Side-benefits Of Finasteride/propecia

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm.. are you at least back to baseline with your hair now? What about the sides? Did they subside? What sides did you experience?
No not baseline, but I’ll live.
Lower libido and weaker eractions. These went away after about 5 days, now they are back from time to time. Morning wood is coming back now and then which I never had in a long time on finasteride.
So I will asses the situation while off finasteride for many months. Longer I hope.
If I feel I need to go back on in the future I’ll have blood work done this time and never go higher than .25 as this did thicken my hair and gave me no sides.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jeju All the best to you and hopefully you'll recover your hair though you do realize that it may not improve greatly if you do have male pattern baldness. I' also tempted by the .25 2 or 3 times a week.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Manochoice cheers fella.
I understand. I’m just relived I still have some hair. That dose is fine, I’m sure,
Good luck!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ Sounds good fella. I’ll posibly go back on finasteride again in the future and I’ll use a similar dose. Minoxidil is also tempting but I don’t want those skin sides. Have you tried dermarolling? You could also buy a smaller one and do your face too.
As for me, I shaved my head 2 weeks ago.
I’m not sure what’s going on with my hair. The top is thicker but has less strands and isn’t really shedding anymore. The back of my head which started to shed in November is growing back at different lengths and looks sh*t. Hair still sheds from here, even my neck hair! Not an crazy amount though.
My right temple looks thicker than before I quit finasteride. This is where I first started to shed back in June!
So I’m still unsure of a lot of things. Only more time off finasteride will make this more clear.
My hair hasn’t gotten worse in the month I quit finasteride though.

I still have weaker erections some days. My libido is up and down. A twitching prostate for last few days too! Lol. unshrinking?

When my hormones rebalance, if I get some regrowth I’ll never touch finasteride again. If my hair only continues to get worse from here I’ll be tempted to go back on finasteride at .25

Good luck mate!
Yeah I dermarolled with prp on my face...i think i mentioned that earlier in this thread that i tried it on my scalp as well with dermaroll but that was a no go.

i wanted to update my regime, i stopped taking finasteride orally but instead using it topically with my minoxidil since 2/4/19...i crush and dissolve half of 1mg of finasteride so .5mg into around 80 ml of minoxidil and apply/rub that into my scalp and leave on 4 hours before i wash it out and also, only doing it on M-W-F so 3 days out of week.

adseban

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looked in the mirror a few days ago, and saw just how bad my hair has gotten. I tried .25 mg of finasteride saying its worth a try. Quit one day later deciding id rather go bald. Yes, you can actually have sides in 1 day of taking it. Nothing serious but I felt quite weird the entire day and definately had dizziness and felt light headed it was pretty weird. Not worth it to me risking this stuff getting worse as months go on. Its very powerful stuff. Saw palmetto is nowhere close to its strength.
I just cant imagine if its does this to me what would happen after years of use even if my body adjusted after a few weeks.

Yep, I only took it for a week and I feel completely hungover and like a zombie.
It's not a side effect I knew about so it's not even a nocebo effect.
I was paying attention to my erections (the nocebo effect could have been there) but had 0 issue getting it up.
But the zombie effect jeez.... really not enjoyable at all.