So I Did My Fue ! Just Wanted Opinions On Hairline

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I went ahead and got the fue done with a very good doctor. Roughly 2500 grafts. Here are some pictures , my only concerns is that my hairline is still high . Filled in a good portion from zoned 1 2 and 3. Didnt realise I was thinning that much in those zones but I definitely was. Here are some pictures.

Hoping all goes well with recovery. Just wanted others opinions on my hairline , if it's still considerably high.?

I'm hoping in time , if all goes well when hair actually grows in, the appearance of the high forehead diminishes.

Comments are welcome :) overall I'm happy with the experience and work !

Attachments

• 15748789712583890467352285317697.jpg
    15748789712583890467352285317697.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,089
  • 15748790099276870372258613455816.jpg
    15748790099276870372258613455816.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,133

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea it does look abit highb
Looks more like about 9. Yes, it's high, but it will look a lot better if it grows out and you brush it forward some.

Yea does look about 9 but I just measured now after all swelling is gone and is exactly 7cm. Still high dont get me wrong , I'm hoping when it grows out it wont look as high, I had the brushed forward hairstyle for years even before this but the hairline was really thinned out and abit more receded.

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two week update , so far so good with healing. Scabs are gone , donor is healing really nice. Started rogain again. Havent started shedding it seems.... I wonder when that will happen

Attachments

• 15760980737961723218726470948439.jpg
    15760980737961723218726470948439.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,308
  • 15760981044262183284584382782453.jpg
    15760981044262183284584382782453.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,369

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also just wanted to post a picture before hair transplant.

Attachments

• 20191211_160636.jpg
    20191211_160636.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,620

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a very solid hairline design.

Mine is 5.5cm after hair transplant. The usual range is 5.5-7cm. You could get it lowered a touch in the future if you're greedy.

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a very solid hairline design.

Mine is 5.5cm after hair transplant. The usual range is 5.5-7cm. You could get it lowered a touch in the future if you're greedy.

Yeah I was really hoping to get it abit lower but for the amount I was thinning as you can see , it was more needed in those areas. Maybe in the future depending how this turns out I will lower it , and hopefully touch up the temples. Again depending how my hair looks after this.

Is yours fully grown in now?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I went ahead and got the fue done with a very good doctor. Roughly 2500 grafts. Here are some pictures , my only concerns is that my hairline is still high . Filled in a good portion from zoned 1 2 and 3. Didnt realise I was thinning that much in those zones but I definitely was. Here are some pictures.

Hoping all goes well with recovery. Just wanted others opinions on my hairline , if it's still considerably high.?

I'm hoping in time , if all goes well when hair actually grows in, the appearance of the high forehead diminishes.

Comments are welcome :) overall I'm happy with the experience and work !

Well you seemed very bald before so a higher receded hairline is understandable? Perhaps after this you can lower it if the situation is ideal but he did a good job overall it seems. You didn't have much hair up to your mid scalp and that's a large area to cover for 2500 grafts. Most likely you will have to do a combover of sorts there, that should be your imminent thought rather than lowering it. You have a big forehead naturally which doesn't help and you've also lost a lot on the temple side area, Norwood 7 type parallel sides. He could only design the hairline at the highest point of the forehead. You probably need 3k grafts to lower it and close in the angles but I don't think anyone will do this for you.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is an ideal hairline, you were too high on the norwood scale for anything lower unfortuntely

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's basically what he was saying himself aswell. I'll post a few more pics of my before here just for reference also.

Well you seemed very bald before so a higher receded hairline is understandable? Perhaps after this you can lower it if the situation is ideal but he did a good job overall it seems. You didn't have much hair up to your mid scalp and that's a large area to cover for 2500 grafts. Most likely you will have to do a combover of sorts there, that should be your imminent thought rather than lowering it. You have a big forehead naturally which doesn't help and you've also lost a lot on the temple side area, Norwood 7 type parallel sides. He could only design the hairline at the highest point of the forehead. You probably need 3k grafts to lower it and close in the angles but I don't think anyone will do this for you.

Yea you are right , forhead is naturally big pretty much been that way my whole life. Get that from my father's side forsure.

Damn now I'm hoping these 2500 grafts were enough now. The hairs were there but really really thin , it's funny how I was able to hide it with my hairstyle I had because of how long my sides were.

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also just curious as to why you dont think anyone would do that procedure? Is it because that would leave my donor area pretty much depleted and not leaving anything left for future hairloss? I'm overall happy with the job dont get me wrong, aslong as it looks better then what it did before I will be extremely happy to be honest.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also just curious as to why you dont think anyone would do that procedure? Is it because that would leave my donor area pretty much depleted and not leaving anything left for future hairloss? I'm overall happy with the job dont get me wrong, aslong as it looks better then what it did before I will be extremely happy to be honest.

Possible depletion yes especially as you're not on Finasteride and already lost half your hair on top - don't want to have active balding on the back too. Plus surgeons rarely put anything close to a juvenile hairline, usually a mature hairline. In your case it's above the mature hairline by far, mainly as you had lost a lot and having a high forehead to begin with. Most people look fine with a mature hairline but in some cases of higher forehead, even that looks off a little. Ideally the surgeon should have left u some corners (Norwood 1.5/2) as the flat look only makes the forehead height and shape more noticeable. You'll get a good improvement compared to before, maybe consider lowering 1.5 cm for 2k grafts with some angle closure, that may be doable. I may be wrong but I don't think you'll be able to comb your hair up, it will be a little thinner and the backs will be thicker too like horseshoe pattern. I suggest a side part which flops down a little, mini combover so to speak.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also just curious as to why you dont think anyone would do that procedure?

If you go to Turkey I assure you they will do it in some clinics. Depends how low you want to go I definitely wouldn't use up more than 1,000-1500 grafts for it.

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go to Turkey I assure you they will do it in some clinics. Depends how low you want to go I definitely wouldn't use up more than 1,000-1500 grafts for it.

I'll see how this one turns out , damn I remember I was like no way am I getting a hair transplant ... now I'm already thinking about my second one .

A tad lower with temples filled in would be the perfect world. But we dont live in a perfect world. Luckily I have a long face /jaw , so 7cm distance doesnt look to bad on me especially if the hair is grown out alittle more.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah wait it out. It should definitely be good enough. Just depends how perfect you want it to be and potential hit to future grafts.

Hair makes a huge f*****g difference to aesthetics, why else do women spend so much time on their own hair as well.

I had mine lowered and temples filled in, did 2,400 grafts. Genuinely look like a new man. Been banging women left, right and centre even with a shaved head a week after the transplant to 3 months after.

Chrisj123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah wait it out. It should definitely be good enough. Just depends how perfect you want it to be and potential hit to future grafts.

Hair makes a huge f*****g difference to aesthetics, why else do women spend so much time on their own hair as well.

I had mine lowered and temples filled in, did 2,400 grafts. Genuinely look like a new man. Been banging women left, right and centre even with a shaved head a week after the transplant to 3 months after.

Haha yea it definitely does , like I said I was able to look good with my hair before because I styled it perfectly , (messy fringe) just if the wind was strong and ruined it I would look really stupid .

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good the transplant. Do you mind sharing the Name of the doctor?

Btw: has anyone thought of the following strategy? Go to a great doctor, e.g. Belgium or Spain to do the hairline and then go to Turkey to fill up the stuff behind the hairline?