So should I buy Mac or Windows??

Cassin

Reaction score
I guess by over rated I mean sometimes when I read stuff about Mac's some people seem to have blinders on and ignore everything bad about the Mac.

A massive problem with PC's IMO is the crap bundle software that comes already installed on the computer. First thing I do when I get a laptop is I wipe it all out by installing the actual Microsoft OS disk that comes with the computer. I do the same for my parents when I set them up and it seems to stop a lot of problems....I haven't had a "technical support" call from my mom in a long time... :woot:

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

I would put a lot of weight in what you use right now.

I suspect you're currently using a Windows based system and If you're already using Windows and get on well with it, stick with it unless you have a clear reason to switch to a Mac (just curiosity is not really a reason).

The Mac OS and hardware is are fine examples of hardware and software design, but on far too many occasions it feels like I'm trying to tie my shoe laces with an oven mitt on my hands. By simplifying *everything* it often feels really dumbed down.

On the other hand as Windows has to support a vastly wider range of hardware and is subject to the whims of the laptop vendors as to what pieces of useless crap they will stuff onto the hard drive with the OS, Windows can often feel somewhat "wobbly".

Personally, I would go with a good quality Windows based Laptop if that is what you're used to, and buy if from a smaller local vendor where you can request a clean build and no "free" trial crap be installed.

Hope this helps :)