Should I Use Toppik Or Dermmatch On My Scalp?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have used Minoxidil and Finasteride for the last three months and managed to get some growth, the problem is that a lot is inbisable Vellushairs, i have tried to wash my hair with "Just for Men GX" but it seems like the vellus hairs simply dont let the color attach to them.

I live in Sunny and Humid Spain so i sweat in the summer, is Toppik recomendable if you live in a hot and humid country?

My hairloss is quite severe, i have attached a picture so if you think my head is to bald to repair with a consealer be honest and tell me the truth.

Attachments

• 20181210_214003.jpg
    20181210_214003.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,491

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
You can test applying a very sparse amount of toppik, and it may slightly improve the thinning areas. However, none of the concealers are going to provide anything approaching a realistic appearance of full coverage. You simply don't have enough hair for fibers to attach, and putting dermmatch on will only look like makeup on your head.

You'd be better off doing smp or a transplant.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, i will avoid it all together until minoxidil and finasteride hopefully brings back som more hair :)

Ray's Stance

Reaction score
Dermatch
Try ot as instrucyed and blow dry it. Then bang on a bit of tinted dry shampoo or toppik
Will look great and stand up to sweat. Wouldnt go swimming though. Maybe with detmatch dry. But soon as it gets wet dont touch it. Air dry.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grow your hair longer and fibers will work to thicken up your appearance a lot. Just don't use it on any spot that has absolutely no hair or it will look bad. If you grow your hair longer you'll be fine.

Also, stop using control gx shampoo... causes hair thinning.

RobertBBrown

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think that dermmatch will give you a natural result, especially at the back. I agree you should just wait until the minoxidil did the job. 3 months are only the beginning and if you see some good re-growth during that time you will see more in the coming months.

Nothing is more embarrassing than looking like someone who painted the scalp when it doesn't look natural after all

shady

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use both - coat the scalp and surrounding areas with Dermmatch, when dry apply the fibres and pat them in place where needed. This will create a 2 in 1 effect for maximum concealment. You definitely have enough to work with!