So Should I Admit I’m Balding Or Have Hope That This Is Telogen Effluvium?

Is this Male pattern baldness?

• Yes, it’s Male pattern baldness?

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No, it’s Telogen effluvium

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

David C

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should mention that noticed this bald patch back in July while I was under severe stress. But my hair had been thin and rough for about 3 years now. But the bald patch just appeared this summer.

Alfinator

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks likes blatant male pattern baldness IMO. I'm sorry. If you want to be 99.99999% sure contact a dermatologist that's the only way to know for sure.

David C

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks likes blatant male pattern baldness IMO. I'm sorry. If you want to be 99.99999% sure contact a dermatologist that's the only way to know for sure.
It’s very diifcult to admit but I think you’re right. I have been treating it with natural remedies which I think are just placebo at this point. Should I get on rogaine?

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s very diifcult to admit but I think you’re right. I have been treating it with natural remedies which I think are just placebo at this point. Should I get on rogaine?
rogaine and finasteride. if you aint wanting to get on finasteride dont waste your money on rogaine!!!

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Diffused thinning. Repairable with finasteride and minoxidil I suppose.

Ninja Turtle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. To me, it looks more like Tellogen Effluvium. Your hairline is more dense than your top and you don’t have a bald spot. Just general thinning on the top. I would see a dermatologist to make sure. Are you on any meds that can cause Telogen Effluvium? Any iron, protein, vitamin deficiencies? Normal thyroid? It’s important to see a dermatologist to rule out these other causes. I’m on Dutasteride and thought I was still balding but it turns out that I had extreme Telogen Effluvium from my anxiety attacks. I’m not on anxiety meds and my hair is stabilizing. I would make an appointment to see a derm first, and then go from there.

What you can also do is a pull test. You can pull about 50 hairs with your index finger and thumb from the top of your head and sides. If you’re pulling out more than 5 hairs from the sides and the top then it’s probably Telogen Effluvium. Although AA causes hair to thin, it doesn’t cause excessive shedding. The problem with AA is that after each normal hair cycle the hair comes back minaturized.

David C

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man. To me, it looks more like Tellogen Effluvium. Your hairline is more dense than your top and you don’t have a bald spot. Just general thinning on the top. I would see a dermatologist to make sure. Are you on any meds that can cause Telogen Effluvium? Any iron, protein, vitamin deficiencies? Normal thyroid? It’s important to see a dermatologist to rule out these other causes. I’m on Dutasteride and thought I was still balding but it turns out that I had extreme Telogen Effluvium from my anxiety attacks. I’m not on anxiety meds and my hair is stabilizing. I would make an appointment to see a derm first, and then go from there.

What you can also do is a pull test. You can pull about 50 hairs with your index finger and thumb from the top of your head and sides. If you’re pulling out more than 5 hairs from the sides and the top then it’s probably Telogen Effluvium. Although AA causes hair to thin, it doesn’t cause excessive shedding. The problem with AA is that after each normal hair cycle the hair comes back minaturized.
So I had some blood test taken this past summer. My iron level was ok and vitamin D was definitely low. Also should mention I was under severe stress for a couple of weeks right before the this bald spot appeared. And my aniexty has gone bad ever since I noticed the thinning from the top

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I had some blood test taken this past summer. My iron level was ok and vitamin D was definitely low. Also should mention I was under severe stress for a couple of weeks right before the this bald spot appeared. And my aniexty has gone bad ever since I noticed the thinning from the top
Ninja is a bullshitter, he post crap to aid denialism; you're thinning.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
His type of hair loss is not standard male pattern baldness. It’s good to rule out every other cause before taking a drug.
Come back here when you recover from your telogen effluvium with pics.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
See my thread
You’re on meds so you’re not really naturally coming out of a Telogen Effluvium. Also, both pics look like you don’t have hair loss.