Solxama's great experiment - HRT vs aggressive Androgenic Alopecia

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Solxama.

Very interested in your journey and all the details that you can share.

dutasteridenonresponder

My Regimen
Reaction score
A week has passed since I took my first Estradiol gel dose. I have decided to do a weekly report from now on with progress in the hair department, and to document all the other potential effects HRT will have on me. Here we go :

1 week on HRT report :

*Effects on hair :
-None (I might have noticed some very small white hairs on my temples, but they might have been there before, I'm not sure.
So to be on the safe side I won't attribute this to my treatment.)

*Other Effects :
-My libido is down by about 70% at this point. Finasteride already took it down, but now it's even lower. It's not fully nuked yet, but I'm on the way there.
-I have very vivid dreams, first I took this effect as placebo, but now I'm sure it's not. I've never had dreams like this in my whole life.
-I feel much calmer inside, a inner peace I could have only reached before in deep meditation.
-My sleep is much better, I stopped waking up in the middle of the night, and I feel much more rested after sleep.

All in all it looks like my body responds to Estrogen in a positive way, and I'm looking forward to the next weeks and months on HRT.

Very interested to hear more about your experience in the upcoming months.

I am currently experiencing one of the worst sheds of my life and my hair is thinner than ever with some scalp recession, I am also starting graduate school in the next week while my self esteem is crushed, baldness is such an evil f*****g curse.

Next week I have an appointment with one of the best hair transplant doctors in NYC and I will ask to get a scalp biopsy and a complete hormone panel.

After that I will start with dutasteride mesotherapy, CB 03 01, a very low dose of estrogel and oral minoxidil which would have to be prescribed by a doctor.

Hope you win this fight with this regimen!

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interested to hear more about your experience in the upcoming months.

I am currently experiencing one of the worst sheds of my life and my hair is thinner than ever with some scalp recession, I am also starting graduate school in the next week while my self esteem is crushed, baldness is such an evil f*****g curse.

Next week I have an appointment with one of the best hair transplant doctors in NYC and I will ask to get a scalp biopsy and a complete hormone panel.

After that I will start with dutasteride mesotherapy, CB 03 01, a very low dose of estrogel and oral minoxidil which would have to be prescribed by a doctor.

Hope you win this fight with this regimen!
That's so horrible with your shed! I hope it gets better soon.

And your regimen looks good if you don't want much feminization. The only thing is that the Estrogel will have to be really low dose in your case, as If it's even a bit too high you might get the effects of female puberty with breast growth and stuff. That's why I went with a high dose, to try and skip that phase. Also, if your regimen doesn't work well enough I would also advise adding Bica to it, as although it sounds scary as it's a Anti Androgen, it does not impact Testosterone production or fertility like CPA or spironolactone do.

Thank you for your words of support. As for me, I have nothing to loose at this point. If I don't see much progress I'm willing to go as far as to apply the Estrogel on my scrotum, and in the future I might also switch to high dose E2 injections. Failure is not an option in my case, or at least I really hope so.

dutasteridenonresponder

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's so horrible with your shed! I hope it gets better soon.

And your regimen looks good if you don't want much feminization. The only thing is that the Estrogel will have to be really low dose in your case, as If it's even a bit too high you might get the effects of female puberty with breast growth and stuff. That's why I went with a high dose, to try and skip that phase. Also, if your regimen doesn't work well enough I would also advise adding Bica to it, as although it sounds scary as it's a Anti Androgen, it does not impact Testosterone production or fertility like CPA or spironolactone do.

Thank you for your words of support. As for me, I have nothing to loose at this point. If I don't see much progress I'm willing to go as far as to apply the Estrogel on my scrotum, and in the future I might also switch to high dose E2 injections. Failure is not an option in my case, or at least I really hope so.
Feel you,
So I have a little update... I went to Bernstein Medical in NYC today and talked to one of the most decorated hair transplant doctors in the US (MIT and Yale grad, etc). This doctor told me that I was not a candidate for a hair transplant because "in order to fix a problem there has to be one there first"

The Doctor said I have miniaturization in a diffuse androgenic pattern (horseshoe), but that I still have full coverage and OK hair quality on my scalp with only noticeable thinning in the hairline and crown. The doctor also said he would be surprised if in 10 years I had a NW4.

We talked about microneedling, PRP, and AA's. She said there is not enough data in regards to microneedling, and even very little in PRP.

As far as AA's, I was told to avoid they are very efficacious but also to avoid them as I have "above average" donor hair. I did not mention Estrogen on my visit.

I think I am going to see how well I can maintain on my current regimen for the next 8-9 months and then see if my hair has miniaturized with the microscope they have.

Sorry for all the writing, I am still very interested on your journey and everyone experimenting with different meds in order to stop hair loss and regrow hair. We are a bunch of mad scientist out here and i love that, but I think that the best thing i can do right now is to let things take their course and then asses them when i can see my progression in a scientific environment.

If sh*t breaks loose I will run the regimen mentioned above and keep a close assessment of my progression.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel you,
So I have a little update... I went to Bernstein Medical in NYC today and talked to one of the most decorated hair transplant doctors in the US (MIT and Yale grad, etc). This doctor told me that I was not a candidate for a hair transplant because "in order to fix a problem there has to be one there first"

The Doctor said I have miniaturization in a diffuse androgenic pattern (horseshoe), but that I still have full coverage and OK hair quality on my scalp with only noticeable thinning in the hairline and crown. The doctor also said he would be surprised if in 10 years I had a NW4.

We talked about microneedling, PRP, and AA's. She said there is not enough data in regards to microneedling, and even very little in PRP.

As far as AA's, I was told to avoid they are very efficacious but also to avoid them as I have "above average" donor hair. I did not mention Estrogen on my visit.

I think I am going to see how well I can maintain on my current regimen for the next 8-9 months and then see if my hair has miniaturized with the microscope they have.

Sorry for all the writing, I am still very interested on your journey and everyone experimenting with different meds in order to stop hair loss and regrow hair. We are a bunch of mad scientist out here and i love that, but I think that the best thing i can do right now is to let things take their course and then asses them when i can see my progression in a scientific environment.

If sh*t breaks loose I will run the regimen mentioned above and keep a close assessment of my progression.
I'm happy for you, but I do have a word of caution to you. Make sure you can really trust this doctor, even if they have all these credentials. The medical industry loves to push these treatments like transplants and stuff, because they are expensive so they make money of balding men. A doctor who I went to in my country tried to scam me into PRP, advertising it as some kind of miracle cure. It's good that the doctor you seen admitted that PRP is mostly useless, at least that's being honest. From what I read PRP can even be harmful if DHT serum level is high.

But I am a bit sceptical of the veiled attempt to discourage you from taking AAs by talking about "above average" donor hair. Do you know how much a hair transplant costs? Probably 10k $ at the least, will you have that kind of money for your hair in the future? And you can never be sure will those words come true, and you really are a good transplant candidate.

Even after this visit I would still consider some kind of additional treatment if I were you. As you seem not to need AAs, maybe a very small dose of Estrogen gel topically would be a good idea just to be sure. Maybe not even taking it every day, but every second day. You don't want to wake up one day as a NW4, like I did.

Last edited:

dutasteridenonresponder

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm happy for you, but I do have a word of caution to you. Make sure you can really trust this doctor, even if they have all these credentials. The medical industry loves to push these treatments like transplants and stuff, because they are expensive so they make money of balding men. A doctor who I went to in my country tried to scam me into PRP, advertising it as some kind of miracle cure. It's good that the doctor you seen admitted that PRP is mostly useless, at least that's being honest. From what I read PRP can even be harmful if DHT serum level is high.

But I am a bit sceptical of the veiled attempt to discourage you from taking AAs by talking about "above average" donor hair. Do you know how much a hair transplant costs? Probably 10k $ at the least, will you have that kind of money for your hair in the future? And you can never be sure will those words come true, and you really are a good transplant candidate.

Even after this visit I would still consider some kind of additional treatment if I were you. As you seem not to need AAs, maybe a very small dose of Estrogen gel topically would be a good idea just to be sure. Maybe not even taking it every day, but every second day. You don't want to wake up one day as a NW4, like I did.

Yes I totally get your point, and would definitely agree with you in most cases when it comes to the hair loss industry. But what sold me with this doctor is that he told me I was not a candidate for a hair transplant any time soon because I had too much hair!

He also said that in the future, if a transplant was needed I could simply get one with good results, but that he thought I would need one in 10 years or so. This doctor was most certainly not trying to sell me anything, as a matter of fact, he told me to come back in a year! so he is not even interested in me paying for more visits. He also admitted that PRP made no sense if I was taking dutasteride.

A lot of people have been telling me my hair hasn't worsened in the last two years, that in fact it has gotten better with my current regimen. So I think I am obsessing a little too much. I just want to take a break with all of this horrible obsession right now, mostly because I still have kind of okay hair and reading all day about different novel treatment and taking selfies is preventing me from enjoying my 20's.

I am not really aiming for perfect hair, and in my personal case I don't think I would be willing to take oral AA's. I understand why many people do it tho, because I know what the pain of losing your hair is. It is like being betrayed by your own body, but that rout is simply not for me at the moment.

I value my manliness not because I am "macho" or whatever, but because it is the aesthetic I feel most comfortable with. Having a beard, going to the gym, etc is part of what I like about myself. If i had to choose between being a bald guy or a hair system wearer or a very skinny and feminine guy I think I would choose the first one, although both options are less than ideal for me and this is just a matter of personal preference.

Sorry for sharing part of my journey on your threat Solxama, definitely still here to check on your progress and learn more about different approaches to hair loss because I think it is fascinating.

Wish you all the best and will be looking forward to more updates on your experiment!

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I totally get your point, and would definitely agree with you in most cases when it comes to the hair loss industry. But what sold me with this doctor is that he told me I was not a candidate for a hair transplant any time soon because I had too much hair!

He also said that in the future, if a transplant was needed I could simply get one with good results, but that he thought I would need one in 10 years or so. This doctor was most certainly not trying to sell me anything, as a matter of fact, he told me to come back in a year! so he is not even interested in me paying for more visits. He also admitted that PRP made no sense if I was taking dutasteride.

A lot of people have been telling me my hair hasn't worsened in the last two years, that in fact it has gotten better with my current regimen. So I think I am obsessing a little too much. I just want to take a break with all of this horrible obsession right now, mostly because I still have kind of okay hair and reading all day about different novel treatment and taking selfies is preventing me from enjoying my 20's.

I am not really aiming for perfect hair, and in my personal case I don't think I would be willing to take oral AA's. I understand why many people do it tho, because I know what the pain of losing your hair is. It is like being betrayed by your own body, but that rout is simply not for me at the moment.

I value my manliness not because I am "macho" or whatever, but because it is the aesthetic I feel most comfortable with. Having a beard, going to the gym, etc is part of what I like about myself. If i had to choose between being a bald guy or a hair system wearer or a very skinny and feminine guy I think I would choose the first one, although both options are less than ideal for me and this is just a matter of personal preference.

Sorry for sharing part of my journey on your threat Solxama, definitely still here to check on your progress and learn more about different approaches to hair loss because I think it is fascinating.

Wish you all the best and will be looking forward to more updates on your experiment!
It's good you found a truly honest doctor then. Most are not these days, so I'm happy for you.

And please don't think I'm trying to stop you from valuing your masculinity. I tried to value mine but it just didn't work, but I'm not a typical cis male, I have dysphoria over things like facial hair etc. Also going to the gym made me depressed. It's not that I hate exercise, in fact I love it, it's just the lifting and masculine culture that surround it I hate. In my exercises I focus more on leg and lower body workouts, plus cardio.

All I am trying to say is that I know the pain of hair loss, and I want to stop anybody I can from going through what I went through. But if your hair is good, then just continue your regimen and let's hope it works for maintaining. Also I know my regimen is extreme for like 95% of men, but then there are the few who my story may inspire, just like @bridgeburn and others who tried HRT inspired me.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's been two weeks since I started HRT, so it's time for another weekly report.

2 weeks on HRT :

*Effects on Hair :
- I have noticed the small white hairs on my temples are getting longer, last week I was hesitant, but now I'm sure these are the first effects of my
regimen. The hairs are still too small to capture on camera, but as soon as they are visible enough I will post pictures.

*Other effects:
-My libido went up for a few days after starting Bica, but since Friday it has gone down by a lot. I would say It's finally at the level I want it. The horrible "itch" that has bothered me since puberty is finally gone.
-My skin is starting to feel softer and is less oily.
-My sleep quality has become even better, although I do feel more tired during the day, but this could be because of Bica blocking Androgen receptors.
-My dreams are still very vivid.
-My brain seems to be working better, I can think and do things better without random or intrusive thoughts getting in the way.
-It seems I can smell things better, and the world has become more colorful, but this could be placebo due to euphoria from the other effects.
-My left nipple has gotten minimally puffier and it hurts a bit when pressing it.

I do however have an issue that is making me a bit anxious, that is weak stomach pain and annoying digestive problems that started on Friday. I've heard and read a lot about Bica being heavy on the liver, and although my liver functions test before starting this regimen shown that it is in perfect health, I am still worried as the pain is mostly on the upper right side of the Abdomen. This is why I have booked a liver functions blood test that I aim to take as soon as possible, on the nearest appointment I can get during the next two weeks. If my results are good, I will continue taking Bica, if not I might have to look into modifying my regimen.

dutasteridenonresponder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's been two weeks since I started HRT, so it's time for another weekly report.

2 weeks on HRT :

*Effects on Hair :
- I have noticed the small white hairs on my temples are getting longer, last week I was hesitant, but now I'm sure these are the first effects of my
regimen. The hairs are still too small to capture on camera, but as soon as they are visible enough I will post pictures.

*Other effects:
-My libido went up for a few days after starting Bica, but since Friday it has gone down by a lot. I would say It's finally at the level I want it. The horrible "itch" that has bothered me since puberty is finally gone.
-My skin is starting to feel softer and is less oily.
-My sleep quality has become even better, although I do feel more tired during the day, but this could be because of Bica blocking Androgen receptors.
-My dreams are still very vivid.
-My brain seems to be working better, I can think and do things better without random or intrusive thoughts getting in the way.
-It seems I can smell things better, and the world has become more colorful, but this could be placebo due to euphoria from the other effects.
-My left nipple has gotten minimally puffier and it hurts a bit when pressing it.

I do however have an issue that is making me a bit anxious, that is weak stomach pain and annoying digestive problems that started on Friday. I've heard and read a lot about Bica being heavy on the liver, and although my liver functions test before starting this regimen shown that it is in perfect health, I am still worried as the pain is mostly on the upper right side of the Abdomen. This is why I have booked a liver functions blood test that I aim to take as soon as possible, on the nearest appointment I can get during the next two weeks. If my results are good, I will continue taking Bica, if not I might have to look into modifying my regimen.

You should take milk thistle, is a supplement you can buy anywhere and protects the liver from damage caused by meds.

Otherwise seems like your regime is going to be pretty successful if you can halt the nipple puffiness from developing into full gyno, there are some meds designed to block estrogen activity in that area, can't remember the name right now tho.

looking forward to those progress pics when they come!

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should take milk thistle, is a supplement you can buy anywhere and protects the liver from damage caused by meds.

Otherwise seems like your regime is going to be pretty successful if you can halt the nipple puffiness from developing into full gyno, there are some meds designed to block estrogen activity in that area, can't remember the name right now tho.

looking forward to those progress pics when they come!
Thanks for the info about milk thistle, I might try it if my liver functions test comes back with some issues.

As for the gyno, I don't really care much anymore. My strategy is to keep thin and eat well so no excessive fat goes into the breasts. Before starting I did think of SERM's, but one they cost a lot and two they might not be beneficial for hair. I can live with up to B cups using a bra, if it somehow get's worse then that I will think about what to do. But basically for me hair is more important then boobs. If it happens it happens.

I might also reduce my E2 dose to 5mg day as despite my calculations for my supply of Estrogel lasting for a year, it seems to be going quickly. My bottles are transparent so I can see how much I have left. With AAs it should still be a large enough dose to keep my E2 levels high.

Edit : I got my liver functions blood test appointment for next Thursday. That will be over 2 weeks on Bica, so it should show if my liver is doing ok.

Also here are some pics, I managed to capture the little white hairs on camera using a mirror and my phone's main camera!

IMG_20210907_134647.jpg
-Picture of my temple with no modifications

zoom.png
-Zoomed, you can see the little hairs!

marked.png
-Picture of the other temple, with little white hairs marked.

These results are so fast, it's only been 15 days on HRT and already something is happening!

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about milk thistle, I might try it if my liver functions test comes back with some issues.

As for the gyno, I don't really care much anymore. My strategy is to keep thin and eat well so no excessive fat goes into the breasts. Before starting I did think of SERMS, but one they cost a lot and two they might not be beneficial for hair. I can live with up to B cups using a bra, if it somehow get's worse then that I will think about what to do. But basically for me hair is more important then boobs. If it happens it happens.

I might also reduce my E2 dose to 5mg day as despite my calculations for my supply of Estrogel lasting for a year, it seems to be going quickly. My bottles are transparent so I can see how much I have left. With AAs it should still be a large enough dose to keep my E2 levels high.

Edit : I got my liver functions blood test appointment for next Thursday. That will be after 2 weeks on Bica, so it should show if my liver is doing ok.

Also here are some pics, I managed to capture the little white hairs on camera using a mirror and my phone's main camera!

View attachment 168931
-Picture of my temple with no modifications

View attachment 168932
-Zoomed, you can see the little hairs!

View attachment 168933
-Picture of the other temple, with little white hairs marked.

These results are so fast, it's only been 15 days on HRT and already something is happening!
I have lost 20 pounds since backing off my oral min dosage of 25mg daily. So that's sort of anecdotal information.

Lamentably, my boobs are not getting any smaller and they look even more prominent on a slender, petite figure than when I was fat. For many MtF's, losing weight does make breasts less prominent but it depends upon how they "sink" into the chest. But if I go down to my goal of 55 kilos, my last male weight, they are going to be way more noticeable than on some big fat XY just in it for the hair.

I don't want to have them removed, ever, Goddess knows. I don't even want a reduction cause I like them! The shame of an XY with breasts/enjoying them is great. It helps provide ballast for walking and our walking postures can still change regardless of age due to differences in ligaments, tendons, collagen and cartilage but not bone apparently to any noticeable or measurable extent. I didn't test much until my hair had already begun to recover but you probably will want testing to verify your thoughts and hypotheses plus that way you can show what looked like at which hormonal interval.

Janey

Janey

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have lost 20 pounds since backing off my oral min dosage of 25mg daily. So that's sort of anecdotal information.

Lamentably, my boobs are not getting any smaller and they look even more prominent on a slender, petite figure than when I was fat. For many MtF's, losing weight does make breasts less prominent but it depends upon how they "sink" into the chest. But if I go down to my goal of 55 kilos, my last male weight, they are going to be way more noticeable than on some big fat XY just in it for the hair.

I don't want to have them removed, ever, Goddess knows. I don't even want a reduction cause I like them! The shame of an XY with breasts/enjoying them is great. It helps provide ballast for walking and our walking postures can still change regardless of age due to differences in ligaments, tendons, collagen and cartilage but not bone apparently to any noticeable or measurable extent. I didn't test much until my hair had already begun to recover but you probably will want testing to verify your thoughts and hypotheses plus that way you can show what looked like at which hormonal interval.

Janey

Janey
Maybe I'll also like them, I'm not saying that's not a possibility, I'll just have to wait and see. My biggest concern with breast growth is hiding it from others, especially my family, but if they notice I got a good cover story. Gyno due to hormonal imbalance.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I'll also like them, I'm not saying that's not a possibility, I'll just have to wait and see. My biggest concern with breast growth is hiding it from others, especially my family, but if they notice I got a good cover story. Gyno due to hormonal imbalance.
True because nobody wants to know about that or talk about it since it embarrasses everyone. I have struggled not to blurt everything out since I suppose I feel misleading or something or in terms of wanting people to understand dysphoria. It staggered me, regardless of my ultimate choices. What seemed to be an immediate decline in looks and worth came as my children got older. I hope no one I know ever ventures on here because they don't want to know such things assuming they interact with me again in the future.

But a lot is circular because if I had gotten early treatment, I could have perhaps avoided bottoming out. Remember for my generation, this is steeped in shame and humiliation as is wearing a dress, the worst fear of many/most males. The idea that someone presenting as male, should have breasts is not a choice that society views except with shame. Remember the Meat Loaf character from Fight Club and how pathetic to me, he looked with huge matronly boobs while crying. Few get matronly breasts at least. Not to mention, Norton and Pitt parallel an MtF failing in love with her image as a female. If you start looking good, you might look better conceivably as if not female, then femme. Janey's the kind that wears lipstick, Will notes.

I have had so many premonitions during my life that I am trying to figure out what is superstitious and what is just an expression of my super ego but like Willis in the Sixth Sense, in reverse, they look like definite omens/premonitions as was my final decision to enter an HRT clinic. I eased in but once it worked, I can never look back. I could go back for short periods literally for male intercourse with someone I love but I can't go back to the mind-set so people who are anti-doing this for hair, I do agree that the mindset might be addictive.

Janey

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
True because nobody wants to know about that or talk about it since it embarrasses everyone. I have struggled not to blurt everything out since I suppose I feel misleading or something or in terms of wanting people to understand dysphoria. It staggered me, regardless of my ultimate choices. What seemed to be an immediate decline in looks and worth came as my children got older. I hope no one I know ever ventures on here because they don't want to know such things assuming they interact with me again in the future.

But a lot is circular because if I had gotten early treatment, I could have perhaps avoided bottoming out. Remember for my generation, this is steeped in shame and humiliation as is wearing a dress, the worst fear of many/most males. The idea that someone presenting as male, should have breasts is not a choice that society views except with shame. Remember the Meat Loaf character from Fight Club and how pathetic to me, he looked with huge matronly boobs while crying. Few get matronly breasts at least. Not to mention, Norton and Pitt parallel an MtF failing in love with her image as a female. If you start looking good, you might look better conceivably as if not female, then femme. Janey's the kind that wears lipstick, Will notes.

I have had so many premonitions during my life that I am trying to figure out what is superstitious and what is just an expression of my super ego but like Willis in the Sixth Sense, in reverse, they look like definite omens/premonitions as was my final decision to enter an HRT clinic. I eased in but once it worked, I can never look back. I could go back for short periods literally for male intercourse with someone I love but I can't go back to the mind-set so people who are anti-doing this for hair, I do agree that the mindset might be addictive.

Janey
Yeah, that is pretty unfair how society wants males to present. Like there are men who have gyno because of genetics, hormonal imbalances, prostate cancer treatment, lifestyle issues etc. Why make fun out of them, it's cruel. And why is it so frowned upon to want to look cute and feminine as a biological male? It's so stupid, but what can we do? All that can be done is to hope this will change at some point. Younger generations seem to be more open to gender nonconformity, at least in the west, so maybe it will become more normalized in the future.

And yes, I hope that nobody who knows me in real life ever finds out what I'm writing on here. That's why I don't show my face. I am more open about my thoughts now since I left my country as nobody will travel to the UK just to insult me, but still I prefer to be careful. The only person in real life that fully knows what I'm doing is my best friend, she's very cool. Although she too was raised in the same conservative town and country as I was, she's very open minded and supportive. We've known each other since we were kids, so it's a friendship that has been through a lot.

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Solxama
I hope everything goes well, and wish you achieve your desired results!
Take a look here as well if you have some spare time.
These are pretty good articles regarding Bicalutamide.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Solxama
I hope everything goes well, and wish you achieve your desired results!
Take a look here as well if you have some spare time.
These are pretty good articles regarding Bicalutamide.
I already found those articles and read them before starting Bica. But still, thanks for the reply :)

Yeah with Bica, I'm going to reduce the dose to 1 pill per 2 days, thereby having a daily uptake of 25mg taking in account the long half life. I will also lower my dose of E2 down to 5mg, and apply a low amount of this dose to the scrotum to keep my Androgens blocked with the reduced dose of Bica and to economise on gel, at least for now.

I know I should not be making changes so early into my regimen, but the reason for this is that I had a very bad night today, I felt ill, weak and I was sweating like a pig. Also my stomach felt like it could literally explode from gas. I won't stop taking Bica until my liver functions blood test, but I am starting to suspect my body doesn't like this medication. It's also definitely not nocebo, as I never had these kinds of problems with other medication. If the test shows anything out of the ordinary, I will stop Bica and switch to 12.5mg CPA, I have already found an online pharmacy that sells it with reasonable shipping times.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I already found those articles and read them before starting Bica. But still, thanks for the reply :)

Yeah with Bica, I'm going to reduce the dose to 1 pill per 2 days, thereby having a daily uptake of 25mg taking in account the long half life. I will also lower my dose of E2 down to 5mg, and apply a low amount of this dose to the scrotum to keep my Androgens blocked with the reduced dose of Bica and to economise on gel, at least for now.

I know I should not be making changes so early into my regimen, but the reason for this is that I had a very bad night today, I felt ill, weak and I was sweating like a pig. Also my stomach felt like it could literally explode from gas. I won't stop taking Bica until my liver functions blood test, but I am starting to suspect my body doesn't like this medication. It's also definitely not nocebo, as I never had these kinds of problems with other medication. If the test shows anything out of the ordinary, I will stop Bica and switch to 12.5mg CPA, I have already found an online pharmacy that sells it with reasonable shipping times.
I haven't used bica but for me, spironolactone plus estradiol was far more debilitating strength-wise and fatique-wise than estradiol alone but in higher dosages.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't used bica but for me, spironolactone plus estradiol was far more debilitating strength-wise and fatique-wise than estradiol alone but in higher dosages.
Yeah, spironolactone is known for its bad side effects. In my case it's not feeling weak or fatigue that worries me the most, it's the stomach issues. Bica seems pretty safe but still it can have a bad effect on the liver, so I want to be safe.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm dropping the Bica. What was happening is 100% a adverse liver reaction.Yesterday my eyes started turning yellow on the sides. Although the risk with Bica is low, I might have been a prime candidate for this kind of reaction. My heavy drinking in the past probably made my liver sensitive and weak. I thought it should no longer be an issue since I stopped drinking over 1.5 years ago, but I was wrong.

As for my further course of action, I will do a blood test next week to be sure that the damage is not too severe and if everything is ok I will switch to 12.5mg CPA. If the results are bad, I will buy more transdermal and do monotherapy. For now I am continuing to use Estrogel adding scrotal application to one of my daily doses.

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some more pics after 20 days on HRT, things are only getting better!

marked.png
-My temple. In the marked area real hair has started growing.

zoom.png
-Zoomed in, small real hairs are visible.

IMG_20210911_140359.jpgIMG_20210911_140632.jpg
- Pictures of my crown, bald areas are much smaller. The last time it looked like this was at about 20-21 years of age, so nearly 4 years ago.