My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.docdroid.net/QoRiCgh/101080-at-0916845120181518705.pdf

Interesting points:

- Works synergistically with minoxidil
- It is a very potent anti-oxidant
- Vasodilator
- MPST expression in hf, leading to h2s
- googles h2s and mitochondria, it is very beneficial for it (ie https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22323590) and we all remember this study showing mitochondrial function being very important for hair (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4860312/ , https://www.nature.com/articles/s41419-018-0765-9 , https://www.nature.com/articles/ncb3575)
- it fights calcification, for some ppl this still seems to be a thing. (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...eset-scalp-calcification.113395/#post-1650117)
- It is an extremely cheap substance (15 bucks/kg)

Maybe some ppl wanna give it a try?

Last edited:

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find dude where do we buy ?

Ebay, amazon, preferly some local chem trader who sells to customers at highest quality?

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Sodium thiosulphate has similar pharmacological activity to Nizoral. People use it topically for the treatment of pityriasis versicolor, which is a type of fungal infection that covers your body and causes skin discolouration.

If you're already using Nizoral shampoo in your regimen, you wouldn't need this.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped nizoral and minoxidil couple of months ago after 2years of use and I had no shedding so it looks like it did not do jack after all...
now about this Sodium Thiosulfate: It looks interesting.
"without potential adverse effects" that's already a good point.
as desmond said it's being used for pityriasis versicolor but in higher concetration (25%)
here they say 10% Sodium Thiosulfate in 50% alcohol / 50% distilled water,
what form should it be? 7772-98-7 or 10102-17-7

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sodium thiosulphate has similar pharmacological activity to Nizoral. People use it topically for the treatment of pityriasis versicolor, which is a type of fungal infection that covers your body and causes skin discolouration.

If you're already using Nizoral shampoo in your regimen, you wouldn't need this.

They are two totally different molecules. Stop making things up. They are not the same just cause they are used to treat in one case the same medical condition. Nizoral works in Androgenetic Alopecia as antiandrogen and slowing down pgd2 but sadly also pge2. It should be more than obvious that they got a complete different mechanism.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dropped nizoral and minoxidil couple of months ago after 2years of use and I had no shedding so it looks like it did not do jack after all...
now about this Sodium Thiosulfate: It looks interesting.
"without potential adverse effects" that's already a good point.
as desmond said it's being used for pityriasis versicolor but in higher concetration (25%)
here they say 10% Sodium Thiosulfate in 50% alcohol / 50% distilled water,
what form should it be? 7772-98-7 or 10102-17-7

Yeah, you were probably not a minoxidil responder. ketoconazole should always work unless it does not penetrate sufficiently which is the key issue as shampoo.

Not sure what form is being used. My chemtrader offers only the anhydrous form with 97 purity. So i will likely to go with the pentahydrate.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, you were probably not a minoxidil responder. ketoconazole should always work unless it does not penetrate sufficiently which is the key issue as shampoo.

Not sure what form is being used. My chemtrader offers only the anhydrous form with 97 purity. So i will likely to go with the pentahydrate.

I was using the 2% nizoral... 3 times a week : ) and I let it sit 7-8 minutes.. I could not do more than this. But since I stopped them both I use ceti and I think it helped big time with maintenance / sebum control. The problem as always is regrowth

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using the 2% nizoral... 3 times a week : ) and I let it sit 7-8 minutes.. I could not do more than this. But since I stopped them both I use ceti and I think it helped big time with maintenance / sebum control. The problem as always is regrowth

Just checking... you mean Topical Seti?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checking... you mean Topical Seti?
no I meant cetirizine. It's not the cure we are looking Iguess .it won't give crazy amount of regrowth but I'm sure it controls sebum (linked with inflammation) which is important. and for such a price it's quite a bargain that's why I keep using it

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That's not enough. Originally I used it also only as Shampoo. But following on of the studies, the massaged it in for like three minutes, and then left it 10min.

On German forums ppl mix it with ethanol, or other topical like minoxidil and leave it in for up to one has our. Some out even plastic foil over it do it won't try too fast. Some make even a lotion from the keto cream for leave in.

But yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of it either.

I also use cetirizine right now twice a day. I am also trying to get a misoprostol gb started on private forums as it is more stable and cheaper than the current form of pge.

You could also buy 200mcg tabs from alldaychemist and make a topical of it.

But again, for regrowth wounding is also substantial together with an entire agonist like licl, vpa, way, or that cxxc peptide. Otherwise we don't have many options to get those missing progenitor cells back to our otherwise intact hair follicle.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
misoprostol is a PGE1 analogue not PGE2

Did you see a number behind the pge?

It is a pge1 analogue, pge2 agonist and in another study it did downregulate 15-pgdh Gene expression. Considering it being cheaper and more stable than pge2 is very interesting to try.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you see a number behind the pge?

It is a pge1 analogue, pge2 agonist and in another study it did downregulate 15-pgdh Gene expression. Considering it being cheaper and more stable than pge2 is very interesting to try.

well actually you just want to try what brotzu used in his original formula : ) we already know it's safe so why not...

Rzuty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ebay, amazon, preferly some local chem trader who sells to customers at highest quality?

Thiosulfate solution is available on Amazon EU at .1 mol/l which works out at 15% I believe.
Looks tempting, has anyone been experimenting?

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m pretty much convinced it works after about a month of using this and eliminating literally everything else(Pig lard, Keto shampoo, LLLT, finasteride, microneedling, massage, baicalin).

I give this a lot of credit. I took high doses of fisetin around this time too.

SOMETHING really worked. I really doubt it was finasteride at all. I’m not gonna go into too much detail, but I’ve been shedding on finasteride for years. Only with STS, fisetin, and pig lard did it ever stop. And it stopped immediately.

I took a break on treatments because I used toppik with a haircut and my hairline looked great for a couple weeks. Now it’s back at it with my whole protocol.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m pretty much convinced it works after about a month of using this and eliminating literally everything else(Pig lard, Keto shampoo, LLLT, finasteride, microneedling, massage, baicalin).

I give this a lot of credit. I took high doses of fisetin around this time too.

SOMETHING really worked. I really doubt it was finasteride at all. I’m not gonna go into too much detail, but I’ve been shedding on finasteride for years. Only with STS, fisetin, and pig lard did it ever stop. And it stopped immediately.

I took a break on treatments because I used toppik with a haircut and my hairline looked great for a couple weeks. Now it’s back at it with my whole protocol
Sorry, what is STS?