So Close To Using finasteride. Need Some Positive Experiences To Finally To Do It.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Came back to see that my thread has been hijacked lol.

If anyone is wondering. I'm still doing fine. I think that my hair looks a lot better. My temples are not badly receding, but my hairline area is not very dense. I can see small hairs growing in my hairline area.

MiracleGro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Mr. Prince, I got a one month supply of 1mg in may. I played around with the dose until I found out I can only handle .25mg a day. I split the pill into quarters and take this about an hour before I go to sleep. I got the decreased libido but naturally my libido is ridiculously high to the point where it was a distraction so this brings things to a more normal level for me. I have less interest than before in doing crazy stuff regarding sex but still have a very active and good sex life with my girlfriend. It's daily (sex) or multiple times daily if we are able to work it into our schedules. Erectile quality is nearly as good with maybe only a slight decrease. I also just graduated college last may and started working full time and she works 60+ hours so that could play a role as well. (I find this all relevant lol)

As far as other sides, when I was higher in the dosage (.5 and up) I would notice my heart would race occasionally and my anxiety would be increased. This would make it difficult to go to sleep and my girlfriend also noticed I would be more on edge. The ironic part of this is that I would also feel lethargic if I took it in the day so I avoided that. Another side effect is decline in face health/skin quality. I got mild dark circles under my eyes and between finasteride and trying minoxidil last summer, I am confident they have increased some fine lines and pore size on my face. I have always been the person with excellent skin and people still think I look under 21 despite my hair being garbage. The thing that I say to this is that even if my skin is impeccable, I won't look "good" (or the way I want to per se) with my hair all jacked up so this is a trade off I am willing to take as of now.

With that being said, you might not encounter any of these side effects as I am a person that is very sensitive to anything I put into my body and I feel it usually within an hour despite people saying that you shouldn't be able to feel the effects for however long. If you are truly concerned with sides I would start with .25mg daily and see how that pans out. There's a study on pubmed that shows from .2 mg to 5mg there is a similar decrease in scalp skin and serum dht levels.

As far as results, I have only been taking it consistently for about 3 months and have actually seen more loss over this time. Over the last year I have been hit the hardest most likely from stress at school and some other factors. I am looking to add S5 which I can't seem to conclude if it even works or not based on what I'm finding and/or ru54881 but I'm reluctant to jump through the hoops to mix/obtain it. I have tried minoxidil at 2% with bad sides so I'm not going back to that idea for a while. I would however suggest using Nizoral or any other keto shampoo/product. Also, sides seem minimized when I am exercising regularly, eating clean, drinking lots of whatever, and getting adequate sleep. I also use a vitamin E serum and lotion on my face daily to combat sides. Hope this helps.

INT

Reaction score
Analysis paralysis is a very easy trap to fall into too. I wouldnt over think it. Most likely you will start taking it, and nothing will really change. A year later you notice your hair is a little thicker. First treatment to use according to american hair loss association is propecia.
Without propecia you may as well let nature run its course like they did a hundred years ago because propecia is the only reason anyone gets a choice whether they want to go bald or not.

No no no no.

Finasteride does change a lot in the body, even if you don't notice it.
It is the first treatment to use according to American hair loss association? So? This is just an appeal to authority fallacy.
There are more alternatives to propecia, propecia is just the most well-known option and probably the easiest one.

Stargazer79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every drug has side effects like this. When I broke my shin-bone in a football game, my ointment had "death" as a side effect. I'm not even kidding, lol
According to it, using too much on your leg might get it to go through your skin and act as a poison when it reaches your blood.

Hilarious!!!!!

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody wants to take this sh*t.

Then one day you look in the mirror with those bright bathroom lights shining down...

It's a lose-lose situation, but I decided to fight it. Not saying everyone should though.
so true

Bone Saw

My Regimen
Reaction score
How was your insomnia? Did you couldn't sleep for weeks or just a few days? It was constant on your routine? After you go to the bed, did you couldn't just close your eyes and sleep or you kept waking up at night? Did you feel sleepy during the day?
Insomnia was off and on. Sleep quality in general wasn't good. I would repeatedly wake up at night, 3x4 times. Never a deep consistent sleep. The insomnia, when it would kick on, was always telegraphed earlier in the day. I could feel it building but I don't know how to put that into words to describe it. Probably elevated heart beat was a dead give away. It was always the worst on Sunday night before work the following day. The following day was always rough, and generally loopy. I would generally pass out the following day though, as my body would shut down, thank god. It was never a week(s) long event.

Bone Saw

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I fking mean I was so close to buying finasteride but after your comment back to square one.
Not everyone is the same. It took years before it got to that level for me. For a lot of people, it never gets to that level. It's gamble though

Bone Saw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys just to give you some perspective, most users who are doing fine on the drug feel no need to reassure members on anything. Although those who do have bad sides are on a mission to let people know the "dangers" of the drug, which in turn causes them to be a lot more vocal.

Realistically 99% of people who take this drug and experience side effects return to normal after discontinuing the drug, the risk your taking is only temporary.

Either way most of you will end up trying the drug, whether your scared now or not, your hair will reach a certain point and most of you will say "f*** it" and give finasteride a fair shot at salvaging what you have, whether you experience sides is up to your body's physiology, but it's worth a shot WHILE you have salvageable hair . Try the drug before it's too late for your hair is my advice, because it's very likely you will try it anyways once your hair gets worse.
Fair point. The sides did go away after a time off the drug. I thought my goose was cooked, but alas nature has prevailed.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Second side effect: High blood pressure. I routinely would have 157 BPM or so, despite being in fantastic shape. I could feel it at night, my heart was beating too quick, too quick for the amount of exercise I was doing. The doctors at the naval clinics would inquire about it, but would write it off as stressors of my job. (We are now into year 3) Third side effect: Brain Fog. I just came to live with this side effect, as it wasn't too bad. Fourth side effect Small balls coupled with testicular pain and crazy PC muscle contractions. I figured it was from heavy squatting and Deadlifting. When I asked other powerlifters if they got taint muscle contractions, they looked at me sideways like I had a dick growing on my forehead. The ball pain would sometimes wake me up at night. I thought that maybe my adductors in my thighs were squeezing them, after all I have very large thighs.
Are you sure it wasn't minoxidil doing the fast heart rate? I had awful sides with Minoxidil when I was using it for my beard so I never took it again. The problem with minoxidil is that it is a potassium channel opener, so once your body is running on very low potassium it ends up throwing your heart in an arrhythmia because an adequate potassium balance is needed to maintain it all.

as for finasteride I would not take this stuff above 0.2mg (and 0.03-0.05mg is enough in amny studies) honestly unless you're a very big guy. at between 0.03mg to 0.05mg daily it reduces the majority of the DHT in your scalp. In Japan they don't give out this drug above 0.2mg which I posted earlier here:

hey bud, I rarely login but felt compelled to give a tip I got from here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microdosing-on-finasteride-updates.98490/

There was a Japanese study done where 0.2mg of Finasteride daily gives nearly identical results to taking 1mg daily. Graph: View attachment 61357

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15319158

the plus side is that your meds will last a lot longer as well. Also be sure to get off of this stuff in advance if you're trying to conceive children at any point for a period cause I've read about birth defects (micropenis being one).