Sick of Ruining Pieces During the the Washing Process.

RustyBoomstick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just use daily wear tape if you want to do that.lol
Such as Walker Natural Hold(all base types) or Walker 1522(poly/thin skin bases only) daily wear tape.

As Jbonc is giving really bad advice. Which could make a hair system fly off in the wind like that.
Adding rubbing alcohol to the tapes weakens them and they can loose their sticky.

Using daily leave in conditioner reduces tangles and helps moisture the hair.

And not all hair systems tangle that easy.
I have a SuperHairPieces M105 with a fairly long style and I'm not encountering those problems.
It was also cheap such as £180 at the time,gone up to £210. Still cheap and affordable.

Shite bought on eBay or LordHair pieces tangle easily,yes.
Not just shite rock bottom Chinese or worse hair such as synthetic.
But the knotting method and base material is poor on them too.
So they will shed badly too.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
PEOPLE. The problem is poor quality hair. Period. The more you wash the unit, the worse it will tangle and mat. Use tape instead of glue- take the unit off before you take a shower- take the unit off before going to bed- leave the tape in place on the system- do not remove the tape. In the morning clean your scalp with alcohol and clean the tape with alcohol. Alcohol removes the oil residue from the used tape and makes it sticky again. You can re-attach the unit without having to re-tape it several times. Until the quality of hair improves this is the only way to keep the hair looking good and make it last.
I have to agree that I am getting RIDICULOUSY low-quality pieces right now. They're just dry out of the box & once washed, even the first time, start dangling up & looking unhealthy.

Some, which I've sent back, just came out of the box looking FRIED. Crazy.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Cotton wool balls rubbed around the lace base to get most of the residue off. Then use C22 Solvent on a cotton wool ball.
Shampoo it base side up,held under water. Do NOT submerge it.
If you're doing the washing part wrong when it's not on your head. Yes the hair can pull through the wrong side of the base like that.
Held under water? Okay. Haven't tried that. I do it under the tap. How do I hold it under water without submerging it?