So Close To Using finasteride. Need Some Positive Experiences To Finally To Do It.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll get me one month supply of finasteride (Just in case it fucks up my body). I'm a very indecisive person so I know that I probably will just leave it unopened for like a month. I just want to hear some positive experiences with finasteride since I mostly read about negative ones. Anything positive will do, even if you got sides but they went away later is fine.

oh and I'm 20 and a half years old. With some thinning in the frontal area of scalp. No recession or crown thinning...yet. I can still style it fine and no one notices unless there's direct light on my scalp. I'm also a very hairy person. Have hair on my back, chest, abdomen, legs, arms, and face. I kinda don't care about my body hair, but I'd like to keep my beard as it's almost full (Just missing mustache-beard connectors). Any bearded users on finasteride notice anything? Also I heard that hairy people respond better to finasteride? Is that right?

Reactions: Oro

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely worth the risk imo. I'm starting fina in september

Established Member
Reaction score
Started at the same age as you. Wish I started earlier since I've had fantastic results (regrowth and maintained for 4 years now). Was scared as well and started at 0.5mg. Not sure if that made any difference and bumped up to 1mg 2 years in.

Only sides I got was I got some lightheadedness/brain fog after taking them at first. Just switched to taking them before bed and it went away very quickly anyways. Had a good shed but worth it of course.

The FDA-run trials are the gold standard and our best data (vs forum posts especially). The % side effect (I think it's like 2%) is statistically representative of the population, so that is the % chance you'll have negative sides. These are facts. Forums are not representative of the general population.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello friends, just bought it today! I was busy yesterday and didn't have the chance to go buy it. I'm willing to start today but if anyone can answer these questions I'd be grateful.

1- Should I push through sides if I get them early on? How early is early?
2- Can I take them every other day to get my body used to it first?
3- This sh*t costs a lot where I live. About 585 dollars a year. Is proscar cut into 4/5 parts the same in terms of potential of getting sides? Will I suddenly get sides if I switch?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello friends, just bought it today! I was busy yesterday and didn't have the chance to go buy it. I'm willing to start today but if anyone can answer these questions I'd be grateful.

1- Should I push through sides if I get them early on? How early is early?
2- Can I take them every other day to get my body used to it first?
3- This sh*t costs a lot where I live. About 585 dollars a year. Is proscar cut into 4/5 parts the same in terms of potential of getting sides? Will I suddenly get sides if I switch?
No one can answer these for you. There's no right answer everyone's different. Just buy generic finasteride online search inhouse pharmacy on google, then just pop 1mg everyday and see what happens. If you get serious sides stop, if they're light push through. You know your body, don't over think it.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just take it like it's aspirin mate.

I admit, I was also scared before trying it - that's why I delayed taking propecia until my hairloss was clearly visible. But now after 10 years of taking this drug and with pretty much no side effects, I wish I've taken it sooner.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And btw. speaking of aspirin - here are some of the side effects (I just googled it): Common side effects of Bayer Aspirin include rash, gastrointestinal ulcerations, abdominal pain, upset stomach, heartburn, drowsiness, headache, cramping, nausea, gastritis, and bleeding.

We're still using it though :)

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And btw. speaking of aspirin - here are some of the side effects (I just googled it): Common side effects of Bayer Aspirin include rash, gastrointestinal ulcerations, abdominal pain, upset stomach, heartburn, drowsiness, headache, cramping, nausea, gastritis, and bleeding.

Every drug has side effects like this. When I broke my shin-bone in a football game, my ointment had "death" as a side effect. I'm not even kidding, lol
According to it, using too much on your leg might get it to go through your skin and act as a poison when it reaches your blood.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

tbh I'd rather get finasteride's sides than aspirin's lmao

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I used to take for half an year, lol
Screenshot_6.png

I actually got two of the sides in that list

ArtVandelay23

My Regimen
Reaction score
23 year old on finasteride for almost 3 months. have not gotten any sides

one thing i'd recommend is staying away from forums. just take finasteride, live a healthy lifestyle and you should be fine. I'm not trying to hate on the people that do get sides/complain about them.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The issue is I already have some of the erection problems. I think it is because of me being addicted to masturbating. I don't know what will happen when I take finasteride.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just took my first pill. Wish me luck! I still haven't decided if I should start with taking it every other day or not.