Side Effects I've Experienced From Cortexolone 17α-propionate So Far

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using CB for about a week now, and these are the side effects I've experienced so far:

- increased heart rate
- increased blood pressure
- headaches
- dry eyes
- fatigue

Have anyone else experienced similar side effects from CB?

These side effects are not as bad as the finasteride side effects in my opinion (lowered libido, brain fog, gyno, etc.).

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that these come from the application of CB?
At what concentration are you applying CB? What vehicle are you using?

I've experienced initial insomnia (first 2 weeks of using CB) and it subsequently subsided. I'm currently using CB with no side effects.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Where did you purchased your CB?

What vehicle do you use, and how many mgs do you apply per day?

What's your current regimen? Can you tell us your side effect history with previous treatments?

Thanks!

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
Where did you purchased your CB?

What vehicle do you use, and how many mgs do you apply per day?

What's your current regimen? Can you tell us your side effect history with previous treatments?

Thanks!

I bought my CB from Kane.

I use a ethanol/ PG vehicle (70/ 30), and use 20 mg/ day (2%).

Right now I am only using CB (every day) and Nizoral (every three days).

I've previously used finasteride for about 6 months. It worked really well for me, and it made me go from a Norwood 3V to a Norwood 3 (grew back a lot of hair in my crown area). Unfortunately I had to quit because of the side effects.

Side effects I got from finasteride: lowered libido, brain fog, fatigue, dry eyes, dry skin, mild depression, weight gain, abdominal pain, back pain, testicular pain, etc.

I tried to lower the dose to 0.5 and 0.25 mg's but I still experienced most of the side effects. I guess I am pretty sensitive to most AA's.

Do you think that some of the side effects I experienced from the CB could actually come from the vehicle (ethanol/ PG) itself? Maybe I should try to only use the vehicle for some days to see if the side effects persist? Or maybe lower the dose to 10 mg's per day (1%)?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought my CB from Kane.

I use a ethanol/ PG vehicle (70/ 30), and use 20 mg/ day (2%).

Right now I am only using CB (every day) and Nizoral (every three days).

I've previously used finasteride for about 6 months. It worked really well for me, and it made me go from a Norwood 3V to a Norwood 3 (grew back a lot of hair in my crown area). Unfortunately I had to quit because of the side effects.

Side effects I got from finasteride: lowered libido, brain fog, fatigue, dry eyes, dry skin, mild depression, weight gain, abdominal pain, back pain, testicular pain, etc.

I tried to lower the dose to 0.5 and 0.25 mg's but I still experienced most of the side effects. I guess I am pretty sensitive to most AA's.

Do you think that some of the side effects I experienced from the CB could actually come from the vehicle (ethanol/ PG) itself? Maybe I should try to only use the vehicle for some days to see if the side effects persist? Or maybe lower the dose to 10 mg's per day (1%)?
It's unlikely that the sides are from the vehicle.

I'd say pause CB for two or three days and see if the sides go. If they do, we can confirm CB did cause these sides.

The sides must come from CB getting absorbed systemically and attaching to androgen receptors before metabolized. The sides you described sounds typical AA sides.

Do you have any sexual side effects? You said the sides were not as severe as finasteride's. Can you describe that further? Like, to what extent?

Also, during this one week on CB, did you notice any improvement hair wise? (reduced itch/shedding, etc).

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

I'd say pause CB for two or three days and see if the sides go. If they do, we can confirm CB did cause these sides.

The sides must come from CB getting absorbed systemically and attaching to androgen receptors before metabolized. The sides you described sounds typical AA sides.

Do you have any sexual side effects? You said the sides were not as severe as finasteride's. Can you describe that further? Like, to what extent?

Also, during this one week on CB, did you notice any improvement hair wise? (reduced itch/shedding, etc).

"typical" AA sides??
and improved shedding in 1 week??
guys, let's try to stay realistic.

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score

I will pause my CB usage for the next couple of days to see if the side effects goes away.

I did experience some testicular pain yesterday, but other than that I have not really had any sexual side effects. My libido is still the same.

There is definitely reduced itching. There might be less shedding too, but I am not really sure. I guess it's too early to tell if it works for my hair or not.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
"typical" AA sides??
and improved shedding in 1 week??
guys, let's try to stay realistic.
Actually, dry eyes, headache and fatigue are all frequently reported from AA users, especially from those who are sensitive and unable to tolerate finasteride;)

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, dry eyes, headache and fatigue are all frequently reported from AA users, especially from those who are sensitive and unable to tolerate finasteride;)

finasteride is not an AA, it's an anti 5ar2,3. completely different mechanism.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride is not an AA, it's an anti 5ar2,3. completely different mechanism.
Why would inhibiting 5-AR cause dry eyes when androgen receptor antagonists would not? Not contending your point here, just curious, as the dry eyes side is always peculiar to me, a friend of mine had it to a very high degree.

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never heard of dry eyes or headaches...

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
It's now been 5 days since I quit using the CB, but I still experience some of the side effects. My heart rate and blood pressure has been normalized, but I still have dry eyes and fatigue. No matter how much I sleep, I still wake up tired. The quality of my sleep is not as good as it used to be either. I really hope that this goes away soon... Have anyone else experienced this before?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
It's now been 5 days since I quit using the CB, but I still experience some of the side effects. My heart rate and blood pressure has been normalized, but I still have dry eyes and fatigue. No matter how much I sleep, I still wake up tired. The quality of my sleep is not as good as it used to be either. I really hope that this goes away soon... Have anyone else experienced this before?
Ivan, how long have you been off finasteride before starting CB?

If it's not very long it might be the aftermath of finasteride sides, which actually returns a few days later after some people quit it.

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
Ivan, how long have you been off finasteride before starting CB?

If it's not very long it might be the aftermath of finasteride sides, which actually returns a few days later after some people quit it.

It's been over a year since I quit finasteride

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have bought CB from Wuhan and will arrive in 14 days. Any idea what the best vehicle is? Will report progress / side.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that these come from the application of CB?
At what concentration are you applying CB? What vehicle are you using?

I've experienced initial insomnia (first 2 weeks of using CB) and it subsequently subsided. I'm currently using CB with no side effects.

Hi Monoid, How are your results so far and what vehicle do you recommend?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
given the cb half life and the mechanism of action of receptorial AAs, you should be already back to normal.
still convinced that cb is the culprit?