Skin System, Warm Climate, Prone To Sweat. Products?

CountLippe

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's amazing information on here but I'm failing to use the search engine effectively and am coming overwhelmed.

I'm getting my first UTS / skin system. I live in a warm enough climate that I am prone to sweat. Others here endure the same. Thus I'm hoping to understand what products I should be purchasing?

So far my (far too limited) search powers have seen me buy Walker Max Hold Sport for skin-prep. Got2B seems to be recommended by some as a glue, others as an emergency touch up method.

Any sage advice to help a sweaty chap out is greatly appreciated.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, you will find a UTS a HUGE mistake in a warm climate, especially if you are prone to sweating. For example, most everyone I know here in Israel uses French Lace (and unfortunately, some are still using Monofilament).

There are NO products that are going to help you, other than choosing a more appropriate base.

CountLippe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the candour. As it's only a partial as my frontal line looks like it is plucked nightly by drunken pixies while the rest is thick and unchanged by age, thus a UTS is what has been recommended. Given my inability (at this stage) to avoid the sweat outright while I get used to the thing and later, potentially, change to lace if I can master that, I was hoping for recommendations around suitable glues and the like that deal well with heat and sweat.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the candour. As it's only a partial as my frontal line looks like it is plucked nightly by drunken pixies while the rest is thick and unchanged by age, thus a UTS is what has been recommended. Given my inability (at this stage) to avoid the sweat outright while I get used to the thing and later, potentially, change to lace if I can master that, I was hoping for recommendations around suitable glues and the like that deal well with heat and sweat.

Ghostbond XL is a good choice for high heat/heavy perspiration situations. Good luck!

Noah

Reaction score
I agree with BaldBearded: lace would be more functional and comfortable for you. But in the meantime you could think of using a medical grade anti-perspirant (Hair Direct sell one called Maxxam which is good), and/or a scalp protector (clear barrier liquid) under your adhesive, to prevent your sweat and skin oils affecting your bond.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ghostbond XL is a good choice for high heat/heavy perspiration situations. Good luck!

I almost bought Ghostbond XL yesterday, from the beauty supply, but the female employees told me it's a b**ch, that they get so many women in their after bonding their frontals coming back & complaining about the mess...

Is the mess w glue that bad? I feel like it'd be the perfect option for my hairline.

Here's a review of glues, however you take it:

If you watch further, the girl is actually gorgeous. I looked at her IG and her hair is always nice.

What I didn't understand is how she did so many bonds - probably in close consequence - and seemed to have no glue residue each time.

That said she washes, or rinses, her hair a lot in this video and I would assume drying that length would take a long time; so maybe she cleaned well in between sessions.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's amazing information on here but I'm failing to use the search engine effectively and am coming overwhelmed.

I'm getting my first UTS / skin system. I live in a warm enough climate that I am prone to sweat. Others here endure the same. Thus I'm hoping to understand what products I should be purchasing?

So far my (far too limited) search powers have seen me buy Walker Max Hold Sport for skin-prep. Got2B seems to be recommended by some as a glue, others as an emergency touch up method.

Any sage advice to help a sweaty chap out is greatly appreciated.

I'm from a cold and dry place and I wear UTS. I'm traveling right now between Indonesian , Singapore and Thailand. The weather here is relative high humidity and hot. I found the humidity is insanely oppressive, extremely uncomfortable and off cause make me sweat a lot. I bought the lace system for back up however so far I'm still feeling very comfortable with the UTS.

Xesed

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem of sweating is not so terrible compared to the problem of foul odor. It's what always bothered me in the first place. I think it's much more critical to eliminate unpleasant odor than to fight sweat.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem of sweating is not so terrible compared to the problem of foul odor. It's what always bothered me in the first place. I think it's much more critical to eliminate unpleasant odor than to fight sweat.
Both is with UTS or poly.

I was close to giving up when I had them and went back to shaving my head.
Until I found out about hybrid and full French and Swiss lace.
However I sadly have a problem with all the tapes I tried so far. After 3-4 days they cause me crazy itching.