so my friend asked his girlfriend in front of me what she thought about hair loss

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
first he asked her if she wud date a bald guy, of course, her being about 17 she said "NO" with a strong negative emphasis

then he asked her what she thought about guys who were just thinning, like me. she said "well if the guy is thinning then that means he is too old for me"

just goes to show how people aren't aware that some lose hair when they are in high school . . . . . . shoot i was unaware it could happen before it hit me . . . . .

i literally only thought it could happen at 25+

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is that thinning hair will add many years to your appearance. I am 37 and up until two years ago I could have passed for 29. My hair has thinned to the point that I now look my age. LOL. My point is that I can no longer get men or women (I'm bi) in their twenties.

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is that thinning hair will add many years to your appearance. I am 37 and up until two years ago I could have passed for 29. My hair has thinned to the point that I now look my age. LOL. My point is that I can no longer get men or women (I'm bi) in their twenties.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm almost 33, my ex-workmate is only 1 year younger. While I can only get women like 35+ or desperate women in their 20s with kids, he's pulling them good looking 20s with ease. This guy is my height, is a bit fat and has a face of goblin with triple chin. He's Norwood 1,5. On several occasions I had people guess my age to be around 38.

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to LOVE my hair. I had someone tell me once, "You know what makes you look so young? It's your f**kin' hair." Yeah, that was two and a half years ago. I am desperately hoping that I can get back to that point within the next year or two. My hair has been short for about a year. I buzzed it off in frustration one night because it was getting too thin and looked like ****. Buzzed it again two months ago and am gonna let it grow back out as I continue treatments...here's hoping for the best...I can't believe how fast my hairloss accelerated once I hit 35. I'm nervous that I may have waited too long to start doing something about it.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
I used to LOVE my hair. I had someone tell me once, "You know what makes you look so young? It's your f**kin' hair." Yeah, that was two and a half years ago. I am desperately hoping that I can get back to that point within the next year or two. My hair has been short for about a year. I buzzed it off in frustration one night because it was getting too thin and looked like ****. Buzzed it again two months ago and am gonna let it grow back out as I continue treatments...here's hoping for the best...I can't believe how fast my hairloss accelerated once I hit 35. I'm nervous that I may have waited too long to start doing something about it.
are you receding or diffusing?

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
are you receding or diffusing?
Diffusing. Receding at the temples just a bit and if I don't grow back any hair there, that's fine as long as I can get my entire top of my head to thicken up. What is most alarming is that my crown is very thin...no bald spot yet but you can definately see my scalp. I can't have my hair brushed back the way it used to be or it's just really BAD so I keep it short and combed forward. I still look "ok" but my hair used to be one of my best features and it SUCKS that I have no choice in hairstyle anymore. This is how I used to wear it:

_old hair.jpg

About three months ago my neice was commenting on how young I look for my age then added: "You just need to get some Rogaine..." That remark is what prompted me to objectively assess my hairloss, research options and it led me to this forum which is how I ended up on "the big 3." Nobody in my life knows that I'm trying to regrow my hair. I fantasize about the day someone comments that it looks good or is getting thicker!

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Backintime I want to punch you so hard, gtfo out of those forums you pathetic idiot, every moron with a few hairs falling consider himself balding.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still not 21 and nw3 allready, on treatment off course, without I'm 4 advanced, 37? Wtf? Who cares to be bald in this age, people dying in thier 50 in today's world with all those dissases. Backintime people like you don't belong here, crying about how you don't have long hair in 37, who has? In my country it's not normal to be Norwood 1 in this age

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first he asked her if she wud date a bald guy, of course, her being about 17 she said "NO" with a strong negative emphasis

then he asked her what she thought about guys who were just thinning, like me. she said "well if the guy is thinning then that means he is too old for me"

just goes to show how people aren't aware that some lose hair when they are in high school . . . . . . shoot i was unaware it could happen before it hit me . . . . .

i literally only thought it could happen at 25+

Yeah when it started for me at 17/18 I was definitely in denial, the whole idea of losing hair in my teens seemed absolutely ridiculous at the time.

The good news for you zeroman, is that it does get slightly easier to deal with as you move through to your mid20s and other people slowly begin receding/diffusing also.

At 24/25 people begin to age in a variety of ways whether it be through hairloss, weight gain or bad wrinkly skin, so at this stage, as a man you're no longer under such immense pressure to look physically perfect. As long as you take care of your skin and your weight, some moderate hairloss won't be such a major deal to others...

With respect to girls, I can personally vouch that when they reach mid20s they will care a lot less about some mild hairloss and a lot more about your job and career prospects. A NW1 hairline is a nice bonus if you got one yes, but they won't take you seriously regardless, unless you've got your **** together and big plans for the future.

Otherwise the best you can hope for is drunken one night stands unfortunately.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
Backintime I want to punch you so hard, gtfo out of those forums you pathetic idiot, every moron with a few hairs falling consider himself balding.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still not 21 and nw3 allready, on treatment off course, without I'm 4 advanced, 37? Wtf? Who cares to be bald in this age, people dying in thier 50 in today's world with all those dissases. Backintime people like you don't belong here, crying about how you don't have long hair in 37, who has? In my country it's not normal to be Norwood 1 in this age

Oh to be young; and stupid again...

Just because someone is in their late 30's does not mean they have stopped caring about their appearance. If you look at BackInTime's story you would see he has visible diffuse thinning that he is trying to do something about. If you can't support that, then YOU STFU and don't expect any support for your hairloss when you cry about how you can't get any or no one wants to be your friend and it is all because of your hair. Maybe it is because you are an ignorant jerk-off.

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because someone is in their late 30's does not mean they have stopped caring about their appearance. If you look at BackInTime's story you would see he has visible diffuse thinning that he is trying to do something about. If you can't support that, then YOU STFU and don't expect any support for your hairloss when you cry about how you can't get any or know one wants to be your friend and it is all becasue of your hair. Maybe it is becasue you are an ignorant jerk-off.

:agree:
Thanks, Northman...my thoughts exactly. As anyone can see by my pictures, I do not have just "a few hairs falling out." And even if I DID....SO WHAT? I shouldn't take preventative measures to keep my existing hair?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Asking a 17 year old girl what she thinks of hair loss is pointless. Of course she isn't going approve of such a thing, she's biast.

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
:agree:
Thanks, Northman...my thoughts exactly. As anyone can see by my pictures, I do not have just "a few hairs falling out." And even if I DID....SO WHAT? I shouldn't take preventative measures to keep my existing hair?

I think some of the youngsters don't think it's fair that some of us oldsters kept our hair so long. Truth is , that may be why we want to keep it so much. It never showed any signs of going, then poof it starts to vanish...

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
I think some of the youngsters don't think it's fair that some of us oldsters kept our hair so long. Truth is , that may be why we want to keep it so much. It never showed any signs of going, then poof it starts to vanish...

Exactly. Up until the age of about 34, I used to pride myself on my hair and always recieved comments on how good it looked. And because now it is in stark contrast to the hair I had only 3 years ago, the negative comments that I now receive have that much more of an impact on me. It's almost like everyone else is just as disappointed as I am that I'm losing it. LOL! It's like, "Oh my God! What's happening to your f**king hair, dude?!"

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 40 now - started thinning at the temple and crown at 25. The thinning wasn't that noticeable but it still freaked me out because I had no idea how fast or slowly it would progress. I got on to finasteride at 35 (yep waited 10 years) and now the crown has filled out and no further hairloss at the temples. I even had a couple of women at work last week comment on how thick my hair is. Getting on finasteride was the best move I could have done.

P.S Only had a week of minor sides .. apart from that it was all good

backintime

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that, Odie. I often think I might have waited too long not starting treatment until I was 37. It gives me hope that you've had success. The crown area is what I am most self-conscious of.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'll skull **** you and your wife in your new kitchen.

slipy

Reaction score
you know, hair piece man always talked about how much of a freak he is due to being 5'4 and bald.

im short but i often see bald guys shorter than me, for example today i saw this one guy in store, im only 5'8 but he was considerably shorter, buff (probably weighs 2 times the amount i do) and wore typical teen clothing and skateboard shoes while sporting a short unshaved horseshoe.

that was a sight to behold.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
you know, hair piece man always talked about how much of a freak he is due to being 5'4 and bald.

im short but i often see bald guys shorter than me, for example today i saw this one guy in store, im only 5'8 but he was considerably shorter, buff (probably weighs 2 times the amount i do) and wore typical teen clothing and skateboard shoes while sporting a short unshaved horseshoe.

that was a sight to behold.
interesting . . . . .

well shoot, confidence is something the guy definitely had haha

slipy

Reaction score
he either has the balls of steel or is slightly tarded and oblivious to how crazy that combo looked.

if it's the former he deserves credit, if its the latter, well then maybe not so much.

or maybe he was just trolling society, then more power to him.