So I Went On A Date With A Girl Last Weekend...

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I thought it went really well. She was extremely flirty with me the whole time, she was basically laughing the whole time, and her and I even made out towards the end of the date. However when I went to drop her off she starting to play with my hair because "I needed a new hair style" (you can look at my post history to look at my hair but I basically wear a Ben Gibbard style comb over to hide my thinning Norwood 1-1.5ish temples, I was basically shitting my pants at this point). She was playing around with my hair for a good 10 mins, messing up my comb over and revealing my thinning/slick temple points. She made my hair look stupid and said "You should hair like this" then proceeded to say "I had fun tonight I want to see you again!" I texted her a few days later about going on another date and she gave me a really bullshit response that she couldn't because she is busy. I'm guessing she saw my future in the Norwood Cemetery?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I thought it went really well. She was extremely flirty with me the whole time, she was basically laughing the whole time, and her and I even made out towards the end of the date. However when I went to drop her off she starting to play with my hair because "I needed a new hair style" (you can look at my post history to look at my hair but I basically wear a Ben Gibbard style comb over to hide my thinning Norwood 1-1.5ish temples, I was basically shitting my pants at this point). She was playing around with my hair for a good 10 mins, messing up my comb over and revealing my thinning/slick temple points. She made my hair look stupid and said "You should hair like this" then proceeded to say "I had fun tonight I want to see you again!" I texted her a few days later about going on another date and she gave me a really bullshit response that she couldn't because she is busy. I'm guessing she saw my future in the Norwood Cemetery?

Take her for her word, give her the benefit of the doubt, but if you waited a few days, that may be too long because women have a fucked up habit of making 'rules' as to how long you should 'wait' before you make 'the call'. It's so f*****g stupid dating these days, its like a chore AND game of chess.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try contacting her one more time, give it at least a week but not two weeks, and be chill and easy and natural about it. Suggest a restaurant or a jazz bar or a museum or whatever you want to try and ask her if she wants to join. Be positive.

Is your hair loss regimen going well btw?

In all seriousness it's hard to imagine a woman turned off by NW1.5.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try contacting her one more time, give it at least a week but not two weeks, and be chill and easy and natural about it. Suggest a restaurant or a jazz bar or a museum or whatever you want to try and ask her if she wants to join. Be positive.

Is your hair loss regimen going well btw?

In all seriousness it's hard to imagine a woman turned off by NW1.5.

I've basically have maintained my hair since starting with a little bit of overall thickening. I caught my hair loss at a great/early time. Debating adding in RU in a few months in an attempt to regrow my temples a little more.

Attached is my hairline right now and what she probably saw on Saturday.

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've basically have maintained my hair since starting with a little bit of overall thickening. I caught my hair loss at a great/early time. Debating adding in RU in a few months in an attempt to regrow my temples a little more.

She has no inclination of your hairloss. Most people think Norwood 2 isnt balding. Balding to a typical person is nw3+ or advanced diffuse thinning. im a nw2 with some minor frontal thinning, and I get compliments on my hair almost daily....... i'm just like "if you only knew"

in fact my last girlfriend just remembered said "youll probably never go bald" after playing with my thinning hairline. A passable amount of hair can go along way.

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

You're fine, you've got a long way to go until your hair becomes an issue. Just don't reveal any insecurity about early on because she almost certainly will see that as weakness and bounce.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes she must be disgusted by your NW1

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes she must be disgusted by your NW1

fSSh7df.png

T

tellersquill

It wasn't because of your hair line - people can change their mind is all.

I'm just about a NW3 and people still tell me its just my natural hairline. People are clueless about hair loss unless its very obvious,

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

Most girls don't know I'm balding. I'm NW2 and my hair has literarily never been as good as yours is now. I've always been about NW1.5 for some reason. Big head I think.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair line looks great. She probably didn't notice anything. I have lost a lot more on my temples and a girl would definitely notice if she started messing up my loaf.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words brothers. I just did some lurking on her Twitter and it looks like she has been talking to some Norwood 0. He has pretty shitty teeth (one looks like its straight up rotting) so I have that on him I guess. Back to Tinder I go!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words brothers. I just did some lurking on Twitter and it looks like she has been talking to some Norwood 0. He has pretty shitty teeth (one looks like its straight up rotting) so I have that on him I guess. Back to Tinder I go!

Hey Davesmith,
I love a good head rub too ,but how long have you known this girl? It's nothing for me to casually ruffle the coat of a random stranger's dog,
dog owner graciously stops, dog tail wags, I smile and offer a few niceties before breaking quickly, then both party's trail off and resume their affairs of the day. Chill out Puppy :) because that isn't the loud din of wedding bells in the distance you're hearing ,
no that's the sound of your giddy heart pounding in response to one friendly encounter with a strange passerby. All the same, best wishes to
you.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Davesmith,
I love a good head rub too ,but how long have you known this girl? It's nothing for me to casually ruffle the coat of a random stranger's dog,
dog owner graciously stops, dog tail wags, I smile and offer a few niceties before breaking quickly, then both party's trail off and resume their affairs of the day. Chill out Puppy :) because that isn't the loud din of wedding bells in the distance you're hearing ,
no that's the sound of your giddy heart pounding in response to one friendly encounter with a strange passerby. All the same, best wishes to
you.

Lmao, I was talking to her for maybe 2ish weeks? We started talking after she commented on some Instagram photo of myself I posted telling me "Wow you're really cute." I met up for coffee with her on campus (she is still in undergrad I'm in grad school) last week then we got dinner and went to a haunted house last weekend (last time I saw/really talked to her).

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are not balding at all (at least for 99.99% of population who do not browse hairloss forum)

you just have a stupid haircut (I googled) it

nobody wears a this f*****g actrium on the head in 2016

it worked in beatles time maybe

girls commented your dumb haircut and you scapegoated it in your imaginary balding

change your haircut to the some modern one, contact girl again, slay her and close thread

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ben Gibbard, may be a bad example of my hair style, I guess I have a James Blake going on?

Here is me from a month ago, it basically looks the same except a little more length on the sides. Help me get a new style?

Last edited: