So, My Results With Finasteride After 6 Months ;) (pics)

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, amazing results man. I'm 31 and wish I had started about 3 years ago when I started noticing unusually high amount of hair shedding... instead I was scared and opted for a "one time PRP + ACell" treatment that was complete BS. Doctor told me I'd never need Finasteride LOL. This was me then: July 2016 - 28 years old
This is me now: June 2019 - 31 years old
Back part

Had my hair long as hell up til a week and a half ago. Didn't cut it for a whole year. Was sort of in denial. Boy did this buzz cut open my eyes...

What do you guys think my chances of reversing this destruction are? Even a year ago I had probably 30-40% more hair than I do now. In the past year my stress and anxiety have been through the roof for various reasons. I am about to pick up my first ever prescription of Propecia 1mg and also grab my dad's bottle of Kirkland minoxidil, buying a dermapen and already have an iRestore laser helmet and vitamins are pretty much set for the most part. Gonna get back to exercising too.

Derm I went to a few days ago said I have heavy diffuse male pattern baldness (duh).. + aggressive telogen effluvium due to all my chronic stress.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, amazing results man. I'm 31 and wish I had started about 3 years ago when I started noticing unusually high amount of hair shedding... instead I was scared and opted for a "one time PRP + ACell" treatment that was complete BS. Doctor told me I'd never need Finasteride LOL. This was me then: July 2016 - 28 years old
This is me now: June 2019 - 31 years old
Back part

Had my hair long as hell up til a week and a half ago. Didn't cut it for a whole year. Was sort of in denial. Boy did this buzz cut open my eyes...

What do you guys think my chances of reversing this destruction are? Even a year ago I had probably 30-40% more hair than I do now. In the past year my stress and anxiety have been through the roof for various reasons. I am about to pick up my first ever prescription of Propecia 1mg and also grab my dad's bottle of Kirkland minoxidil, buying a dermapen and already have an iRestore laser helmet and vitamins are pretty much set for the most part. Gonna get back to exercising too.

Derm I went to a few days ago said I have heavy diffuse male pattern baldness (duh).. + aggressive telogen effluvium due to all my chronic stress.

You should probably open your own thread, but give a try, it may be able to thicken your hair up. Your hairline seems intact but diffused, usually diffuse has a good end results should it work due to your hairline intact.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should probably open your own thread, but give a try, it may be able to thicken your hair up. Your hairline seems intact but diffused, usually diffuse has a good end results should it work due to your hairline intact.

Yeah I was going to start a thread, but I was writing out literally an essay and I realized I would bore most people. I'll probably cut it down to the important stuff, and create one soon, but this hair loss thing really got to me. My life has been a mess. I'm going to do all the treatments that are known to work, finasteride, minoxidil, dermarolling and also I have an iRestore helmet that I've been using for 6 months that I'll keep on using, I guess it can't hurt but I haven't had much success with it as of yet.

I hope that I can restore my hair since even the transplant doctor I was going to go to in Turkey told me I need to take finasteride or my operation will not be successful. My donor area is weakening by the minute, and I have severe seborrheic dermatitis. I'm pretty screwed from all directions.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to start a thread, but I was writing out literally an essay and I realized I would bore most people. I'll probably cut it down to the important stuff, and create one soon, but this hair loss thing really got to me. My life has been a mess. I'm going to do all the treatments that are known to work, finasteride, minoxidil, dermarolling and also I have an iRestore helmet that I've been using for 6 months that I'll keep on using, I guess it can't hurt but I haven't had much success with it as of yet.

I hope that I can restore my hair since even the transplant doctor I was going to go to in Turkey told me I need to take finasteride or my operation will not be successful. My donor area is weakening by the minute, and I have severe seborrheic dermatitis. I'm pretty screwed from all directions.

Have you ever tried the bald look?

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the bald look?

Yeah, I buzzed my head down very very short 2 weeks ago after having it shoulder length from not cutting it for a year. My head has a large lump on the back part towards the crown, basically in the vertex. 4 years ago I was pistol whipped around my head 5 times by two thugs that robbed me coming back home at night. My head never fully recovered and the bumps stayed.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I buzzed my head down very very short 2 weeks ago after having it shoulder length from not cutting it for a year. My head has a large lump on the back part towards the crown, basically in the vertex. 4 years ago I was pistol whipped around my head 5 times by two thugs that robbed me coming back home at night. My head never fully recovered and the bumps stayed.
Oh wow! Did you have dermatitis before that incident or did it occur after? Man, good thing you are alive!

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow! Did you have dermatitis before that incident or did it occur after? Man, good thing you are alive!

I think I might’ve had a minor itch but it was very far and few between. I’d never even notice it. After the incident my stress and anxiety have stuck around and every time I make some sort of change in my life since then I get an episode of chronic stress and every year that’s happened my hair has gotten worse and my scalp more inflamed. I also think I have DUPA. My hair above my ears isn’t growing and is patchy, and also at the nape I have severe diffuse as well. I couldn’t notice these when I had long hair but my itch is very strong on the back, sides and crown of the head. But it’s also in the front. It itches everywhere.
Thank you man, yeah it was a pretty scary night. I was also semi drunk from being out at a few bars and getting hit on the head by a gun several times hurt like hell, guess that pain pierces through any alcohol tolerance.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I might’ve had a minor itch but it was very far and few between. I’d never even notice it. After the incident my stress and anxiety have stuck around and every time I make some sort of change in my life since then I get an episode of chronic stress and every year that’s happened my hair has gotten worse and my scalp more inflamed. I also think I have DUPA. My hair above my ears isn’t growing and is patchy, and also at the nape I have severe diffuse as well. I couldn’t notice these when I had long hair but my itch is very strong on the back, sides and crown of the head. But it’s also in the front. It itches everywhere.
Thank you man, yeah it was a pretty scary night. I was also semi drunk from being out at a few bars and getting hit on the head by a gun several times hurt like hell, guess that pain pierces through any alcohol tolerance.
The hair above ears as well as the nape is very susceptible male pattern baldness. Not all male pattern baldness evolves symmetrical. I hope you will find tolerable regimen that also has results for you.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello my hair loss friends ;)

I'm still alive ;) I am currently satisfied. I'll never be a Norwood 1, but I don't care now either. I am satisfied with my current status. There are worse things in life.

Current status after 2 years and 8 months:

Unbenannt.jpg

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used the drug before. gave me a greasy face, pimples, a heavy spill. I want to use it again but I'm scared. Are these temporary? Or was it something called hypoandrogeniticy?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used the drug before. gave me a greasy face, pimples, a heavy spill. I want to use it again but I'm scared. Are these temporary? Or was it something called hypoandrogeniticy?
I suspect it's due to hormonal imbalance. I also suffered from oily face, cystic acne and pimple on my scalp when i first intoduced dutasteride to my body. Give it some time for your body to adapt to the change or get on retinoids if your acne is severe.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Amazing results, congratulations. I could only dream of results like this. Unfortunately for me, I have to consider taking dutasteride as the big 3 are failing me, but Im too afraid to do so. Nevertheless, these results are truly mind blowing.

Ahtasham

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, just finasteride and nothing else ;)
Quiting smoking helps? I smoke 3 or 5 cigeratte a day. I'm 19 years old and my all hairs on head became thin, I used Minoxidil 5% for a year and took 5 PRP sessions but my hair loss didn't stop and not a improvement during that treatment I added finesteride 1mg (6 months) but not seeing any result.