Solxama's great experiment - HRT vs aggressive Androgenic Alopecia

Zœy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to say when I added e to CPA -> boobs came very fast there after.

But it's not the end of the world, you can have an op to remove the glands for good should you wish.

I'm obviously very ok with boobs.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to say when I added e to CPA -> boobs came very fast there after.

But it's not the end of the world, you can have an op to remove the glands for good should you wish.

I'm obviously very ok with boobs.
Yes the main concern is hair any sides that come with HRT can be fixed with the surgery!!did you lose any height on HRT??

Zœy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes the main concern is hair any sides that come with HRT can be fixed with the surgery!!did you lose any height on HRT??
No unfortunately, started at 6' still 6' (after 2.5 years)
I did get muscle changes so my posture changed, I got a degree of pelvic tilt which is nice. As I'm old I didn't get any bone changes, if you are younger you may get widening of the hips on a full HRT regime -> obviously this isn't something that cant be fixed with surgery down the line.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did get muscle changes so my posture changed, I got a degree of pelvic tilt which is nice. As I'm old I didn't get any bone changes, if you are younger you may get widening of the hips on a full HRT regime -> obviously this isn't something that cant be fixed with surgery down the line.
when you said you were on cpa and finasteride what dosage of cpa and after how many months did you notice hair gains?TIA

Zœy

My Regimen
Reaction score
when you said you were on cpa and finasteride what dosage of cpa and after how many months did you notice hair gains?TIA
I've just been looking through my old pictures and perhaps CPA didn't do as much as I thought. I ordered androcur in November 2018, these were 100mg tablets that I cut into 4. So that was my dose. Checking dates on photos in my gallery I can see I had already recovered my crown before starting CPA, as I had enough crown hair to put into a band.
The blonde hair picture was 5/6 months on CPA, finasteride & Min. My hair is definitely denser. It's fine, but there is lots of it.
But with the above I had no temple growth, that didn't happen until I added e

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-14-09-31-09-13_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-14-09-31-09-13_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_2021-09-14-09-35-13-56_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-14-09-35-13-56_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Zœy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thinking about the crown growth.
In addition to the drugs back in 2018
I was on a mission to lose weight, so I had just lost 100lbs and was fasting/working out a lot. This probably elevated my growth hormone quite a bit, which probably helped too.

Although on my mission to recover my temples I did try MK-677 for a bit too artificially boost those again. But nothing..

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just been looking through my old pictures and perhaps CPA didn't do as much as I thought. I ordered androcur in November 2018, these were 100mg tablets that I cut into 4. So that was my dose. Checking dates on photos in my gallery I can see I had already recovered my crown before starting CPA, as I had enough crown hair to put into a band.
The blonde hair picture was 5/6 months on CPA, finasteride & Min. My hair is definitely denser. It's fine, but there is lots of it.
But with the above I had no temple growth, that didn't happen until I added e
So according to your experience which drugs played the best role reversing crown?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My feet have barely gotten smaller, women's ten in the U.S. which at least is right in the middle so you can find decent shoes. Even cis-females are increasingly going into the 13's, 14's and 15's. Height as I look at it, matters much less than breadth in terms of bone structure and yes, being petite as a male both ways becomes perhaps an advantage on this side of the isle/aisle.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My feet have barely gotten smaller, women's ten in the U.S. which at least is right in the middle so you can find decent shoes. Even cis-females are increasingly going into the 13's, 14's and 15's. Height as I look at it, matters much less than breadth in terms of bone structure and yes, being petite as a male both ways becomes perhaps an advantage on this side of the isle/aisle.
Lol if my feet got smaller I would have to literally buy new shoes as most of mine would not fit. I wear a size bigger as it's more comfortable for my feet, so if they got any smaller it could be a problem. But on the other hand small feet are cute so I wouldn't really mind :)

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just had a bath and washed my hair so I thought I'd take some more pics of my crown. Here is my crown after a month of HRT plus a closeup. Bald spot is barely visible. Before HRT a large chunk of my crown was fully bald.

IMG_20210918_222306.jpg
- My crown after 29 days of HRT.

IMG_20210918_222218.jpg
- Closeup, as you can see the bald spot is 90% gone.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goddamn! Amazing
Glad to see that Hrt is still a last resort no matter the grade of Androgenetic Alopecia.
How are the sexual sides going?
Libido has been nuked, it's fully gone. I think switching to scrotal application is what finally nuked it, as it was still minimally there before I started putting some of my gel dose there. So if you want to avoid that, don't put E2 gel on your scrotum lol.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just had a bath and washed my hair so I thought I'd take some more pics of my crown. Here is my crown after a month of HRT plus a closeup. Bald spot is barely visible. Before HRT a large chunk of my crown was fully bald.

View attachment 169794
- My crown after 29 days of HRT.

View attachment 169793
- Closeup, as you can see the bald spot is 90% gone.
Just went on page 1 of this thread yo see the before crown and man i am blown away so much progress and thickness in such a low time frame!And you have not used min and Antiandrogens.Do you have any sign of gyno?

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just went on page 1 of this thread yo see the before crown and man i am blown away so much progress and thickness in such a low time frame!And you have not used min and Antiandrogens.Do you have any sign of gyno?
Yes I do. My left nipple is very puffy and the tissue around it is getting larger, my right nipple has also become puffy during the last week. If this continues at the current speed I'll have to start hiding it during the next 3-4 months. But then again breast growth is not a linear thing, it can slow down and then speed up again after some time. It's hard to predict, but one thing is for sure : This treatment will give you gyno, the only question is the scale.

As for not using Minoxidil and Antiandrogens, I think the key to my progress is starting scrotal application. The E2 absorbtion is 5 times stronger in this area. After I started this a week and a half ago my progress has exploded. I suspect my T has been nuked by this. But still to be sure and if my liver blood test comes back ok I will try 12.5mg CPA.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time for another progress update , this time a bit longer one.

1 month on HRT :

*Effects on hair :

-Crown :

IMG_20210920_141640.jpgIMG_20210920_142033.jpgIMG_20210920_143320.jpg
-As you can see the bald spot is 80-90% smaller then it used to be, under some lighting it's nearly invisible like for example in my earlier pictures. Others have also began noticing these changes, a person who I haven't seen for over a year until last week asked me how the hell did I get so much hair back. I told her that I've started doing something about balding, but didn't specify what.

-Temples :

temple right.png
-Right Temple, marked area is new hair.

zoom right.png
-Zoom into the area.

centre.png
-Front of my hairline, new hair on my left temple is marked. Also the hair in the centre is stronger then it used to be, soon it should stop being transparent.

IMG_20210920_143630.jpg
-Picture of the left temple, marking not needed as the regrowth is very visible.

zoom left.png centre zoom.png
-Zoom into the regrowth area from two angles. This area is the best regrowth so far.

*Other effects :

-Breast growth is speeding up. Both of my nipples are puffy, sore and itchy. The tissue under the left nipple is getting bigger, the nipple is also starting to be visible through certain clothes, like t-shirts.
-Mental effects are expanding, and not all of them are nice. I have noticed mood swings, from euphoric to sad in the span of hours. Another thing is resurfacing trauma. I cried in the night over unpleasant school memories, something I thought I got over years ago. Also things that didn't really make me dysphoric before are starting to, the biggest being my deep masculine voice when speaking loudly. Voice training here we come...
-Skin is even more softer and pleasant in touch.
-Body hair grows back slower after shaving, before HRT I had to shave it every 2-3 days, now once a week is enough.
-Sleep quality is great, also I don't feel tired in the day like I used to.
-Migraines that I used to have every 1-2 days have gone.
-No libido, no sex drive, nothing. It's dead.

All in all after one month I can say I am happy to have gone down this route, not only for hair but also for the other effects. The speed of hair regrowth is surprising, I'm down one Norwood since starting a month ago (NW4 to NW3). As for the other effects, they are all much better then living on androgens for me. Even the unpleasant mental ones like mood swings and resurfacing trauma are better then the foggy emotions on androgens. I was already very emotional before HRT, but now these emotions feel much more real. If somebody, even without dysphoria is willing to put up with these effects I highly recommend HRT for hair. For dysphoric people on the other hand, don't repress, it's not worth it. Get on HRT ASAP!

After this month one thing I know for sure, I'm never getting off Estrogen. I'm staying on it for life, whatever the future might bring.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my liver blood test results, they are a bit high but in normal ranges, except for very slightly raised ALT, 0.10 U/L above normal, so basically nothing. This means the liver damage from Bica is small and does not require any further medical attention. Good thing I stopped it at the first sign of toxicity symptoms.

Because of these results I have decided to try CPA with a small 12.5mg dose. I have ordered some, it should arrive during the next 2-3 weeks, and then I will add it to my regimen. Just to be safe I will do another liver functions blood test in about 3-4 months.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm sure it was legit, but no it wasn't branded. Other people take it with no issues, it's just the fact that I used to drink too much alcohol and I only stopped 2 years ago, and this probably weakened my liver.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally spent two hours today trying to get the perfect picture of my crown. And I done it, I took a high resolution, very detailed picture. Thanks to this I know why my crown has started shedding, and what is going on with my still visible bald spots.

crown res.jpg
- Here is the whole picture, as you can see the bald spot is visible under this lighting.

crown zoom.png
- The baldest place zoomed in. Look at all those little hairs growing, this is incredible! This is why it shed, it made room for these. After a month or two when these hairs fully develop the bald spot will be fully gone. It looks like 6 years of crown balding could be reversed in just a few months!

Last edited:

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally spent two hours today trying to get the perfect picture of my crown. And I done it, I took a high resolution, very detailed picture. Thanks to this I know why my crown has started shedding, and what is going on with my still visible bald spots.

View attachment 170079
- Here is the whole picture, as you can see the bald spot is visible under this lighting.

View attachment 170080
- The baldest place zoomed in. Look at all those little hairs growing, this is incredible! This is why it shed, it made room for these. After a month or two when these hairs fully develop the bald spot will be fully gone. It looks like 6 years of crown balding could be reversed in just a few months!
Even though the shedding is it still better than before a month without any treatment?? I can't wait to see a fully filled in crown without any sign of horrendous thinning!! Love you documentation!