Showering With A Hairpiece Without Shampoo Or Using A Shower Cap

guy9102

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you're not supposed to shower frequently with your hair piece on, but what about wearing a shower cap and only washing your body or taking a shower just with water without using shampoo? Can this be done daily?

Noah

Reaction score
Agreed. Showering with just warm water is not a problem; it is just shampooing the hair system you need to be careful about. I sometimes shower 2 or 3 times a day if I have worked out or played sport, but I only shampoo my real sidehair. I just let the warm water from the shower run through the system hair and the lace mesh. That doesn't do any harm at all, and it is necessary t keep your scalp in good condition. I only shampoo the piece once a week though, unless I have been somewhere very dusty or smoky.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed. Showering with just warm water is not a problem; it is just shampooing the hair system you need to be careful about. I sometimes shower 2 or 3 times a day if I have worked out or played sport, but I only shampoo my real sidehair. I just let the warm water from the shower run through the system hair and the lace mesh. That doesn't do any harm at all, and it is necessary t keep your scalp in good condition. I only shampoo the piece once a week though, unless I have been somewhere very dusty or smoky.

thank you for sharing! I work our regularly and would like to wash my hair to keep my scalp clean. I didn’t know that I should wash so rarely given that I am prone to dandruff. However if washing with water is just fine then that is good to know! : )

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be sure to avoid hot water on the system. I find that this drains the hair of it's shine and colour, and can also cause the base to shrink (I wear UTS).

You might find, like some others here, that you never need to shampoo the hair system. Just let cool/warm water flow through it.