so my friend asked his girlfriend in front of me what she thought about hair loss

Nicksmith

Reaction score
Oh to be young; and stupid again...

Just because someone is in their late 30's does not mean they have stopped caring about their appearance. If you look at BackInTime's story you would see he has visible diffuse thinning that he is trying to do something about. If you can't support that, then YOU STFU and don't expect any support for your hairloss when you cry about how you can't get any or no one wants to be your friend and it is all because of your hair. Maybe it is because you are an ignorant jerk-off.

Mine started falling off in late 20s, those were depressing days and was not married till then, but by the time i tied the knot (31) the hair was back as i took medication for it. But i do not like taking medication my whole life!! Rogaine didnt help me but propecia did. I got my stuff from www.rx-mexonline.com I am thinking for hair transplant in the near future.

Cheers
Nick

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
Teenagers hate baldness. It is is the antithesis of everything they are about. Bald men are the enemy.

buckeyeblitz

Reaction score
Before I throw my opinion into things, I want you to ask yourself a few questions.

1. What percentage of information that comes out of a 17 year old's mouth can be taken for the gospel?
2. Do most human beings (especially women) know what they really want?
3. Do you think many of the replies you will receive on this forum are objective? Consider the demographic in which you are seeking your information.

I hope you will be smart enough to understand that the answer to all of these questions are 'no'. I'm 23 years old and I have been going bald since I was 20. I am now to the point where I buzz my head with no guard once per week. To call my hairline receded would be a drastic understatement. I am balder than just about every person my age, and that's a fact. It took me a long time to go through the stages of grief when it comes to hair loss. Like you, I was very angry for a long period of time, as well as depressed, and frankly very frightened at where it would ultimately take me.

While no combination of words I tell you will help ease your pain (and let's be honest, it IS painful to lose you hair at a young age), I can promise you that it does get easier, and there is solid evidence to back up that claim.

You have NO control over your hair loss. We can all sit here and cling to hope of hair restoration or finasteride/rogaine/dutasteride/snake oil/voodoomagictricks/shavingoffyourownpubesandglueingthemtoyourhead, but the truth is that it's going to happen one way or another. The amount of effort you put into your hair will never be reflected. You can around and worry about it all day and all night, but it's only going to fall out anyways. So what is the point? (easier said than done, but you will learn in time)

You have ALL of the control over other aspects of your life. Hell, you even have a say over the hair you have left! My advice would be to start buzzing your hair down to the point of stubble. I looked so much better with hair than I do with a buzz cut, but after a couple of weeks I actually started to like it. And the best part is, it really helps to keep you from getting depressed over hairs falling out (because you want notice them, being so short). You have control over how tan you are. You have control over how you smell. You have control over what your body looks like. You have control over your academics. You have control over your career. You can control over your sense of humour.

You have the control.

What women or even men say about hair loss is garbage man. I know this because I'm a bald 23 year old with a beautiful girlfriend, a bright career outlook, and a healthy body. I am no different from anyone on here. Nobody likes a sad, self depricating bald guy. Everyone loves optimistic, powerful, and confident people, regardless of how much hair they have on their head.

Get in the gym. Hit the books. Have fun with friends. Focus on what you can control.

Why would you focus all of your attention and efforts on something that:

1. You have NO control over.
2. You already know where it's going.

That's a recipe for stress and unhappiness. You cannot argue this logic. You know that focusing efforts elsewhere is the rational thing to do, but your emotions tell you otherwise. Becoming a man is about saying "**** it" to your emotions. Leave emotional reactions to your 17 year old friend. You're a man. Use your mind, your logic, and your strength.

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
With all due respect to your post, buckeye, I have focused on all those other things and am at a point now where I am very happy with myself and my life...mostly. All that's missing now is hair. I wish I had not neglected it the past few years.

I would say to all the younger folks out there who are saying to themselves "I think I'm losing my hair:" You probably ARE. If you don't wanna end up bald by the time you hit your thirties, do something about it now. Conversely, if your hair is not that important to you (unlikely if you intentionally arrived at this website) by all means heed buckeye's advice. I will admit there is alot of wisdom in what he's saying, and if you can be adamant that your hair isn't important to you, you really should focus on the other things that you can control. But if there's the slightest chance that in ten years you're gonna want your hair back, then begin treatment NOW. This is no time to be sitting on the fence.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Before I throw my opinion into things, I want you to ask yourself a few questions.

1. What percentage of information that comes out of a 17 year old's mouth can be taken for the gospel?
2. Do most human beings (especially women) know what they really want?
3. Do you think many of the replies you will receive on this forum are objective? Consider the demographic in which you are seeking your information.

I hope you will be smart enough to understand that the answer to all of these questions are 'no'. I'm 23 years old and I have been going bald since I was 20. I am now to the point where I buzz my head with no guard once per week. To call my hairline receded would be a drastic understatement. I am balder than just about every person my age, and that's a fact. It took me a long time to go through the stages of grief when it comes to hair loss. Like you, I was very angry for a long period of time, as well as depressed, and frankly very frightened at where it would ultimately take me.

While no combination of words I tell you will help ease your pain (and let's be honest, it IS painful to lose you hair at a young age), I can promise you that it does get easier, and there is solid evidence to back up that claim.

You have NO control over your hair loss. We can all sit here and cling to hope of hair restoration or finasteride/rogaine/dutasteride/snake oil/voodoomagictricks/shavingoffyourownpubesandglueingthemtoyourhead, but the truth is that it's going to happen one way or another. The amount of effort you put into your hair will never be reflected. You can around and worry about it all day and all night, but it's only going to fall out anyways. So what is the point? (easier said than done, but you will learn in time)

You have ALL of the control over other aspects of your life. Hell, you even have a say over the hair you have left! My advice would be to start buzzing your hair down to the point of stubble. I looked so much better with hair than I do with a buzz cut, but after a couple of weeks I actually started to like it. And the best part is, it really helps to keep you from getting depressed over hairs falling out (because you want notice them, being so short). You have control over how tan you are. You have control over how you smell. You have control over what your body looks like. You have control over your academics. You have control over your career. You can control over your sense of humour.

You have the control.

What women or even men say about hair loss is garbage man. I know this because I'm a bald 23 year old with a beautiful girlfriend, a bright career outlook, and a healthy body. I am no different from anyone on here. Nobody likes a sad, self depricating bald guy. Everyone loves optimistic, powerful, and confident people, regardless of how much hair they have on their head.

Get in the gym. Hit the books. Have fun with friends. Focus on what you can control.

Why would you focus all of your attention and efforts on something that:

1. You have NO control over.
2. You already know where it's going.

That's a recipe for stress and unhappiness. You cannot argue this logic. You know that focusing efforts elsewhere is the rational thing to do, but your emotions tell you otherwise. Becoming a man is about saying "**** it" to your emotions. Leave emotional reactions to your 17 year old friend. You're a man. Use your mind, your logic, and your strength.
true. except for the treatment part, you sound like slybaldguys lol

im having excellent results only 6 months into rogaine foam, and i'm about to get on finasteride to double up on my results

its just all about catching it early, and diffuse thinners seem to respond better to treatments as well i think

i dont usually worry about hair loss all the time, i just have my times where i do (like when i made this thread)

B

Beingbaldsucksass

If you catch it early with rogaine and finasteride you can maintain it for long long years, one guy hold his nw2 for 15 years with finasteride