Since women age quicker than men, could it be because of DHT

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Could it be that the DHT has something do with that, because I read some people saying taking Finasteride let you age quickly ? :!:

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Now which to believe: :dizzy:

women age quicker than men
or
men age quicker than women

:argue:

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Since women age quicker than men, could it be because of

sam- said:
Could it be that the DHT has something do with that, because I read some people saying taking let you age quickly ? :!:

finasteride cause men to age quickly??? where do get that info dude??? at least post some related article about it (none of the links u posted have that info). Why u have to add an extra stress in our already stressful life? Please don't introduce stuffs out of the blue.

fred

Reaction score
I really don't know if DHT makes you look younger.

Something sure is that it's been 6 month I am on finasteride, and I never had so many people telling me how older I look now. People give me 25-26 yo (I am 24) whereas 1 year ago I looked barely 20.

I usually take it easy but I became worried about that recently and the last time a friend made me notice that I looked much older now than before, I decided to ask him, "What makes you think that?"

Even though at the moment I thought my question was stupid, since I was sure he would have pointed my thinned hair, to my surprise he actually said "Your skin".

"You mean, my hair?" "no, your skin".

Then, back home I looked at the mirror, and since I always overlooked my skin health in favor of my hair, I realized he was right. Skin is probably even more important than hair as far as looking young is concerned. I really have the feeling that finasteride worsened my skin, making me look older.

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
fred said:
I really don't know if DHT makes you look younger.

Something sure is that it's been 6 month I am on finasteride, and I never had so many people telling me how older I look now. People give me 25-26 yo (I am 24) whereas 1 year ago I looked barely 20.

I usually take it easy but I became worried about that recently and the last time a friend made me notice that I looked much older now than before, I decided to ask him, "What makes you think that?"

Even though at the moment I thought my question was stupid, since I was sure he would have pointed my thinned hair, to my surprise he actually said "Your skin".

"You mean, my hair?" "no, your skin".

Then, back home I looked at the mirror, and since I always overlooked my skin health in favor of my hair, I realized he was right. Skin is probably even more important than hair as far as looking young is concerned. I really have the feeling that finasteride worsened my skin, making me look older.
Listen dude, finasteride may cause lots of side effects to lots of people but screwing up your skin or making u look older is not one of them.

badasshair

Reaction score
well, to be honest, i'm 23, and i've been on propecia for about 9 months and i now have wrinkles under my eyes that weren't there a year ago. i also get the comment that i look 26. i'm thinking of switching to revivogen/spironolactone combo.

fred

Reaction score
arya said:
Listen dude, finasteride may cause lots of side effects to lots of people but screwing up your skin or making u look older is not one of them.
I was just stating my experience, and it seems I am not the only one. Besides, the role of DHT in the body is unclear, and the fact that DHT inhibition cause you to age faster isn't "confirmed" (or yet) doesn't mean it isn't the case.

Scarpro

Reaction score
In terms of aging faster, I dont know. However, it is a known sideeffekt that finasterid can make your skin drier. This will obviously give more fine wrinkles and inferior skin health. I've seen people here that have taken dustasterid talking about their skin going all wrinkles. I did notice my skin getting a bit drier when I took finasterid. Obviously DHT serves more physological functions than just develloping ones genitals. In the end I had to stop, because basically I ended up with the erection and libido of a 60 year old guy, and being in my late 20s thats not acceptable!

arya

Established Member
Reaction score
great! now we have one more thing to worry about. This life sucks :toma: