Side-benefits Of Finasteride/propecia

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take propecia. I’ve been on it for a year.
Like you I googled all the horror stories but was still willing to risk it. Sure enough, a year later and no gyno, no ED, no brain fog... I’ve encountered some weaker erections but it wasn’t a problem. That only affected my ego.
One thing I didn’t look into before I jumped on finasteride was the potential to accelerate hair loss. I started this b**ch as a nw1 with slight crown thinning, unnoticeable grown out. A year later am pretty diffuse and I have minor receeders, which is still weird to me lol.
My hair loss was slowwww same loss in 2014. After reading about this now, it’s not uncommon for this to happen. Many posts on this forum even.
So be warned, if you start this drug with a lot of hair and slow loss, you could lose a lot of dem der follicles while trying to maintain.
Other members told me to ride out the shed, hell, I even gave that advice myself. But this ain’t no “shed” lol
So a drug that’s meant to save hair can also make some users go bald. Speechless.

I thought I was “well versed” too SMH

I don’t believe this 2% of people get sides bullshit anymore. I truly believe the sides are inevitable. Whether it’s weeks, months, years. More so years. We can’t f*** with our hormones for that long, shits gonna go down lol. But we understandably all want better hair so we risk it, and live in denial.
We’re only human I guess.

Good luck mate
My thread on quitting finasteride.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...tion-two-phases-of-shedding-diffusing.119380/

Amen to post! not religious...reading from bro science can screw a person up. I was gonna stick to finasteride for a year but dropping it at 9 months. I hope my scalp and hair loss can recover after quitting and I hope you can as well...any improvement after quitting?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ I’m sorry to hear about your current situation. I know exactly how stressful it is. I think you definitely made the right decision to come off finasteride - your scalp was reacting badly to something and you won’t know what it is unless you drop something.
You made the mistake of playing with doses, I did too, and you probably shouldn’t have added minoxidil again, not yet anyway, because now you can’t know for sure what is causing you the problem. Give your hair some rest now. Stop adding and taking away things.
I’ve only just come off of the propecia. I had to flush it down the toilet because my mind would change daily. One things for sure is that I’m more relaxed now I’m off it. I hated not knowing if the finasteride was making my hair worse or not. So at least the stress is down.
I’ll keep you updated. If I start an even bigger shed in a few days then perhaps I needed the finasteride, but I still won’t jumo back on it immediately. I want some time off this drug and I’ll asses in a couple months. Ideally I looking for a reduced shed Now I’m off. Telogen Effluvium regrowth can take up to a year I’ve read.
Be patient now you’re off it the finasteride.
Would you consider dropping everything and assessing your hair for a few months? It might make things more clear for you.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ I’m sorry to hear about your current situation. I know exactly how stressful it is. I think you definitely made the right decision to come off finasteride - your scalp was reacting badly to something and you won’t know what it is unless you drop something.
You made the mistake of playing with doses, I did too, and you probably shouldn’t have added minoxidil again, not yet anyway, because now you can’t know for sure what is causing you the problem. Give your hair some rest now. Stop adding and taking away things.
I’ve only just come off of the propecia. I had to flush it down the toilet because my mind would change daily. One things for sure is that I’m more relaxed now I’m off it. I hated not knowing if the finasteride was making my hair worse or not. So at least the stress is down.
I’ll keep you updated. If I start an even bigger shed in a few days then perhaps I needed the finasteride, but I still won’t jumo back on it immediately. I want some time off this drug and I’ll asses in a couple months. Ideally I looking for a reduced shed Now I’m off. Telogen Effluvium regrowth can take up to a year I’ve read.
Be patient now you’re off it the finasteride.
Would you consider dropping everything and assessing your hair for a few months? It might make things more clear for you.
Firstly I want to say thanks for replying....some react to ppl having issue with finasteride negativity and tries to pass it off to fear mongering/emotional to blaming it on something else or to give mis/disinformation about the drug when we are being very rational and logical about our outcomes.

I'm all about the process of elimination but prior to finasteride what worked for me was (minoxidil [used 3+ years] and nizoral [used 2+ years]) along with dandruff issue from liquid min but nothing nirozal or switching to foam min didn't fix. I never had dandruff before regime or even after fixing issue with foam min or even while on finasteride.

I also never had Telogen Effluvium until 7 months into finasteride. Also, I did do dermal rolling PRP myself. I read shock from dermal rolling PRP can cause shedding but I wasn't too aggressive with it...I didn't inject it into scalp. So it's either finasteride and dermal rolling PRP the cause of my current state but more so finasteride as stories like mine are quite common amongst finasteride user as a simple google search will show. I quit PRP on scalp, nizoral, and now finasteride as of today. I have to use min because I am thinning severely and never had this before finasteride or ever in my life so my hair grows back. Plus I don't think min is the culprit.

I have been stressed and dieting etc never ever contributed to the Telogen Effluvium; the sporadic burning and itchy sensation but more so on crown is with shedding to severe thinning. I think its the finasteride that could be stressing body as you're effecting body's hormones etc? So now I'm only Alpecin caffeine shampoo to calm scalp and min to regrow hair lost...min makes hair grow fast so hopefully get me out this Telogen Effluvium phase sooner.

Our finasteride experience is very similiar why I relate to you. I, too, had some improvement after the shed and saw growth but my then my hair seems to get finer and finer and less density and now another big shed, Telogen Effluvium, and more scalp showing...not looking good at all.

Beginning of finasteride..not really much sides..I had strong to weak erection/low libido to okay erection and beginning shooting like a p**rn star to little amount of watery semen to normal now I guess and I'm a bit more fatigue why I take finasteride at night. Do you really think dosage is the issue? From initially working up to 1 gram back down to .5 be the issue? I seen ppl go off the drug then back on...like youtubers hairliciously etc and seem to be doing okay...but when someone increase there seems to be an issue if they weren't on that increase dosage before so I'm on the fence about this. They say finasteride stays in system for days and quarter of dosage can work just as well as 1 gram according to a study etc so I believe its consistently in myself as needed to lower dht.

Seems like good responders to finasteride get improvement after 3 months or so and keep improving...I might be a bad responder.

How are you doing, though, did hair recover n progressively worse?

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
Everybody reacts differently to the drug but I personally have less hair on my head and a softer c***. A week off finasteride and my c*** is hard again. My body doesn’t like this sh*t.
One year is long enough.
Finasteride is great for growing back hair in some of its users. I actually saw some thickening in the first 5 months and no signs of lower libido. I loved it. I would be defending it too if it had carried on that way, but that was before the “shed” hit and destroyed my hair, and my libido went sky high and then plummeted.
But even during the first 5 months when everything was great, I still considered the long term effects but chose my hair. That was stupid for me. I’m kind of glad it didn’t work so I’m not committed to a potentially very dangerous drug.
But like I said, everybody is different. I hope you all have positive results and never experience any side effects in the future, you lucky gits ;)

Sure but its also potentially pretty safe. IDK why everyone assumes its dangerous. Based on what? Hormone levels change by themselves as you age naturally. Some men might have very low neurosteroid levels naturally. We dont know if its dangerous or if its safe. It could equally end up being either one. Studies have proven its safe to take for at least 10 years because we have studies showing us what happens.

DBlenks90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, i’ve recently decided after a very long time weighing up the pros and cons, to finally get on finasteride and see what happens.

Now before anyone bites my head off with a long list of potential side-effects, believe me, i’ve read pretty much every horror story and bad experience (took alot of time) so i’m extremely well versed in what could potentially go wrong. I’m also well aware of what could potentially go right too - and i’ve decided to give it a go.

Anyway, since many online discussions about propecia/finasteride are so heavily saturated and end up with people debating about side-effects, i was wondering if anyone would care to pitch in about some SIDE-BENEFITS!

I’ve read that some people experience loss of body hair... in my case, that would be very welcomed! Also i’ve read that some peoples oily skin and acne calms down - again, another little gem potentially.

Anybody got anything else??

Ps. The first person to write a comment about something like penis size or man-boobs loses. I’ve heard it all, i’ve read it all, i’ve watched it all. There is nothing new you can add that hasn’t been mentioned already, so please stick to the topic. I understand if you’ve had bad side effects that you feel the need to pass that info on, and i truly respect that. But we’ve all seen it now, and we all know what the crack is.

Many thanks :)

Maybe topicals, or if you're hair follicles are still there and not atrophied, you can try diet modification as an adjunct. With hair, being a protein (keratin), theoretically increasing your dietary protein intake will increase the rate at which your hair can grow

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ You're right, it's probably not the derma rolling, it's the finasteride. The reason I mentioned doses is because it caused myself a "what if" scenario, which added more stress and stress simply isn't good for out hair. I was originally cruising at 0.25 ED but increased to 0.50 for convenience sake (big mistake) I was travelling at the time. I pulled my finasteride out of my backpack in a dark room and it was easier to bite off half. Stupid. A week later my shed started and so did the increased libido, I only stayed at 0.50 for a month thinking going back to 0.25 would be a safer option. However, as the shed continued I kept wondering if I should have just stayed at 0.50 and rode out what could have been a "finasteride shed". It was just more confusion and more stress.

You mentioned you were dieting....I too was eating less as I was back packing. Perhaps there's something to that. Poor diet and stress can cause Telogen Effluvium alone. When I made fast gains on only 0.25 I was at the gym 4 days a week and eating 2 whole broccoli and a bag of spinach a day, plus various other fruits and vegetables and antioxidants. Plus my protein intake was high. So I recommend getting you diet back on point and trying some relaxation techniques to lower stress.

My hair was very thick in May, medium length curly hair. I first noticed the shed June 6th, by July my hairline was destroyed. It didn't really move back but it thinned out. then started the top of my head and then the crown, even the nape. I had so much hair to start with I still look okay but I have 20 to 30% less hair now. So all I can do now is wait. Try to lower stress, eat healthy and be patient. If my hair doesn't grow back I can live with my mistake but if I've accelerated my hair loss....well I can still live with it lol but that really sucks.
I'm currently still shedding, but not a huge amount. Only terminal hairs now. it's been like that for the past few months.

I definitely think you reacted badly to the finasteride, so find comfort in knowing you're off of it now.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to sound dumb, but how can finasteride increase hair loss? From a biological explanation. I'm not doubting it can backfire, just kind of confused as to how since it kills some dht. I'm on .25mg finasteride for almost 3 weeks. Haven't noticed any obvious sides yet. Sorry for the TMI, but my erections have been as strong as ever and my libido is about the same. Only bizarre thing I've noticed is more semen and seems a little more watery. I don't plan on being on finasteride for too long. I want to switch to RU which seems to make less of an impact to systemic hormone levels.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@frank1980 There's nothing dumb about asking these questions three weeks into your treatment, and at .25mg...
Nobody knows for sure, but it's happening. I read a bunch of theories but i'm not going to regurgitate all the speculation. That's partly how i'm in this mess...."ride out the shed" "3 months till regrowth" it's like a cult lol
finasteride works for many people so i'm not going to tell anyone to never use it just because it fucked my hair up.
I had a rock hard c*** for 5 months (not continuously lol) and some thickening so things can change, or you can enjoy regrowth and maintain for 15 years, but finasteride for that long isn't wise in my opinion. @abcdefg I'm not invested in this drug anymore, I wont go back on it, and so I feel I can think more rationally now. While on the drug I hoped it wasn't damaging but deep down felt it must be. I was defending it too. You're absolutely right, it might well be potentially pretty safe too, but considering what it can do and how many people have been affected, it's just not worth the risk.
...and that's another thing my friend...like the accelerated hair loss, nobody knows whats going on with this drug. Shedding isn't even reported as side affect in the trials lol

Please understand i'm not anti finasteride. If it continued to work for me I would have stayed on it, but my less firm erections were already bugging me at 8 months...were would I have been at 5 years? I need my dick, I only want my hair.
I say if you're experiencing zero side affects then you should continue...otherwise it's the beginning of something very bad.
Like I said before, it's a relief it didn't work. I haven't taken a picture of my hair since I quit either.
You know, I didn't get morning wood for the last 5 months on finasteride but I didn't even consider dropping it. That just shows that we will look past blatant sides for the sake of our hair. I only quit when I realized it trashed my hair. So watch out, I read a lot of thread where guys talked about the sides creeping up,and then one day BAM...dick game over.

@abcdefg You've been on this forum for a long time. Are you on finasteride? if so, how long have you been on it? Sides? How's your hair?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ You're right, it's probably not the derma rolling, it's the finasteride. The reason I mentioned doses is because it caused myself a "what if" scenario, which added more stress and stress simply isn't good for out hair. I was originally cruising at 0.25 ED but increased to 0.50 for convenience sake (big mistake) I was travelling at the time. I pulled my finasteride out of my backpack in a dark room and it was easier to bite off half. Stupid. A week later my shed started and so did the increased libido, I only stayed at 0.50 for a month thinking going back to 0.25 would be a safer option. However, as the shed continued I kept wondering if I should have just stayed at 0.50 and rode out what could have been a "finasteride shed". It was just more confusion and more stress.

You mentioned you were dieting....I too was eating less as I was back packing. Perhaps there's something to that. Poor diet and stress can cause Telogen Effluvium alone. When I made fast gains on only 0.25 I was at the gym 4 days a week and eating 2 whole broccoli and a bag of spinach a day, plus various other fruits and vegetables and antioxidants. Plus my protein intake was high. So I recommend getting you diet back on point and trying some relaxation techniques to lower stress.

My hair was very thick in May, medium length curly hair. I first noticed the shed June 6th, by July my hairline was destroyed. It didn't really move back but it thinned out. then started the top of my head and then the crown, even the nape. I had so much hair to start with I still look okay but I have 20 to 30% less hair now. So all I can do now is wait. Try to lower stress, eat healthy and be patient. If my hair doesn't grow back I can live with my mistake but if I've accelerated my hair loss....well I can still live with it lol but that really sucks.
I'm currently still shedding, but not a huge amount. Only terminal hairs now. it's been like that for the past few months.

I definitely think you reacted badly to the finasteride, so find comfort in knowing you're off of it now.

Yeah 4 me i dont think its stress of diet or exercise i done it that in past never Telogen Effluvium. My diet been pretty good low carb keto vegs and good quality meats. My hair got more curly with the hairs i do have left as miniaturization seems to make it curlier being on finasteride. My hair lost is a mix of terminal and vellus..some with bulbs. I am tapering down finasteride as just dropping it completely would be shock to my sytem...im currently tapered from .5 to .25 of finasteride and still using minoxidil. If my hair loss Telogen Effluvium subsides i might stick to finasteride at that dosage if not then ill drop it completely. I will report back my condition at end of this month

abcdefg

Reaction score
@frank1980 There's nothing dumb about asking these questions three weeks into your treatment, and at .25mg...
Nobody knows for sure, but it's happening. I read a bunch of theories but i'm not going to regurgitate all the speculation. That's partly how i'm in this mess...."ride out the shed" "3 months till regrowth" it's like a cult lol
finasteride works for many people so i'm not going to tell anyone to never use it just because it fucked my hair up.
I had a rock hard c*** for 5 months (not continuously lol) and some thickening so things can change, or you can enjoy regrowth and maintain for 15 years, but finasteride for that long isn't wise in my opinion. @abcdefg I'm not invested in this drug anymore, I wont go back on it, and so I feel I can think more rationally now. While on the drug I hoped it wasn't damaging but deep down felt it must be. I was defending it too. You're absolutely right, it might well be potentially pretty safe too, but considering what it can do and how many people have been affected, it's just not worth the risk.
...and that's another thing my friend...like the accelerated hair loss, nobody knows whats going on with this drug. Shedding isn't even reported as side affect in the trials lol

Please understand i'm not anti finasteride. If it continued to work for me I would have stayed on it, but my less firm erections were already bugging me at 8 months...were would I have been at 5 years? I need my dick, I only want my hair.
I say if you're experiencing zero side affects then you should continue...otherwise it's the beginning of something very bad.
Like I said before, it's a relief it didn't work. I haven't taken a picture of my hair since I quit either.
You know, I didn't get morning wood for the last 5 months on finasteride but I didn't even consider dropping it. That just shows that we will look past blatant sides for the sake of our hair. I only quit when I realized it trashed my hair. So watch out, I read a lot of thread where guys talked about the sides creeping up,and then one day BAM...dick game over.

@abcdefg You've been on this forum for a long time. Are you on finasteride? if so, how long have you been on it? Sides? How's your hair?

Not on it. Never tried it for various reasons mostly just didnt want to risk my health for a cosmetic problem because like your saying there are risks your taking on for hair. My hair up until a year or so ago was pretty good, but I do have a decent bald spot coming in on the crown but I might just make peace with male pattern baldness and accept it. Everyone gets older its a battle you will never win. Being 36 is different than being 20 so its easier for me to accept. If I was 20 I would probably try finasteride anyways
At some point you have to accept getting older and that you wont ever look as good as you used too and nothing can fix this. Although I will say 10-15 years ago when I read about finasteride I always figured there would be something new and better in a short time since they just figured out finasteride how couldnt they improve upon this? Lol what a fool I was

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@abcdefg Fair play to you. I think you're wise.
I just spend 20 minutes reading last weeks most popular topics. My mind was blown a few times. It would appear that many men on here continue their treatments even after suffering gyno and erectile dysfunction(no joke, at least 4) Anxious Andy is posting in the success section, but b**ch tits and a softy aren't exactly a triumph. He's 21 years old. Another guy mentioned having a numb penis. I can't believe I was taking advise from the HairLossTalk.com members - it's full of desperate nutters.
So @mannyFJ next time you're asking if you're hair fall is normal and Mr anonymous responds "ride out the shed" remember, that guy might well be sat at his desktop with a B cup and a limp noodle. Follow your gut.
I don't mean to sound callous because I'm not, but...but...but... WTF

abcdefg

Reaction score
@abcdefg Fair play to you. I think you're wise.
I just spend 20 minutes reading last weeks most popular topics. My mind was blown a few times. It would appear that many men on here continue their treatments even after suffering gyno and erectile dysfunction(no joke, at least 4) Anxious Andy is posting in the success section, but b**ch tits and a softy aren't exactly a triumph. He's 21 years old. Another guy mentioned having a numb penis. I can't believe I was taking advise from the HairLossTalk.com members - it's full of desperate nutters.
So @mannyFJ next time you're asking if you're hair fall is normal and Mr anonymous responds "ride out the shed" remember, that guy might well be sat at his desktop with a B cup and a limp noodle. Follow your gut.
I don't mean to sound callous because I'm not, but...but...but... WTF

Looked in the mirror a few days ago, and saw just how bad my hair has gotten. I tried .25 mg of finasteride saying its worth a try. Quit one day later deciding id rather go bald. Yes, you can actually have sides in 1 day of taking it. Nothing serious but I felt quite weird the entire day and definately had dizziness and felt light headed it was pretty weird. Not worth it to me risking this stuff getting worse as months go on. Its very powerful stuff. Saw palmetto is nowhere close to its strength.
I just cant imagine if its does this to me what would happen after years of use even if my body adjusted after a few weeks.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol finasteride is so tempting - any sane man would want to save his hair, but to endure those sides, is simply, not sane. I strongly believe that most people on finasteride experience sides now, even if most of those people have very minor sides. I myself had minor sides - no morning wood and weaker erections for at least 5 months, but I didn't really notice too much at the time, I was far more concerned with the Telogen Effluvium finasteride caused lol
one week finasteride free and I'm so much happier in the sexual health department.
Yes it's an extremely powerful drug.The highest does I tried was .50 and only for a month. It was far to strong for my body, caused the Telogen Effluvium a week later and various other problems that persisted for 7 months, even after reducing to .25.
I'm used to having strong drugs in my body too;) but seriously, I was diagnosed with epilepsy 21 years ago and in the 6 years of having this illness I tried about 8 different anti epileptics. Anti epileptics are trippy - the same drugs they give to people with schizophrenia and other mental health problems. I don't have fits anymore but i'm still on three drugs. My body now has tolerance for other drugs;) but seriously, in April I was in Chang Mai for the Songkran festival. One night we all just wanted to relax and sleep because we went hard so we bought a bunch of Valium from the pharmacy. I watched most people eat one or two and fall asleep but I ended up eating 7 only to go out on my scooter and then fall asleep in a bowl of noodles a few hours later. I only ate one quarter of propecia daily and 30-40% of my hair fell out. Don't f*** with that drug.

Did you try saw palmetto?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So [USER=139664]@mannyFJ
next time you're asking if you're hair fall is normal and Mr anonymous responds "ride out the shed" remember, that guy might well be sat at his desktop with a B cup and a limp noodle. Follow your gut.
I don't mean to sound callous because I'm not, but...but...but... WTF[/USER]

You're hilarious. My noodle does fine but was more rock hard prior to finasteride...no b**ch tits yet. I am on .25 mg of finasteride EOD just on M-W-F...the minoxidil has been working...I see new sprouts of hair...and the Telogen Effluvium I experienced with the burning and itching scalp has dissipated a lot so at the moment I'm still on finasteride but i'm sadly still shedding. I do recall you said you wondered what if you stuck to it for more than a year so maybe I should fulfilled that quest for us both as we experienced similar issues with finasteride. I hope to regain the 40% density on top of my head that I lost from finasteride would my current regime (includes caffeine shampoo).

Also the reason for my current dosage...i seen pics of a guy progress on finasteride just that low EOD dosage. https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9pwc9x/13_months_finasteride_025mg_mwf_i_shaved_off_all/

I need to get more more feedback from ppl who suffered from Telogen Effluvium and losing around 50% density top of head being on finasteride...how they make out after a year or more on finasteride. Did they eventually became good responders to the it... did they adjusted to it and the dosage or am I just digging a hole for myself and will look like a cancer patient going through chemo by sticking on finasteride so many freaking unknowns.

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.25 EOD sounds good. Search Desmond on bald truth talk - he was on .25 twice a week. He had a massive shed for 6 months but then he started to see thickening. 1mg is definitely not necessary dude so don't worry about taking too little.

Yeah stick with it and keep me updated, I'll keep you updated about the condition of my hair now i'm off Propecia.
I'm currently two weeks off and the shed is still there but completely different. While on finasteride I was shedding very thick hairs during the last couple of months. They looked very much unaffected by dht but who knows. Now I'm shedding thin hairs, short ones, some thick ones too. Still none as thick as the ones I was shedding the last couple of month on finasteride. Sometimes I think that's good and other times I think i'm shedding regrowth(thin terminals). I would say my head is more itchy too....so not feeling great about discontinuing at the moment, but like you said, the unknowns man, the unknowns.... I think i'll get my dht levels checked, something I never did before which bugged me. I'll play this out for a while. No finasteride, decent supplements, and diet and exercise in check.

For better or for worse, let's keep each other updated.

Good luck mate!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.25 EOD sounds good. Search Desmond on bald truth talk - he was on .25 twice a week. He had a massive shed for 6 months but then he started to see thickening. 1mg is definitely not necessary dude so don't worry about taking too little.

Yeah stick with it and keep me updated, I'll keep you updated about the condition of my hair now i'm off Propecia.
I'm currently two weeks off and the shed is still there but completely different. While on finasteride I was shedding very thick hairs during the last couple of months. They looked very much unaffected by dht but who knows. Now I'm shedding thin hairs, short ones, some thick ones too. Still none as thick as the ones I was shedding the last couple of month on finasteride. Sometimes I think that's good and other times I think i'm shedding regrowth(thin terminals). I would say my head is more itchy too....so not feeling great about discontinuing at the moment, but like you said, the unknowns man, the unknowns.... I think i'll get my dht levels checked, something I never did before which bugged me. I'll play this out for a while. No finasteride, decent supplements, and diet and exercise in check.

For better or for worse, let's keep each other updated.

Good luck mate!
as promised to keep updating....the .25mg m-w-f days i take it on has decreased the hair shed somewhat...i hardly have the sore itchy scalp but my oil production has upped a little - been on min for a month and there's hair growth, im looking less and less like a cancer patient going thru chemo but my hair density is crap compared to prior being on finasteride, min makes my skin look like crap and a few signs its doing that again but i try to negate that by using min on days i take finasteride which is m-w-f only use it once on those days, let it sit for 4 hours and wash it out as i don't want it on pillows etc....so i'm still on fence on finasteride, as i looked worst off, and now i'm back on min which is the reason i started finasteride, to get off min. no win win situation here just some improvements and i done a fast/autophagy to heal the body of inflammation and reset body and i believe that helped as well.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ Sounds good fella. I’ll posibly go back on finasteride again in the future and I’ll use a similar dose. Minoxidil is also tempting but I don’t want those skin sides. Have you tried dermarolling? You could also buy a smaller one and do your face too.
As for me, I shaved my head 2 weeks ago.
I’m not sure what’s going on with my hair. The top is thicker but has less strands and isn’t really shedding anymore. The back of my head which started to shed in November is growing back at different lengths and looks sh*t. Hair still sheds from here, even my neck hair! Not an crazy amount though.
My right temple looks thicker than before I quit finasteride. This is where I first started to shed back in June!
So I’m still unsure of a lot of things. Only more time off finasteride will make this more clear.
My hair hasn’t gotten worse in the month I quit finasteride though.

I still have weaker erections some days. My libido is up and down. A twitching prostate for last few days too! Lol. unshrinking?

When my hormones rebalance, if I get some regrowth I’ll never touch finasteride again. If my hair only continues to get worse from here I’ll be tempted to go back on finasteride at .25

Good luck mate!

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mannyFJ Sounds good fella. I’ll posibly go back on finasteride again in the future and I’ll use a similar dose. Minoxidil is also tempting but I don’t want those skin sides. Have you tried dermarolling? You could also buy a smaller one and do your face too.
As for me, I shaved my head 2 weeks ago.
I’m not sure what’s going on with my hair. The top is thicker but has less strands and isn’t really shedding anymore. The back of my head which started to shed in November is growing back at different lengths and looks sh*t. Hair still sheds from here, even my neck hair! Not an crazy amount though.
My right temple looks thicker than before I quit finasteride. This is where I first started to shed back in June!
So I’m still unsure of a lot of things. Only more time off finasteride will make this more clear.
My hair hasn’t gotten worse in the month I quit finasteride though.

I still have weaker erections some days. My libido is up and down. A twitching prostate for last few days too! Lol. unshrinking?

When my hormones rebalance, if I get some regrowth I’ll never touch finasteride again. If my hair only continues to get worse from here I’ll be tempted to go back on finasteride at .25

Good luck mate!
what's you fina intake atm?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Manochoice I’ve been off finasteride for about a month now. I had a massive shed at month 5, lasted for 7 months, nothing seemed to be growing back. My sides also began at month 5 along with the shed. This happened a week after upping my dose to .50, the first 5 months were great - my hair thickened and I had zero sides. I was on .25 eod but increased to ed. That was my year finasteride journey lol.
I might go back to .25 if I’m desperate.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Manochoice I’ve been off finasteride for about a month now. I had a massive shed at month 5, lasted for 7 months, nothing seemed to be growing back. My sides also began at month 5 along with the shed. This happened a week after upping my dose to .50, the first 5 months were great - my hair thickened and I had zero sides. I was on .25 eod but increased to ed. That was my year finasteride journey lol.
I might go back to .25 if I’m desperate.

Hmm.. are you at least back to baseline with your hair now? What about the sides? Did they subside? What sides did you experience?