Sighconot's Story - (19.5 /looking for advice)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Sighconot's story - (19.5-y-o looking for advice)

Sighconot said:
Well, it looks like there might be some trouble with ordering the finasgel. It's a shame, because it seems like a very exciting treatment, but at this point I just don't have the patience to wait the 3-4 weeks to figure everything out w/ the order and wait for it to arrive. I will definitely keep an eye out on it though, and maybe jump on that in a few months. For the next three months though, I think this will be my initial regimen.

Revivogen scalp therapy 1x daily, afternoon
Rogaine 5%, 2x daily, early afternoon / late night
Nizoral 2%, 3x weekly, morning
Revivogen shampoo/conditioner, 4x weekly, morning

There might be a little left to be desired with the application of some of these treatments (I've heard about revivogen and I know rogaine can be a pain), but I don't think you can say much against its effectiveness as a non-finasteride method. If I eventually figure out where to order Dr. Lee's minoxidil, I'll probably replace the regular rogaine with that - till then, I never minded it too much.

I'll have all the materials I need by the end of the week, and then I'll start up right away. I'll definitely keep you guys updated with my progress/experience over the next frew months. My first and foremost goal is to just stop the hairloss in its tracks, but ideally I'd like to regain some of my earlier "regains" from the Big 3 and re-restore my hairline as well... we'll see. I also ordered a Toppik applicator, which will probably help out a lot in styling my hair. Overall I feel like I can only go up from here and am looking forward to start.

what is the scalp therapy thing listed there?

Sighconot

Reaction score

Well, it's close to a month now. I've been applying the treatments diligently, but so far there's been no real improvement. In fact, the hair loss has worsened... hair is falling out all the time, whenever I brush my hand through my hair even, and it might be worse than it's ever been. If it wasn't for the toppik, I'd probably be embarrassed to leave the house without a hat or something... in fact, I might be investing in one soon to make the transition easier. I really hope that it is a transition. I mean, either this whole shed is just the one from earlier this month getting worse and worse, or it's been triggered by the Revivogen/Rogaine. I really hope that the treatments are working and that there's an upswing around the corner... I've noticed some vellus hair on the temples, but I don't know if it's just the last remnants of old hair or new hair coming up... hopefully the latter, and hopefully there'll be more of it.

Something else that sucks is that when I'm not careful, the revivogen, rogaine, and toppik can come together and combine into some ungodly brown sh*t that will get stuck in my hair. It takes a lot of showers to really clear it up once the mistake is made (and it can be hard to avoid). More worryingly, when I itch my hair because of it or try to get it out with my fingers, I end up pulling a bunch of hair out along with it.

Umm... point being: it's tough right now and I really hope it gets better asap :(

p.s. the finasgel has arrived... not sure what to do with it. I suppose I want to stay on the current regimen until it sharts to show some results.

Sighconot

Reaction score

I'd rather not post anything at the moment... I think it'd look downright horrible. I'll take a picture to check though... if it's better than I think, I might put it up. Otherwise I'll wait until the 3-month mark. :-/

---

@Philly - thanks man.

Sighconot

Reaction score

Ugh. Today I just got incredibly frustrated and tried to scratch out all the revivogen-residue sh*t that was clinging to my hair. By the time I was done, I probably pulled out 100-200 hairs. It actually gave me a better picture of where I stand though, and now I can say there's pretty much no regrowth. I'll stick to the regimen for another month, and if things don't improve by then I'm throwing the towel in. My frontal scalp is not just withering away anymore - it is completely destroyed. A short buzz, possibly followed by a total shave might be in order... either way I'll start stockpiling on hats and hitting the gym daily.

I guess the only question is: when would be a good and reasonable time to go for the buzz?

This is f*****g horrible/sad/exasperating/frustrating/depressing/unfair... hopefully the Liverpool game can provide some small consolation.

fandango82

Reaction score

Sighconot said:
Ugh. Today I just got incredibly frustrated and tried to scratch out all the revivogen-residue s*** that was clinging to my hair. By the time I was done, I probably pulled out 100-200 hairs. It actually gave me a better picture of where I stand though, and now I can say there's pretty much no regrowth. I'll stick to the regimen for another month, and if things don't improve by then I'm throwing the towel in. My frontal scalp is not just withering away anymore - it is completely destroyed. A short buzz, possibly followed by a total shave might be in order... either way I'll start stockpiling on hats and hitting the gym daily.

I guess the only question is: when would be a good and reasonable time to go for the buzz?

This is f****ing horrible/sad/exasperating/frustrating/depressing/unfair... hopefully the Liverpool game can provide some small consolation.

Sighconot,
after your comments on my story, I thought that Rogaine helped you gain lot of hair, as such I have included Rogaine foam part of my regimen, should I change to liquid in that case? Please suggest.

Jay

Sighconot

Reaction score

Thanks for the help Philly... I'll start following your suggestions from today. Perhaps the mixing of rogaine and revivogen was partially to blame..

@fandango: I don't understand your question... rogaine / liquid are not mutually exclusive - in fact that's what I'm doing right now. The only problem is that I'm losing hair fas faster than the liquid rogaine is growing it back. Now, is that because the rogaine/revivogen are causing a shed (which would be good) or because revivogen simply isn't working (which would be very, very bad)... that is the question.

helpme23

Reaction score

philly said:
Sighconot, that seems like a good regimen! However, in the long run it will become unbearable.

I agree with you, the finasgel isn't available yet and/or hasn't proved it's efficacy.

I have really thought about it and if I were you I would get on the following regimen:

Promox liquid twice per day using the Spectral DNC method.

Nizoral every 3 days.

Activ M shampoo the other days.

All proven meds. This regimen WILL give you results. It's inevitable.

P.S. Promox is increadibly clean, fast-drying (5-6 min) and non-greasy... everything you want. NOTHING like brand name Rogaine which is greasy and dries in 2 hours (I'm was on Kirkland for some months so I know what I'm talking about). It contains the following: Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic Acid 1.5%, Progesterone 0.25%, Tretinoin 0.025%, Finasteride 0.1%. If you can't tolerate retin-a (like me), just indicate that in the comment box when buying and they will compound it for you without retin-a. They offer free shipping and a 10% discount right now so the Promox might be a great deal.

http://physicianshairgrowth.com/store.p ... how_detail

P.S. 2. The promox might seem expensive but as you don't have to buy Propecias any longer it is worth it in my opinion.

P.S. 3. The nanominox solutions are very new and the company seems quite amateurish to me to be honest. As stated above, their products aren't proved to work. Even if I sincerely think that the finasgel might work, I wouldn't advise you to get on it. The promox is proved to work. The Promox study is a little amateurish too to say the least but Promox works, trust me.

Good luck!

Hi Philly

First of all I think its really cool you go to so much trouble to help other people!

I have a receeding hairline and I cant stand it anymore, I went on minoxidil foam last year along with american crew shampoo/conditioner but I didnt see any progress so gave in, I bought a load of finpecia but have never had the bottle to start it due to all the dodgy reports on the net, your above regimen sounds really good and I would *much* prefer to use a topical finasteride as I really dont want to start messing with my hormones too much and I already take too many supps for acne! Do you think the above regimen would work for a recceding hairline, I want my temples back so bad! would a pic help you determine?

Thanks again mate :)

Sighconot

Reaction score

Hey Philly,

Since your last post, I've really put an effort into separating revivogen and rogaine applications with showers. I'll try to get the shower cap and implement that into my regimen as soon as I can too.

In the meanwhile, I'm not sure what to think about my progress. On one hand, it seems like there are less hairs on my hands in the shower. I mean, noticeably so sometimes... a few weeks ago there'd be like 20, and now I can often count them on one hand.

On the other hand, the Revivogen still seems to inevitably develop into the annoying little flakes/crumbs on my scalp that I just can't get rid of. This is by FAR the most annoying thing with the regimen, because when I scratch my scalp or pull at them they always take a hair or two with them - and they're everywhere. It's incredibly frustrating. Especially because so many of them develop on my eroded temples - I feel like they're sabotaging possible regrowth.

I still plan to ride out this regimen for another month or two, before re-evaluating things.

- Sighconot

p.s. Yes, I'm a Liverpool fan.

helpme23

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for your advise Philly, I will get Revivogen as soon as I can. One thing though, I have my shower in the morning before I go to work, If I apply revivogen after my morning shower and then use rogaine foam in the evening, would that be ok? I dont think I can really wear a shower cap to bed, My missus would never stop taking the p!ss out of me! lol thanks again :)

Sighconot

Reaction score

Good news: I don't want to get too excited, but I'm seeing more and more signs that there's regrowth, or at least, maintenance.

Bad news: The flakes are still there, and I'm uprooting vellus hairs in scratching them out. Thoughts? Concerns?

Edit: Since I keep mentioning this, I'll try to describe it in more detail. The revivogen seems to be working, because the heavy shedding I was experiencing earlier has really slowed down. The problem is that rather than (I assume) just completely absorbing into the scalp, a lot of dries and covers my entire scalp in a thin red coating, particularly attaching itself to any area with hair roots. Only if I scratch away this coating, which comes off in thick reddish-brown flakes, do I see my original underlying scalp in the normal color. Unfortunately, in trying to take this coating off, it seems to almost always take a hair or two with it - usually the thin, short, fuzzy (vellus?) hairs that seem to be growing around my temples. This is incredibly frustrating, because it makes me feel as if I'm sabotaging my own regrowth. If there's some way to stop the coating, such as some special shampoo (because revivogen's own doesn't seem to be doing the trick) that'd be great. Until then, I feel like my new policy is just to make a self-conscious effort to not scratchy my head... even if this means that it'll long be covered with this awful looking red coating, because in the end getting some legitimate regrowth is probably more important to me.

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score

Maybe you apply too much of the liquid?
Don't worry about picking away hairs...if they are bound to fall out they do anyway, whether you pick them or not.
Vellus hairs do not live very long, they come and go very rapidly.