Side Effects I've Experienced From Cortexolone 17α-propionate So Far

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Monoid, How are your results so far and what vehicle do you recommend?
I've only used CB 20mg/day for 2.5 weeks so no results to report: however, shedding each day has dropped to the lowest I experienced: less than RU 25mg/day.
I've been using Eth 50% + PG 50% and I'm switching to the *** custom liquid.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I received my CB from Wuhan days ago and did my first dose today.

I applied 15 mg or less in 75 ethanol / 25 PG. Right after application, my scalp itch is mostly gone where I apply it. However I was feeling a headache, followed by tiredness in my head and upper neck. One hour later, the tiredness extended to my whole body into a fatigue accompanied by slight depression.

The whole experience is so similar to what I experienced with RU three months ago.

Feeling bad. Either Wuhan scammed me or I'm having immediate sides on CB too. Either way I'm f'ed.

I wonder how many of you get IMMEDIATE adverse reactions with topical AAs.

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I applied 15 mg or less in 75 ethanol / 25 PG. Right after application, my scalp itch is mostly gone where I apply it. However I was feeling a headache, followed by tiredness in my head and upper neck. One hour later, the tiredness extended to my whole body into a fatigue accompanied by slight depression.

The whole experience is so similar to what I experienced with RU three months ago.

Feeling bad. Either Wuhan scammed me or I'm having immediate sides on CB too. Either way I'm f'ed.

Sorry to hear that... Seems that you are EXTREMELY sensitive to topical AAs. If remembered correctly someone tested 1 batch of CB from Wuhan and it is good.

Try 5mg in 50% PG. High ethanol content makes CB be absorbed faster.

If it still doesn't work, then wait for Dr. Tsuji! :)

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've only used CB 20mg/day for 2.5 weeks so no results to report: however, shedding each day has dropped to the lowest I experienced: less than RU 25mg/day.
I've been using Eth 50% + PG 50% and I'm switching to the *** custom liquid.

OFF Topic : Momoid, can i ask you some questions (in a conversation)? I see the envelope but i can't seem to start conversations (maybe because i am a junior member). Can you start a conversation with me? Thanks!

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear that Wang, I guess we're both very sensitive to all kinds of AAs..

Last edited:

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I did not have dry eyes nor fatigue before I started using the CB. I have no idea what else it could be caused by.

I'm sorry to hear that Wang, I guess we're both very sensitive to all kinds of AAs..
I'd like to add that I felt some thirst in my mouth afterwards too. Don't know if this was in my head though.

What's your plan next Ivan?

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to add that I felt some thirst in my mouth afterwards too. Don't know if this was in my head though.

What's your plan next Ivan?

Funny that you mention that, because I felt that too. I actually still feel it to some degree. Dry eyes and dry mouth.

I am not really sure what to do next, I've tried just about everything there is to try..

What about you?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Funny that you mention that, because I felt that too. I actually still feel it to some degree. Dry eyes and dry mouth.

I am not really sure what to do next, I've tried just about everything there is to try..

What about you?
Yeah supposed that the CB from Wuhan was legit I've just literally exhausted every kind of anti androgen (except dutasteride, for the obvious reason)

I might look into the CRH2 antagonists angle but I don't give a lot of hope. It's reported to have caused sleep disorder in some people and seems to develop drug resistance over time. If that is the case, we don't want to screw our body up before legit treatments come up, since that is likely to increase the possibility of getting unexpected sides from a messy endocrine system.

Seriously all I'm trying to do is deal with this male pattern baldness itch! Is it really that hard?...

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah supposed that the CB from Wuhan was legit I've just literally exhausted every kind of anti androgen (except dutasteride, for the obvious reason)

I might look into the CRH2 antagonists angle but I don't give a lot of hope. It's reported to have caused sleep disorder in some people and seems to develop drug resistance over time. If that is the case, we don't want to screw our body up before legit treatments come up, since that is likely to increase the possibility of getting unexpected sides from a messy endocrine system.

Seriously all I'm trying to do is deal with this male pattern baldness itch! Is it really that hard?...

Are you using Nizoral? It helps me with the male pattern baldness itch, at least the days I am using it (every three days).

If we want a new treatment before 2018, we need to take matters into our own hands IMO. Some people are now trying to replicate the Brotzu lotion, which is a good start lol.

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
I also think that the best option for people like us would be something like Histogen or Dr. Tsuji's hair cloning, since it doesn't have any side effects (most likely).

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you using Nizoral? It helps me with the male pattern baldness itch, at least the days I am using it (every three days).

If we want a new treatment before 2018, we need to take matters into our own hands IMO. Some people are now trying to replicate the Brotzu lotion, which is a good start lol.
I used nizoral and I still use it occasionally. But it doesn't seem to help much with my itch and it dries my hair. I have really aggressive male pattern baldness itch, which happened after I quit finasteride. So I suppose finasteride upregulated my androgen receptors.

Brotzu's lotion is the nearest we can look to but I personally don't have too much hope to it. As you know, it nullifies DHT, and I have a long history of side effects with anti androgens/5ARi, which makes me fear anything messing with hormones.

Talking about Tsuji, that's exactly what makes me hesitate when going too deep into experimental drugs. I already have very likely upregulated AR and I'm afraid if one day a cure comes out I won't have those "male pattern baldness free" follicles to go with (a lot of AA users with hyperandrogenecity/AR upregulation reported itch/shedding all over their head, even in previously male pattern baldness free areas).

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
I used nizoral and I still use it occasionally. But it doesn't seem to help much with my itch and it dries my hair. I have really aggressive male pattern baldness itch, which happened after I quit finasteride. So I suppose finasteride upregulated my androgen receptors.

Brotzu's lotion is the nearest we can look to but I personally don't have too much hope to it. As you know, it nullifies DHT, and I have a long history of side effects with anti androgens/5ARi, which makes me fear anything messing with hormones.

Talking about Tsuji, that's exactly what makes me hesitate when going too deep into experimental drugs. I already have very likely upregulated AR and I'm afraid if one day a cure comes out I won't have those "male pattern baldness free" follicles to go with (a lot of AA users with hyperandrogenecity/AR upregulation reported itch/shedding all over their head, even in previously male pattern baldness free areas).

So what options do we have now?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, reading all of this I really understand why placebo groups are regularly used :)

I'm not trying to diminish your troubles, or to say that what you feel is not real, or trying to convince you that 15mg CB is basically nothing.
But for sure the human mind can do wonders to control the body.

The only suggestion I can give you is not to try to explain your condition with scientific arguments (e.g. upregulated ARs [*]).
I did it sometimes, and I fell in a bad mental loop, especially if one doesn't have the proper scientific background.

[*] ARs are proteins that last a couple of week. Upregulation and downregulation are usual occurrences in our bodies.

2nd suggestion: don't apply the same attitude to positive effects. Shedding is over in 2 weeks? It's not the CB, it had to happen. If you then start shedding again for an effluvium, you might be disappointed and drop the CB... and it was maybe working for you.
Feet on the ground, and let's not overemphasize positive or negative effects. And patience, a lot of patience.

My 2 cents:
yes, tested also my latest WHP CB batch and it was ok.
almost 6 months on CB after quitting finasteride 6 months ago (low libido etc), 50-55 mg per day in 1 application; since month 3 I feel maintenance+ and no sides (as expected from the metabolism of CB).

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, reading all of this I really understand why placebo groups are regularly used :)

I'm not trying to diminish your troubles, or to say that what you feel is not real, or trying to convince you that 15mg CB is basically nothing.
But for sure the human mind can do wonders to control the body.

The only suggestion I can give you is not to try to explain your condition with scientific arguments (e.g. upregulated ARs [*]).
I did it sometimes, and I fell in a bad mental loop, especially if one doesn't have the proper scientific background.

[*] ARs are proteins that last a couple of week. Upregulation and downregulation are usual occurrences in our bodies.

2nd suggestion: don't apply the same attitude to positive effects. Shedding is over in 2 weeks? It's not the CB, it had to happen. If you then start shedding again for an effluvium, you might be disappointed and drop the CB... and it was maybe working for you.
Feet on the ground, and let's not overemphasize positive or negative effects. And patience, a lot of patience.

My 2 cents:
almost 6 months on CB after quitting finasteride 6 months ago (low libido etc), 50-55 mg per day in 1 application; since month 3 I feel maintenance+ and no sides (as expected from the metabolism of CB).
hilbert, I seriously think this is not in my head. Not only because I was optimistic before trialing and never expected anything alike, but also because I have a long history of anti androgen side effects which makes me rather familiar with them. Not to question your opinion though since I'm just proven to be super sensitive to anti androgens.

As for the AR upregulation, if you check PFS forums like propecia help and solvePFS, you'd find a lot suffer from permanent upregulation that does not go away after years (might have something to do with epigenetic changes). Of course the cases are rare in terms of percentage but it does have solid evidence. The same happens to hormone refractory prostate cancer patients when they use potent AA long term. These are all very well documented and studied.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents:

Hilbert, in another post (https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/revived-cb-lab-tests.99317/#post-1340850) you mentioned a shed. That was 3 weeks ago. You still losing hair in non male pattern baldness?

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: It's now been two weeks since I quit using the CB, and I am still experiencing some of the side effects... These include dry eyes, dry mouth, frequent headaches, brain fog, insomnia and even testicular pain... I am therefore starting to think that I might have received RU instead of CB from Kane. Unfortunately I did not test the powder before I used it (yes, I know that's pretty stupid), so I don't really know what I used..

Have anyone else experienced similar side effects from either RU or CB? If so, how long did they last?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
evenifnit's Telogen Effluvium="IvanXproject, post: 1349528, member: 118628"]Update: It's now been two weeks since I quit using the CB, and I am still experiencing some of the side effects... These include dry eyes, dry mouth, frequent headaches, brain fog, insomnia and even testicular pain... I am therefore starting to think that I might have received RU instead of CB from Kane. Unfortunately I did not test the powder before I used it (yes, I know that's pretty stupid), so I don't really know what I used..

Have anyone else experienced similar side effects from either RU or CB? If so, how long did they last?[/QUOTE]
even if it's ru, it's still a receptorial aa, so then good and side effects wont last too long afaik. some days max. no way 2 weeks. unless, of course, you take a massive amount orally.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a slightly off topic question:

Can CB enter the blood brain barrier?