Sodium Thiosulfate: A Way To Reset Scalp Calcification?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plenty of people use K2 with minoxidil, dutasteride, needling.....

Yes i have read about it before, never tried it though so unsure how effective it is, not really seen many good results from other people either. Like i said though, was cheap so worth a try.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed; but neither study applied topically:

'[...] we hypothesize that IVSTS [intravenous sodium thiosulfate] plays a role in abnormal bone density in calciphylaxis patients.'

'Sodium thiosulfate administration
Sodium thiosulfate (Köhler Chemie GmbH, Alsbach, Germany) was diluted 1:3 with normal (0.9%) saline and given i.p. [intraperitoneal injection] three times a week in a dosage derived from STS usage in humans (0.4 g/kg body weight).15,16 STS treatment was started after 2 weeks of adenine diet in the ET group and after 4 weeks in the LT group, resulting in a total treatment duration of 8 and 6 weeks, respectively (Figure 1). NUC animals were also treated with STS for 6 weeks. Control (UC) animals received normal saline i.p.'

I find these things quite a worry too:

'So-called “hardening of the arteries” leads to raised blood pressure and ultimately is a significant risk factor for thrombosis and cardiac disease. The hardening process is in fact calcification of the blood vessel tissues with the same mineral form as in bone, a calcium phosphate related to mineral hydroxyapatite.'

'Side effects may include vomiting, joint pain, mood changes, psychosis, and ringing in the ears.[2]'

Great; we might go mad with holes in our heads.
Suddenly impotence doesn't seem so bad. o_O:eek:
So basically it's minoxidil but even worse.

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically it's minoxidil but even worse.

Or even the new Benoxaprofen.

giphy.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Update December 5th, 2020

FYI, I've just rubbed this folly in (with a disposable nitrile glove) to a small region of my hairline.

1 gram small STS crystals, dissolved in 9 grams cold cream (Pond's brand); very thoroughly mixed and weighed on a digital precision scale.

I've yet to decide upon an application frequency ... maybe twice a week to begin with.

what-hell-looks-like.gif

Last edited: