Social phobia and hair loss

MrBald

Reaction score
Anyone who got social phobia due to hair loss?

The older I get the more clear I see that the root of my social anxiety/phobia is my hair loss.

shookwun

Reaction score
Anxiety, and social phobia go hand in hand with hair loss. Everyone is different, but most will experience it to varying degrees. Mild forms might include wearing a hat every where you go. Where as, an extreme case would be developing an avoidance personality.

I get it pretty bad man. On days where I feel bad about myself, I get very anxious in certain surroundings.

On other hand, when I feel good, it's a walk in the park. Life is easy as pie... I suddenly am a man of words, and have a charismatic over load.

MrBald

Reaction score
What have we done to deserve this.... On top of my ****ing hair loss I also have crocked teeths and a ****ing overbite/slightly recessed chin.
I hate to see myself on pictures or dressing up. It feels like I am cursed to be depressed and have social phobia for the rest of my life. Because I have really tried to accept my hairloss but it only gets harder. And if I see a picture someone has taken on me I get so ****ing bitter and angry.

Don't know why I am writing this here, just ranting i guess. Some evenings its really hard to cope with this.

- - - Updated - - -

I shall go and see a hypnotist, I hope he can help me learn to accept my situation.

MrBald

Reaction score
I 100% understand you friend. I haven't taken a picture of myself in years and only look at the mirror to see how worse my balding is getting. Just thank your lucky stars you don't have to go to highschool as a balding boy. Let me assure there are few things worse than being surrounded by NW1s all the time. I see how happy and excited they are for life and I'm basically living as a 40 year old man worrying that people will see over my comb over!

Thanks, only the ones that self have been the victims of this can fully understand. It must be hard for you, I totally understand. My balding as a matter of fact started when I was 15, I am 30 now, so I can relate to your situation. I hope you can cope with this better than I did/do. I have been hiding under caps/hats the last 15 years, I don't recommend that. Try to accept yourself bald, its the only way i guess.

MrBald

Reaction score
Thanks man really appreciate your advice. Ever considered a hair transplant?

Yes I will do hair transplant combined with SMP, but I can't afford it right now. Got to fix my teeths/jaw first, and that may take a while.

How about you? Have you considered hair transplant?

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On days where I feel bad about myself, I get very anxious in certain surroundings.

On other hand, when I feel good, it's a walk in the park. Life is easy as pie... I suddenly am a man of words, and have a charismatic over load.

I experience highs and lows too, shookwun. Sometimes I think I'm bipolar.

shookwun

Reaction score
I experience highs and lows too, shookwun. Sometimes I think I'm bipolar.

I found your solution.

[video=youtube;PR4jroI9hck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4jroI9hck&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I will do hair transplant combined with SMP, but I can't afford it right now. Got to fix my teeths/jaw first, and that may take a while.

How about you? Have you considered hair transplant?

You should focus on getting braces and then getting hair transplant/SMP. Having clearly defined goals within your power to achieve will do wonders for your mindset.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I get it pretty bad man. On days where I feel bad about myself, I get very anxious in certain surroundings.

Me also. My confidence is so up and down. Sometimes my mood is directly liked to my hair! On a bad hair day when I can't cover the thinning/receding bits I feel like **** but on a good day and my hair loss doesn't look too bad I feel over the moon!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Me also. My confidence is so up and down. Sometimes my mood is directly liked to my hair! On a bad hair day when I can't cover the thinning/receding bits I feel like **** but on a good day and my hair loss doesn't look too bad I feel over the moon!
I can relate to this very well.

jd_uk

Reaction score
You should focus on getting braces and then getting hair transplant/SMP. Having clearly defined goals within your power to achieve will do wonders for your mindset.

Unless like a lot of people here you have an element of BDD in which case they say even 'fixing' those things isn't going to make you more content.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found your solution.

[video=youtube;PR4jroI9hck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4jroI9hck&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Micro Links are extensions, and I shed too much hair every day, so that's not an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless like a lot of people here you have an element of BDD in which case they say even 'fixing' those things isn't going to make you more content.

That's true. I've had a few things "fixed", but still I obsess over other things. Middle age and hair loss, I must say, have affected me the most. My husband tells me to just get one thing done, but one thing won't make a big difference to me. And now that I'm older, there are things that just cannot be fixed.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have. I honestly used to want to be out ALL THE TIME.
The problem in my case is (as Ivev stated multiple times) Im the ONLY one in my family and friends who have hair loss. SO I went from being the best looking, most charming, funny guy in the group to an odd looking miserable kunt most of the time.
I have always had a bad temper but when hair loss really set in it became way worse. I would think anything was an attack at me and get overly defensive. Not towards my friends but to strangers. I would become very arrogant towards females because in my head I knew I no longer had a shot so I just decided to be a dick head. I would be a butthole to attractive girls because I knew they would have no interest in me and a bigger butthole to less attractive girls because in my head they were now associating with me because they "thought they had a shot" with the guy who works out because hes balding.
I was actually a MUCH NICER and humble person with hair. I think when the loss set in I became WAY more jaded and felt I needed to overcompensate everyone else was inferior to me in SOME way and mostly it was by making other people feel bad or dumb about themselves.
Ive mellowed back out in the past couple years but Ill never be "like I was". That person is gone. Im a strong mix of misery, sarcasm and complacency. Drown yourself in hobbies and forget the outside world. Hope one of those hobbies makes you RICH and then you can rejoin the scenes you left behind.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem in my case is (as Ivev stated multiple times) Im the ONLY one in my family and friends who have hair loss. SO I went from being the best looking, most charming, funny guy in the group to an odd looking miserable kunt most of the time.
I have always had a bad temper but when hair loss really set in it became way worse. I would think anything was an attack at me and get overly defensive. Not towards my friends but to strangers. I would become very arrogant towards females because in my head I knew I no longer had a shot so I just decided to be a dick head. I would be a butthole to attractive girls because I knew they would have no interest in me and a bigger butthole to less attractive girls because in my head they were now associating with me because they "thought they had a shot" with the guy who works out because hes balding.
I was actually a MUCH NICER and humble person with hair. I think when the loss set in I became WAY more jaded and felt I needed to overcompensate everyone else was inferior to me in SOME way and mostly it was by making other people feel bad or dumb about themselves.
Ive mellowed back out in the past couple years but Ill never be "like I was". That person is gone. Im a strong mix of misery, sarcasm and complacency. Drown yourself in hobbies and forget the outside world. Hope one of those hobbies makes you RICH and then you can rejoin the scenes you left behind.
goddamn dem feels brah

i relate so hardcore man you dont even know. especially the crippled ego part

i literally fantasize most of the day just to make up for feeling inferior. and im pretty much always thinking about who is better and what being "better" means

ive gone kinda cuckoo from baldness lol

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
goddamn dem feels brah

i relate so hardcore man you dont even know. especially the crippled ego part

i literally fantasize most of the day just to make up for feeling inferior. and im pretty much always thinking about who is better and what being "better" means

ive gone kinda cuckoo from baldness lol

Well the hair transplant helped me out massively. Im not back to being a really good looking guy anymore, its not magic nor gives you back your youthful hairline but at least Im not constantly paranoid about wind or my haircuts being awful constantly. I just did my 1 year and front looks good, back looks worse (crown). I was debating on trying finasteride again. I can get pre made 1mg tablets of generic finasteride. A years worth for like 60$ from the place i get the topical solution from. Im just super scared of it still TBH.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score

Nice post. Me in a nutshell.

So you never tried finasteride? or u got on it and had sides? You got a hair transplant, what Norwood were you? FUT OR FUE? What Norwood are you now?

I've been too scared to try finasteride/dutasteride as well but I am saving up for a FUT hair transplant.

Sweeping

Reaction score
Nice post. Me in a nutshell.

So you never tried finasteride? or u got on it and had sides? You got a hair transplant, what Norwood were you? FUT OR FUE? What Norwood are you now?

I've been too scared to try finasteride/dutasteride as well but I am saving up for a FUT hair transplant.
You're such a f*cking pussy

Sweeping

Reaction score
Or maybe he's smart and he's saving himself a painful and expensive (depending on where he lives) gyno surgery.

It's a personal choice, and I also listened to my doctors, and they're not idiot here in Belgium.

And both of them (dermatologist and GP) were against using hormonal drugs for a cosmetic issue.

But I understand men who take finasteride and have no problem with it. Not only would I get boobs it, but I would also become paranoid.
Just sounds like another way of saying how much of a pussy you are too.

Sweeping

Reaction score
I developed drug-induced gynecomastia, had to undergo anesthesia twice to get it done, and I suffered for 1 month after that.

I also had PRK surgery for my myopia, extremely painful too. Without mentioning my FUE that took 17 hours to be completed.

Who's the pussy again? You probably aren't even taking finasteride yourself. Troll.
Hold up, let me try to find my f*cks.
You're right, I'm not taking Finasteride. I'm taking dutasteride. Anything else you would like to say to me? I can pretend to care for a few more posts or so.