So I Went On A Date With A Girl Last Weekend...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all fat people can lose weight easily.

Many have hormonal problems. These can be intrinsic hormonal problems, or they can be exogeneous. If your doctor puts you on insulin or prednisone, you're guaranteed to put on body fat even if you cut calories and do more exercise, that's been proven.

Further, a lot of the advice on losing weight -- do cardio and eat less -- is wrong. The strategy of "eat less, do more cardio" has a 93% failure rate so it doesn't work, but that's what people are told to do to lose weight. The effect is even worse when people follow low-fat diets that are also low in cholesterol, as recommended by most doctors.

This was shown in the 1940s Minnesota Starvation Experiments. If you just cut calories to 1600/day on a standard diet, metabolism crashes in most people, they feel like they're freezing, they're irritable, and they start hurting themselves, it doesn't work. They end up weighing more than when they started.

A 1980s study from Denmark took sedentary adults and trained them to run a marathon. You know how much weight they lost from cardio? The average among women in the study was 0 lbs (yes, 0 lbs), and the average among men was 5 lbs. Moderate intensity continuous cardio, e.g. jogging for 60-90 minutes, is simply not a good strategy for cutting fat. That's known from measurements. The body compensates by either decreasing metabolism, or increasing appetite.

HIIT is definitely the superior form of cardio for losing weight/overall health. If you have limited time to workout, I'd say make HIIT and resistance training your focus. If you have the time in your schedule, sustained cardio can be done as supplemental to HIIT (they compliment each other), but it should not be your focus

For instance, at the moment I'm doing 3-4 cardio workouts a week, 2 of them HIIT, 1-2 sustained

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
HIIT is definitely the superior form of cardio for losing weight/overall health. If you have limited time to workout, I'd say make HIIT and resistance training your focus. If you have the time in your schedule, sustained cardio can be done as supplemental to HIIT (they compliment each other), but it should not be your focus

Absolutely, HIIT is proven to be superior multiple times over.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all fat people can lose weight easily.

Many have hormonal problems. These can be intrinsic hormonal problems, or they can be exogeneous. If your doctor puts you on insulin or prednisone, you're guaranteed to put on body fat even if you cut calories and do more exercise, that's been proven.

Further, a lot of the advice on losing weight -- do cardio and eat less -- is wrong. The strategy of "eat less, do more cardio" has a 93% failure rate so it doesn't work, but that's what people are told to do to lose weight. The effect is even worse when people follow low-fat diets that are also low in cholesterol, as recommended by most doctors.

This was shown in the 1940s Minnesota Starvation Experiments. If you just cut calories to 1600/day on a standard diet, metabolism crashes in most people, they feel like they're freezing, they're irritable, and they start hurting themselves, it doesn't work. They end up weighing more than when they started.

A 1980s study from Denmark took sedentary adults and trained them to run a marathon. You know how much weight they lost from cardio? The average among women in the study was 0 lbs (yes, 0 lbs), and the average among men was 5 lbs. Moderate intensity continuous cardio, e.g. jogging for 60-90 minutes, is simply not a good strategy for cutting fat. That's known from measurements. The body compensates by either decreasing metabolism, or increasing appetite.
Yes, so much diet and nutrition advice is plain bunk. People should be told to eliminate refined carbohydrates.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you saying copeforlife and exodus are ugly? that's not very nice of you.

So far I haven't talk about this, but I have a legit facial deformity due to birth trauma which caused my facial parts aren't even. One eye is a lot below another. One part of jaw is undeveloped. One hear is below each other. Nose has severe asymemtry.

You can see this deformity in quite a few celebrities tho:

tumblr_inline_na613sbE8i1qzv9v0.jpg

bradley.jpg

Same for Paul Walker, Shonnan Dorathy and even more.

My retarded parents could fix it in first year of my life but they didn't. Now it is unfixable for a rest of my life. Probably were busy to make money to overcome poverty in which they created me (why even conceive a child if you do not have the f*****g money?). God thanks I wasn't lived in poverty but got severe facial deformity and premature balding from alcoholic incel NW7 father.

Frankly, I almost never encountered a bad behaviour from girls directed to me as @Dante92 had and usually they are quite friendly and smiley to me and a few (one was 8/10 for me second is 6.5/10) were "crushed" into me in school but I have Asperger so a bit retarded as well.

Now imagine average face, severe balding (Norwood 3.5V) and that deformity. Let alone body problems, like my neck and head always tilted because trauma above.

So yes, I am quite ugly and not in the same time (facial features quite good in general).

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too ugly to be nice.

Sorry, in our ugliness and baldness we are brothers.
lol well i think i looked okay with hair

now that im bald i might edge into ugly territory but not quite fully there. around a 4

its not even really about looks either. when i had hair i didnt even think about looks or trying to looks max, its about that identity

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another update:

Girl tweeted "Why do all guys run from me?" LOLOLOL

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was already a 4 with hair.......
are you sure? why?

usually people that ugly are picked on for it

thats part of why i assumed i was okay with hair, other than being short and scrawny (which really doesnt "attack" your senses like being facially ugly does)

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol well i think i looked okay with hair

now that im bald i might edge into ugly territory but not quite fully there. around a 4

its not even really about looks either. when i had hair i didnt even think about looks or trying to looks max, its about that identity

I can say you pull of baldness if you look 4/10 5'6 and NW6.

Usually asians can pull of it quite good if they do not have receded chin/jawline.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can say you pull of baldness if you look 4/10 5'6 and NW6.

Usually asians can pull of it quite good if they do not have receded chin/jawline.
i dont understand the first paragraph sorry. how could i pull it off if i was 4/10?

not saying i was a 4 with a full head, just repeating what you said

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, so much diet and nutrition advice is plain bunk. People should be told to eliminate refined carbohydrates.

That's probably the biggest thing most people can do.

If you replace 500 calories a day of refined carbs with 500 calories a day of meat, fish, eggs, butter, nuts, coconut, peanut butter, avocado, etc you will end up losing weight, as your metabolism will increase.

But very few people hear that from their doctor. On the contrary, many are actually encouraged to eat bread, pasta, and rice instead of meat, fish, eggs, etc.

Do I blame people for their doctors giving them bad advice?

No.

T

tellersquill

If your calories follow the traditional food pyramid, and if your workouts are moderate-intensity continuous cardio, the weight won't stay off unless you're in the genetically fortunate 7%.
Not entirely true. As a man of science I am sure you understand the body has a certain level of calories it needs to function. In bodybuilding we call this maintenance calories. If you eat that amount your bodyweight will stay the same.

If you eat an additional 400 calories a day while working out you will gain roughly a pound of muscle per month

If you eat at a 500 calorie per day deficit you will lose roughly 4-5lbs per month.

This is scientific data that can supports all this which can be found online. There is also a ton of anecdotal data as well.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont understand the first paragraph sorry. how could i pull it off if i was 4/10?

not saying i was a 4 with a full head, just repeating what you said

Nevermind :) it is pointless to discuss without pics anyway

That's probably the biggest thing most people can do.

If you replace 500 calories a day of refined carbs with 500 calories a day of meat, fish, eggs, butter, nuts, coconut, peanut butter, avocado, etc you will end up losing weight, as your metabolism will increase.

But very few people hear that from their doctor. On the contrary, many are actually encouraged to eat bread, pasta, and rice instead of meat, fish, eggs, etc.

Do I blame people for their doctors giving them bad advice?

No.

What are you talking about?

I never dig deep into this but nobody suggests to eat bread, pasta and rice (at least plain white).

When I had a bit of excess kg like 5 or something (I store in f*****g hips so it was crucial) I did a jogging, eat plain chicken/red fish with a bit of dark rice or how it calls and a lot of vegetables, nuts (not peanuts!). It went smoothly and I lost that for a few weeks.

Even a child knows that pastas, bread and rice are "heavy" carbos and never helps in loosing weights.

Also wtf is peanut butter and eggs doing in products for weight lose? God thanks there is no ice cream in this list.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the problem with wanting unrealistically beautiful women is that women may start to want unrealistically attractive men.

I think p*rn has ruined some of us - people freak out over stretchmarks and cellulite. I'll tell the younger guys here, right now:

90% of women over thirty have stretch marks and a touch of cellulite (and yes, most slim women have it to). Its normal and shouldn't be insulted.

I think men say a lot of sh*t bothers them but in real life they are not 'that' fussy.

they are on a forum and they are talking ideals.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Claim:
What are you talking about?

I never dig deep into this but nobody suggests to eat bread, pasta and rice (at least plain white).
Reality:
980x.jpg

When I had a bit of excess kg like 5 or something (I store in f*****g hips so it was crucial) I did a jogging, eat plain chicken/red fish with a bit of dark rice or how it calls and a lot of vegetables, nuts (not peanuts!). It went smoothly and I lost that for a few weeks.

Even a child knows that pastas, bread and rice are "heavy" carbos and never helps in loosing weights.

Also wtf is peanut butter and eggs doing in products for weight lose? God thanks there is no ice cream in this list.
Peanuts, and eggs, are both extremely healthy foods.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Y
your money,like youre rich and carrying the whole burden alone, thats sickening. Youre a bitter bully, worry more about that and less about others.

Seriously, anyone with real money wouldnt mind, fred is probably on disablement pension and thus have time to kill on forums. Most gastrosurgery patients in belgium pay more taxes i bet. Plain bully and surely too coward to tell it to fat ppls faces, brave only behind a keyboard. Im not fat but i stand up to bullies trying to ease their misery by attacking others in an unfortunate position. What a shame, so repulsive.

he's honestly not even worth debating with.

He's not rational on a lot of things..he has a specific philosophy that he's sticking to regardless of anything anyone says or proves to him

its like religion or dogma.

he's stuck. thats it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not entirely true. As a man of science I am sure you understand the body has a certain level of calories it needs to function. In bodybuilding we call this maintenance calories. If you eat that amount your bodyweight will stay the same.

If you eat an additional 400 calories a day while working out you will gain roughly a pound of muscle per month

If you eat at a 500 calorie per day deficit you will lose roughly 4-5lbs per month.

This is scientific data that can supports all this which can be found online. There is also a ton of anecdotal data as well.

1) Calories in calories out is a tautology. In reality the body has phenomenal flexibility in adjusting calories out. It's been shown -- numerous times -- that if you just cut your calories by ~500 calories/day, your metabolism will drop by 500 calories a day. You'll actually be worse off. You won't be thinner, but your organs will be depleted of nutrients, you'll be freezing, and depressed. The scientific data (which you clearly have not looked at) supports this.

2) How much muscle you can gain depends on your hormones, your workout routine, and your diet. If they don't support extra muscle mass, those 400 calories a day will go to fat, body heat, fidgeting, or be excreted.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The women's health initiative of the 1990s is one of the largest studies of human health and diet ever done, maybe the largest.

In one of the components, women were split into two groups, with the second group cutting calories by 300 calories a day, and eating a low-fat diet. After five years, those women who consumed 550,000 fewer calories lost ... 0.2 lbs. Their metabolism had dropped to compensate.

That's the scientific reality. Cutting calories without knowledge of macros is actually dangerous.

T

tellersquill

1) Calories in calories out is a tautology. In reality the body has phenomenal flexibility in adjusting calories out. It's been shown -- numerous times -- that if you just cut your calories by ~500 calories/day, your metabolism will drop by 500 calories a day. You'll actually be worse off. You won't be thinner, but your organs will be depleted of nutrients, you'll be freezing, and depressed. The scientific data (which you clearly have not looked at) supports this.

2) How much muscle you can gain depends on your hormones, your workout routine, and your diet. If they don't support extra muscle mass, those 400 calories a day will go to fat, body heat, fidgeting, or be excreted.
David, I like you but I completely disagree.

For the metabolism to slow down or adapt you are talking about something that would take three months to happen.

You can easily lose over 20lbs in three months.

After that you find your new base maintenance and eat at that if you want to stay at that weight.

Look at me, I've be around 15% body fat and looking strong for years - its not that hard once you get used to it.

If I want to maintain I eat 2,600 kcal per day.

(you are right with muscle gain and hormones - but you also need to eat over maintenance to gain muscle as well).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
David, I like you but I completely disagree.

For the metabolism to slow down or adapt you are talking about something that would take three months to happen.

You can easily lose over 20lbs in three months.

After that you find your new base maintenance and eat at that if you want to stay at that weight.

Look at me, I've be around 15% body fat and looking strong for years - its not that hard once you get used to it.

If I want to maintain I eat 2,600 kcal per day.

I'm not sure why some of you guys like to disagree with things that are MEASURED. I understand that you have preconceptions, but if your preconceptions are proven wrong by robust studies, you should move on.

Here's the data from the women's health initiative:
WHS-3-300x236.jpg

Some correction to my previous comments: it's 50,000 women, followed over 7 years, who cut their intake by 350 calories a day by going low-fat, and lost 0.25 lbs. The numbers are actually worse than I remembered -- the women in the intervention group actually ate 900,000 fewer calories ... and only lost 0.25 lbs !
Here's the study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16391215
The fact it worked in the first three months is irrelevant, what's needed is permanent change.

Alternatively you can look at The Biggest Loser, a popular fat-shaming show in the USA. The contestants eat ~1,200 calories, exercise for 2+ hours a day. They lose a lot of weight. And then their metabolism drops. And then they regain the weight -- 93% of the time.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/the-biggest-loser-diet/
Their effective rest metabolism actually decreases by 800 calories a day -- and it doesn't recover.

T

tellersquill

Well how do you explain body builders who keep there body fat below 12% and still eat 2,200 kcal per day?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well how do you explain body builders who keep there body fat below 12% and still eat 2,200 kcal per day?

The most successful bodybuilders have both the best work ethic and the best combination of genetics, gut microbiome, etc.

That's a wrong way to do science, as you're starting with a biased selection function by picking the people with the most success. You're ignoring the people who go to the gym and never get spectacular results. A proper analysis necessarily includes both the people who succeed and the people who fail.

Within those 50,000 women, I bet there are a few who lost a lot of weight. And on the show the biggest loser, 7% of the contestants do in fact succeed, their metabolism adjusts just fine. Those are the people you're pointing to, but by doing so you're dooming 93% of people to failure.