Some Advice - 2 hair transplants Done, Thinking Of Getting A Piece, Recommendations?

hn120

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I haven't posted but have always been looking on these forums for other peoples experiences so wanted your input.

My current situation is, I have had 2 hair transplants; FUHT 5000 grafts and 3500 FUE.

I'm currently 37.

My hair line is really good (done on the FUHT) and the FUE was done to thicken things up. Crown is still not great.

I've done a lot of research and I know there is no way to get the thickness I want via hair transplant. Life is short so I am now considering a piece. The advantages are that my hairline is natural so the piece can sit behind my hairline - not sure if this can be done? My neighbor is a hair stylist so can manage my piece for me :) But it's just a matter of finding what is best. I've seen videos from total cover plus etc and I don't mind paying the money but I'm not a fan of marketing videos.

So, any advice from you guys on what do to do in my situation?

Ideally, the piece needs to be good and withstand gym, 3 month holidays etc lol - I'm asking for too much ? Regardless, my hairline is perfect so this is not an issue which I know is for many norwood 7 people.

I will try to add some pics for reference.

Thank you in advance.

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, you can add a piece behind a natural (or transplanted) hairline. I have known a couple of guys who have done that very successfully. Obviously the fit has to be a match, and more importantly the piece has to be roughly the same density as the hairline, at least at the front. Having someone reliable to help you would be a big help, especially to get the fit right.

Going to the gym is no problem, provided you allow say 4 hours between applying the piece and the workout. 3 month holidays are not a problem either, but clearly the piece will need attention over that period, so you need to get to the point where you can take it off, clean it and reapply it, and you will probably want some private space to do that. If you can take two matching pieces with you, that would make it much easier. If it is 3 months of sun and sea, you will need to be very careful to protect the piece from the sun with a hat and sunscreen.

I will PM you some thoughts on suppliers.

Noah