SM04554 Phase 2 results

John McClane

Reaction score
Are you sure the data are true?
Seems so strange to me, presenting at a very important conference, in the "groundbreaking research" spot, to show very inferior results comparing to minoxidil.
It's a shame :(

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
we are all done. is here nobody who could effort a kerasthem therapy? they had 100% responser rate and huge regrowth. maybe kerastem could save us our a**

rambo007

Reaction score
Don't forget they were testing only on higher Norwoods, so on a very tough test group in terms of any improvement

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
You're all acting like this was your last bastion of hope...It was WNT stimulation, that's all SM04554 ever was, there are already products that do this, Stemoxydine, VPA, LiCl. And as part of a given protocol WNT stimulation can grow hair, not on it's own like this company were trying.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't forget they were testing only on higher Norwoods, so on a very tough test group in terms of any improvement

Yeah, this is key. Diffuse thinners are guys in lower norwoods would likely benefit greatly.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

nah I kidd, I kidd...Sorry guys.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
surely i would add it, but this will not be finished in two years. now they have to do again a phase 2 trial. it is about 5-7 years away.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's still years away, y'know? Anything years away needs to give sufficient regrowth to account for the hair loss that's to occur in the meantime. And we all know just how much hair you can lose in a year or two.

Not to mention we also need to consider the likelihood of a company even going ahead and taking the product all the way to production with anything less than stellar results - and without further delays, no less.

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't add it to your regimen in two years?

I need something now. I was hoping that SM showed good results, and that it could be made in a laboratory (like CB, RU, Seti etc.).

I can't use finasteride so I am desperately looking for something else to use

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
You're all acting like this was your last bastion of hope...It was WNT stimulation, that's all SM04554 ever was, there are already products that do this, Stemoxydine, VPA, LiCl. And as part of a given protocol WNT stimulation can grow hair, not on it's own like this company were trying.

I see you are following swiss protocol, please dont abandon us and make a thread about your progress if you have some results, it would be most apreciated Im sure, as we who are not part of particular private forum havent seen any other results than swisses.

maomao

Reaction score
There seem to be two camps with expectations for hair loss drugs.

Camp a: who have lost too much hair already and need something to bring it back

Camp b: who still have enough hair (or can use an hair transplant to get the illusion of it) and just need something to keep it.

Both totally different requirements.

So these results: the control group lost hair, but the drug users gained 10% (or 15 if you go from control group).

This is awesome for the b camp people. Even if it could only keep at baseline, that's still perfect.

I feel sorry for my brothers here in camp a, but for us lucky ones in camp b, these kind of results are still exciting for us...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but it's still years away, y'know? Anything years away needs to give sufficient regrowth to account for the hair loss that's to occur in the meantime. And we all know just how much hair you can lose in a year or two.

Not to mention we also need to consider the likelihood of a company even going ahead and taking the product all the way to production with anything less than stellar results - and without further delays, no less.

follisket, because of your avatar, I read all your posts in an Eeyore voice in my mind... is this accurate? haha, I love that avatar. Once again.. maintenance and 10% growth on HIGHER norwoods isn't nothing. This could still be huge for people with diffuse thinning, or recent hair loss. Also, there are a TON of unanswered questions. Did it regrow hair in completely bald areas? Is there signs of further regrowth. Did they try it with dermarolling (hahaha :p)... Lets me patient and hopefully in a few more months, this thread will be looking more optimistic.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
There seem to be two camps with expectations for hair loss drugs.

Camp a: who have lost too much hair already and need something to bring it back

Camp b: who still have enough hair (or can use an hair transplant to get the illusion of it) and just need something to keep it.

Both totally different requirements.

So these results: the control group lost hair, but the drug users gained 10% (or 15 if you go from control group).

This is awesome for the b camp people. Even if it could only keep at baseline, that's still perfect.

I feel sorry for my brothers here in camp a, but for us lucky ones in camp b, these kind of results are still exciting for us...

when this comes to market, you are in camp a too :D