everywhere else. i can't tell since I did not take pictures and I have a lot of grafts that I can't distinguish from old hair.

I'm switching to Avodart because I want to thicken my thin hairs on top and maybe regrow some hairs out of smooth scalp with the help of a cocktail of topicals.

G

No offense intended but who are you to comment on some random person's personal decision to get a hair transplant?

if it makes him feel better about it then whatever.

CCS

Reaction score
misery likes company

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
misery likes company

exactly. why do you think people like moose and thinning lash out? confident people wouldn't feel the need to make fun of others.

as my good friend Dan says, "this s*it ain't rocket science, b". :D

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
No offense intended but who are you to comment on some random person's personal decision to get a hair transplant?

if it makes him feel better about it then whatever.

Man, I think there must be limits for everyone and for everything. People with mental issues can't see these limits. Like the guy I posted in that pic.

Tell me one thing, do you honestly think it is ok for a NW2 to get a hair transplant? Would you get a hair transplant if you were a NW2?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
its all very well saying that a norwood 2 should not get a transplant and that they will continue to lose hair but thats only if they dont get on meds and no progress is made in combating male pattern baldness at all.

there will be HM/Curis/stem cell research in years to come and if a norwood 2 gets a transplant now to look and feel better then why the hell not?

get a transplant now,get on meds,maintain,then assess new and improved procedures further down the line.... :hairy:

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
[quote="LookingGood!":747ff]Mahair

Get help.

Let me guess.. you are another NW2 who has a vanity complex and got a hair transplant too, because you want to look perfect?

Let me tell that in the next 10 years you will continue losing hair, and soon or late your scar will be shown.

But in the end you will lose the rest of the hair like the guy i posted above and there is nothing to do with that.

I have seen lot of old guys who got hair transplant and then lost the rest of their hair and the scar is visible. That's hell.[/quote:747ff]

First off Hater or should I say Hair envy, Yes I am a NW2 plus and stabilized my hair to the present age of 42. Is 42 old? I've been on propecia since 99 religiously without sides and minoxidil since late 80's as a preventative approach. My family history is a NW3 plus and that is my father's uncles who are in their late 80's. I took a conservative approach with FUE at 50 g/cm2 with Dr Cole, the most conservative surgeon in the business. I am doing my part by keeping my male pattern baldness at bay and the research into my hair transplant. You obviously havent.What if it does progress...maybe some more maybe not. Do you have a crystal ball or just make capricious statements? You are the typical whiner who must make everyone else miserable b/c your experience is not up to par. Do us all a favor get together with the outcast Mahair and spend some time. Your made for each other.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
libertine said:
its all very well saying that a norwood 2 should not get a transplant and that they will continue to lose hair but thats only if they dont get on meds and no progress is made in combating male pattern baldness at all.

there will be HM/Curis/stem cell research in years to come and if a norwood 2 gets a transplant now to look and feel better then why the hell not?

get a transplant now,get on meds,maintain,then assess new and improved procedures further down the line.... :hairy:

You make total sense! I could not have said it any better!

Just think where the hair transplant business was in 1995-96 and where it is 10 yrs later. The future looks bright!

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
[quote="I_Hate_DHT":ac410][quote="LookingGood!":ac410]Mahair

Get help.

I have seen lot of old guys who got hair transplant and then lost the rest of their hair and the scar is visible. That's hell.[/quote:ac410]

First off Hater or should I say Hair envy, Yes I am a NW2 plus and stabilized my hair to the present age of 42. Is 42 old? I've been on propecia since 99 religiously without sides and minoxidil since late 80's as a preventative approach. My family history is a NW3 plus and that is my father's uncles who are in their late 80's. I took a conservative approach with FUE at 50 g/cm2 with Dr Cole, the most conservative surgeon in the business. I am doing my part by keeping my male pattern baldness at bay and the research into my hair transplant. You obviously havent.What if it does progress...maybe some more maybe not. Do you have a crystal ball or just make capricious statements? You are the typical whiner who must make everyone else miserable b/c your experience is not up to par. Do us all a favor get together with the outcast Mahair and spend some time. Your made for each other.[/quote:ac410]

Hater?? Are you Sir DHT? If not, then I don't hate you... :)

Jealous? haha, Jealous of someone with mental issues that is NW2 and still get into a hair transplant, and gets a scar for the rest of his life? No, thanks.. I'm not jealous of someone with a vanity complex that watch too much TV and is consumed by Marketing.

And I'm not so stupid, ignorant, vain and desperate for "image" to fall in a hair transplant, being a NW2. But it's your body, you can harm it if you want.

Good luck Sir.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It surely depends on his personal circumstances. If his loss had been stable or very slow for some time and he was on meds then I don't see anything wrong with him restoring himself to a NW1 as long as he was planning for the possibilty of more surgery in the future.

Whatever happens he will have enough grafts left to fill in behind the hairline, if he continues to lose, and make it look natural, even if he can't get full coverage.

SAMPSON

Reaction score
It's like anything else in life - it's all relative to our own perceptions and unique personalities. Baldness doesn't seem to bother some people; others (like myself) are freaked out about becoming a NW2. I became about a NW1.5 around 19. My hairloss has stabilized(knock on wood)and I considered a hair transplant for the last 17 years. At 36 I finally took the plunge and so far am glad that I did. Time will tell if it was the right decision. All of us on this forum have some sort of "complex" about baldness or we wouldn't waste our time discussing and obsessing over it, let alone cutting our heads open and slicing pieces of our scalp out just to move some hair follicles somewhere else on our head. I do agree however, that it is not a decision to be taken lightly at all. If you can find a way to live with being a NW2 - then you should avoid hair transplants altogether, and in my opinion, if there is a very good chance that advanced levels of hairloss will occur after your first hair transplant, then you shouldn't even consider getting one. As far as the Sampson Complex that was mentioned earlier in this post, I believe that I probably do have it (hence my name). I obsessed over my hair long before any loss occurred, probably since I was about 10 or 12. I was always a "hair guy." I guess my point is that we all percieve things differently in life and from our own unique perspective. So to say that it is "crazy" to correct a NW2 is the same as saying it is crazy to work on a NW3,4,5,6... When does the "craziness" stop and sanity emerge. I assume that occurs at a different point for all of us. You ask me if I have a Sampson Complex... I am Sampson!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
[quote="LookingGood!":aae6a][quote="I_Hate_DHT":aae6a][quote="LookingGood!":aae6a]Mahair

Get help.

I have seen lot of old guys who got hair transplant and then lost the rest of their hair and the scar is visible. That's hell.[/quote:aae6a]

First off Hater or should I say Hair envy, Yes I am a NW2 plus and stabilized my hair to the present age of 42. Is 42 old? I've been on propecia since 99 religiously without sides and minoxidil since late 80's as a preventative approach. My family history is a NW3 plus and that is my father's uncles who are in their late 80's. I took a conservative approach with FUE at 50 g/cm2 with Dr Cole, the most conservative surgeon in the business. I am doing my part by keeping my male pattern baldness at bay and the research into my hair transplant. You obviously havent.What if it does progress...maybe some more maybe not. Do you have a crystal ball or just make capricious statements? You are the typical whiner who must make everyone else miserable b/c your experience is not up to par. Do us all a favor get together with the outcast Mahair and spend some time. Your made for each other.[/quote:aae6a]

Hater?? Are you Sir DHT? If not, then I don't hate you... :)

Jealous? haha, Jealous of someone with mental issues that is NW2 and still get into a hair transplant, and gets a scar for the rest of his life? No, thanks.. I'm not jealous of someone with a vanity complex that watch too much TV and is consumed by Marketing.

And I'm not so stupid, ignorant, vain and desperate for "image" to fall in a hair transplant, being a NW2. But it's your body, you can harm it if you want.

Good luck Sir.[/quote:aae6a]

Hater of NW2s,

Who has mental issues? Can u substantiate the evidence there? All NW2s have mental issues? Now if that isnt a blanket statement I dont know what is! BTW as mentioned now 3TIMES I had FUE, not strip, therefore I do not have a scar that you are describing. Your level of observation is poor, you probably didnt pay close attention in school and were one of those kids that the teacher kept saying: read the question please! read the question please! or RTFQ! I do not believe I did any harm to my body. So what if I want to look better...I have a right to as does everyone else. Keep posting you're making this easy for me!

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Technically nobody should have a hair transplant unless they have a backup plan for what to do if they become NW7

Im not sure if an NW2 can do this with an hair transplant, but if he can then its all good