Smoking & alcohol

Brain

Reaction score
Smoking and Alcohol gives us pleasure and ecstasy whenever we do use but it also shows his side and bad effects when we get older.So avoid your self from this.

Reginald

Reaction score
Nice sharing.
Smoking is not good habit.
I hate all smoker because when i go to near them then
i feel some smell in their mouth. I think we should avoid smoking.

Mr. Fisherman

Reaction score
i don't think balding has anything to do with alcohol, because some of the people i know, drinkers and non-drinkers, still get thinning hair. still, drink occasionally.

as for smoking, it is possible it causes hair loss. yes there are non-smokers who also experience balding, but remember, smoking is a global addiction. this means that no matter where you go, you get to inhale second hand smoke. second hand smoke is as detrimental as first hand smoke. this is a fact.

i do hope smokers will realize that their smoke also poisons not only themselves but also non-smokers. so trying to stop smoking is a big step in helping the community and our environment. apology for those who may take this as an offence.

Reaction score
No matter what statistics people in the healthcare field slap us with, there's just no stopping people from killing other people....

SMOKING is really bad for your help.

I've seen how one lady died after a few months (after his husband). She has already developed respiratory problems. She doesn't smoke but from the looks of her, she only acquired the respiratory problems because, all her adult life, she lived with a smoker husband. :(

henrywronger

Reaction score
Smoking and alcohol both are bad for our health. Because they can invite cancer and make man more weak. They decrease our immune system.

JohnSheikhh

Reaction score
I don't know about the alcohol, but I have seen many chain smokers with no or very little hairloss or such problems. Don't know about the real scientific facts.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I drink a lot and quite heavily sometimes. My brother hardly drinks at all and we both suffer the same male pattern baldness pattern.

donaldma

Reaction score
Smoking and alcohol are both damage your hair as well as makes bald. So choose some natural home remedies like fresh lemon juice, essential oil deep massages, reducing stress as well as diet plan modifications can help to reduce hair loss.

Otherwise, if you want to quit smoking, there are lot of medicines available in pharmacy store to quit smoking habit as well as available drug to treat hair loss problem.

salacious

Reaction score
If you live in a city, the pollution you absorb every day will defeat any real health benefit you'd get from quitting smoking (especially at 5 cigs a day).
All you can do is try to lower your consumption of cigarettes & alcohol to a level that doesn't negatively impact your quality of life.
The rest is all up to your genes and how you manage your stress.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I think I recall a recent study suggesting that engaging in too much broscience can cause inexplicable hair loss.:kaputt:

clearsky

Reaction score
Smoking is definitely bad for hair - it narrows blood vessels which makes it more difficult for your follicles to receive adequate nutrition.

Drinking is tougher to say. I swear that I shed more after drinking, but there isn't much scientific basis for why this might be the case.

KmJyoti

Reaction score
Smoking and alcohol is totally damage your health. So I suggest you Please don't drink alcohol and smoking. It is very harmful.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Smoking and alcohol is totally damage your health. So I suggest you Please don't drink alcohol and smoking. It is very harmful.

Oh dear.

Obviously smoking isn't good for health and those who do smoke should pursue every avenue to quit. That being said smoking isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be (Only 8-15% of cigarette smokers actually end up getting lung cancer) but it still has no health benefits (any claimed benefits such as reduction of risk of Parkinson's disease are due to the dopaminergic effects of nicotine, not tobacco itself) and any amount of smoking is considered harmful.

Drinking alcohol on the other hand is actually beneficial in moderation. Improved insulin sensitivity, improved lipid profiles and reduction of risk of cardiovascular disease are all benefits enjoyed by moderate (2-3 units per day for men, 1-2 unit(s) per day for women) alcohol consumption. Keep in mind 1 unit does not equal 1 drink, it equals 10 grams of pure ethanol (in Australia at least), convert that however you like to your favourite beverage.

Life expectancy for various groups ranked from longest to shortest:

1. Moderate drinkers
2. Light drinkers
3. Abstainers
4. Alcoholics (chronic heavy drinking)

So tell me, why the hell would you want to shorten your lifespan by not drinking alcohol in moderation?

(References:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1694739/

Molecular Pathology of Lung Diseases

http://www.journaloftheoretics.com/editorials/vol-1/e1-4.htm

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/155/8/732.full)

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm Dench57 and I approve the above message.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score